Fights Where You Were Seriously Concerned For A Fighter

Pretty much all of Anthony Johnson's opponents at welterweight. He looked far to big to be in there with some of the guys he went up against and to see him demolish them was scary. Looking back, I actually hope that the UFC steps in the next time there is a fighter that much bigger than his opponents not making weight.

What fights were you seriously concerned for a fighter at any point for any reason?
Maybe too much bleeding or twitching after a knockout?

I remember when Demian Maia subbed Rick Story I was pretty concerned about Story because of how much blood was coming out of his nose. It was kind of hard to watch.
I was also concerned about Lauzon in his recent fight with Miller.

Franklin Silva

Saku - Arona and Saku vs Smirnovas were the first two fights that sprung to mind.

More recently Joe Lauzon in his fight vs Miller. That was a lot of blood lost, I mean I knew he wasn't gonna die or anything but I thought it might weaken him to the point he might get seriously hurt by Miller. Rogan shouting about it didn't help either.

Evans vs Liddell and the beating Joe Warren took vs Pat Curran was just brutal

Pretty much all of Anthony Johnson's opponents at welterweight. He looked far to big to be in there with some of the guys he went up against and to see him demolish them was scary. Looking back, I actually hope that the UFC steps in the next time there is a fighter that much bigger than his opponents not making weight.

The Yoshida fight was the worst, the size difference was just silly, it looked like one of the early UFC's when they didn't have weight classes.

Jared Hamman when he fought Consta Phillipou

Murillo Rua when he got beat down by Lawler

Tim Credeur and Nate Quarry

The guy from TUF who had his cheek/nose/eye-socket/face pushed in by that punch. Worst broken face I've ever seen.

Jared Hamman when he fought Consta Phillipou

Murillo Rua when he got beat down by Lawler

Tim Credeur and Nate Quarry

The guy from TUF who had his cheek/nose/eye-socket/face pushed in by that punch. Worst broken face I've ever seen.

Ninja-Sergei comes to mind, i love PRIDE but fuck them for setting such a retarded fight.

komgo when mir was squeezing dat neck. i thought mir will rip his head of if he does not tap.

mir002.jpg

Pride was awesome, don't get me wrong. But what the hell was a nobody lightweight doing in there with a champion caliber (at the time) LHW?

that was the joy of pride. wandy fought cc for example. same thing. they had balls. not like anderson and others mimimi he is 0.5 pounds heavier, i wont fight him he is sooooo big. :icon_lol:

lol it's funny when people say this, they immediately get branded butthurt or a jones hater - I agree though, he just dropped him like he was nothing

If Jones fans can't admit that was disrespectful/unsportsmanlike, then they are smoking some funny stuff.

Glover Teixeira vs Maldonado, that was brutal. If I was a fighter i'd be shitting my ass if I had to fight him.. Good luck to Rampage though, i think it's awesome of him to step up, but Glover is a fucking killer. I can't pick the winner yet. Probably Glover

Shogun looked pretty bad towards the end of the Jones fight. Also, Carwin looked like a wreck after the JDS fight.

Pride was awesome, don't get me wrong. But what the hell was a nobody lightweight doing in there with a champion caliber (at the time) LHW?

Well,.. for 1,.. that's why I was concerned for Yuki, lol.

For 2,.. Wanderlei was a Middleweight Champ at the time.

that was the joy of pride. wandy fought cc for example. same thing. they had balls. not like anderson and others mimimi he is 0.5 pounds heavier, i wont fight him he is sooooo big. :icon_lol:

Anderson goes up and fights LHWs, and he's afraid of someone "0.5 pounds heavier"? Yeah ok . . . :rolleyes:

It's not like there's regulations setup by the Athletic Commissions about championship bouts and that they need to be at the agreed upon weight (see Nate Diaz vs Ben Henderson and why Diaz had to weigh in three times . . . )

PRIDE was just desperate to have a Japanese MW champion, so they threw every Japanese fighter at Wand that they could like Kondo. Even if a Japanese fighter was coming off of a loss (ie: Minowa) or off of 3 straight losses (ie: Otsuka.)

huh, kondo's a LW?

and he wasnt nobody, he was actually a solid fighter in his prime. infact, i believe he was a top 10 LHW when he fought wand.

I was seriously concerned for Joseph Benavidez when he fought MM. I mean, MM landed so many SIGNIFICANT strikes!

I was also concerned for BJ Penn and Sean Sherk in their fights against Frankie Edgar. Edgar also landed so many SIGNIFICANT strikes!

Back