Fights that were won with a jab

The crazy thing is that Calvin cut weight to make 160 in high school. How the hell does he make 145 now? He always looks so much bigger than his opponents. He might actually be better at 155, similar to guys like Dustin and Hooker who moved up and had more success...

The crazy thing is that I don't even think he's the biggest weight cutter at 145lbs. Hell, stephens weighed 150lbs when they fought, and burgos is the biggest damn FW I've ever seen. Moicano and zabit were both just as big if not bigger than kattar as well.

Featherweights in general are just a lot bigger than they were 5 years ago. Kattar's got a perfect frame for that division. I do think he could do well at LW, too, though. I've seen him at LW before and he carried a bit more muscle mass than he does now.

Last edited:
We got another over here, ladies and gents.

If that kick blasted his leg to bits instead of his arm, and he was hobbling around on one leg, would you say it was jabs that won Whittaker that fight ? No, you'd say the strike that caused the MAJOR INJURY won the fight. Do you know how much pain Cannoniere was in ? It's a friggin testament to how toughness that he didn't just throw in the towel immediately. It was the primary thing impacting his performance. He went from 100% to like 40-60%.

But all you knuckleheads want to credit is the jab. No, primary thing that won the fight was the kick causing a MAJOR, DEVASTATING INJURY, then the jabs were secondary.

Dude calm down. Why do you have such a strong opinion on this?

A lot of GSP's fights would qualify, his jab was a big part of his game.

You are making an interpretation of what "won the fight" that is not supported by the OPs post. The fact that you don't realize there is more than one possible way to answer the question of what strikes 'won the fight' reveals your low iq. It's sad to watch you projecting..
No there are many answers to OP's question, but your answer is just fucking retarded. The one kick isn't what won the fight. Getting punched over and over again in the face by Roberts jab is what make Jared lose. Not some kick that Robert only landed once. But hey keep low level iq'ing it by thinking that the one kick was the only reason why Robert won the fight. Also if that kick was so devastating, why didn't Robert spam the kick over and over again, you know, like the jab that he was using non stop? Oh yeah thats right. Its because the jab is what was winning the fight for Robert. Do you even know not how to be dumb?

Last edited:
No there are many answers to OP's question, but your answer is just fucking retarded. The one kick isn't what won the fight. Getting punched over and over again in the face by Roberts jab is what make Jared lose. Not some kick that Robert only landed once. But hey keep low level iq'ing it by thinking that the one kick was the only reason why Robert won the fight. Also if that kick was so devastating, why didn't Robert spam the kick over and over again, you know, like the jab that he was using non stop? Oh yeah thats right. Its because the jab is what was winning the fight for Robert. Do you even know not how to be dumb?

Maybe he didn't know the arm was broken? That's a testament to Jared's toughness and poker face more than anything else.

Look, if you don't get the fact that a blow that caused a devastating injury won the fight as the primary cause, you're just beyond all help. Ask any REAL fighter and they'll agree with me. You're an ignoramus.

ANYBODY WHO THINKS A BROKEN ARM IS NOT A FIGHT ENDER, COME TO MY DOJO AND FIGHT ME WITH 1 ARM TIED BEHIND THEIR BACK. THATS AN OPEN INVITATION.

Then you can test your "theory" tnat a fuckin jab won that fight

ANYBODY WHO THINKS A BROKEN ARM IS NOT A FIGHT ENDER, COME TO MY DOJO AND FIGHT ME WITH 1 ARM TIED BEHIND THEIR BACK. THATS AN OPEN INVITATION.

But he was using both his arms throughout the fight...

Sure the fight was changed cuz of the arm break but whittaker was doing many good things in that fight to win. .

I can see what ur saying tho ...its like the nate diaz masvidal fight...the fight was forever effected by the cut...without that cut happening who knows what would of happened same for canonieer...but that said things happen in a fight..

But he was using both his arms throughout the fight...

Sure the fight was changed cuz of the arm break but whittaker was doing many good things in that fight to win. .

I can see what ur saying tho ...its like the nate diaz masvidal fight...the fight was forever effected by the cut...without that cut happening who know what happened...but that said things happen in a fight..

You saw the X-ray. He must have been in excruciating pain and that shows how tough the guy is.

But if you want the simulation to be more accurate then you can go ahead and break your own arm instead of tieing it behind your back.

Rich Franklin vs chuck Liddell
Randy vs Gonzaga
Both winners got their arm broken by Thier opponents

Mousasi vs Latifi, Rory, Leites, Philippou etc.

Rich Franklin vs chuck Liddell
Randy vs Gonzaga
Both winners got their arm broken by Thier opponents

Now count up how many fights ended on an injury or were pretty much lost because of an injury.

Don't just count one side of it.

Nah, you're lazy and not interested in the truth. Its like 10 to 1 losses or greater for every win off of a major injury, I'd guess.

Now count up how many fights ended on an injury or were pretty much lost because of an injury.

Don't just count one side of it.

Nah, you're lazy and not interested in the truth. Its like 10 to 1 losses or greater for every win off of a major injury, I'd guess.
You said it was a fight ender I replied with fights that people won with broken arms. Can it be a fight ender yeah can people win with broken arms yeah.

So you are now extending it to major injuries and not just broken arms? Seems like you aren't very interested I the truth.

You said it was a fight ender I replied with fights that people won with broken arms. Can it be a fight ender yeah can people win with broken arms yeah.

So you are now extending it to major injuries and not just broken arms? Seems like you aren't very interested I the truth.

Alright fine, count up all the instances of broken arms and subsequent outcomes (You won't, you're lazy and just like to talk shit)

Alright fine, count up all the instances of broken arms and subsequent outcomes (You won't, you're lazy and just like to talk shit)
Lol yep I'll scour the net for every single example of a broken arm in MMA and do the math on the chances of winning and if I don't do that I'm lazy. Why don't you go do that you fucking loon.

Also I never even argued that you are more likely to lose just took issue with your wrong statement that it's a fight ender

Lol yep I'll scour the net for every single example of a broken arm in MMA and do the math on the chances of winning and if I don't do that I'm lazy. Why don't you go do that you fucking loon.

Also I never even argued that you are more likely to lose just took issue with your wrong statement that it's a fight ender

Nothing in the fight game is absolute, that's granted. But if we're talking 90-95% chance of losing after a broken arm, that's pretty damn close to a fight ender, or enough to make it more of a fight winner than a friggin jab.

You are making an interpretation of what "won the fight" that is not supported by the OPs post. The fact that you don't realize there is more than one possible way to answer the question of what strikes 'won the fight' reveals your low iq. It's sad to watch you projecting..
Maybe he didn't know the arm was broken? That's a testament to Jared's toughness and poker face more than anything else.

Look, if you don't get the fact that a blow that caused a devastating injury won the fight as the primary cause, you're just beyond all help. Ask any REAL fighter and they'll agree with me. You're an ignoramus.
The kick did not win the fight. Look at the facts. One kick to the arm factually cannot win the fight. Get over yourself kid. Uncontested jabs to the face again and again and again is what won Robert the fight. That and that alone. Take away the kick, and Robert wins. Take away the jab and who knows if Robert wins. The kick had nothing to do with anything, kid.

Back