Fights that were considered controversial, but you thought weren't?

Also, GSP did beat Hendricks, but a lot of that was the way people judge fights. One guy can land 10 jabs in a row then the other guy scrapes a bomb and people want to give it to the guy that threw the bomb. That's just retarded. Thankfully, most judges know how to score the 10 point must system.

Easy now. I wouldn't say it's retarted, just a different way of looking at combat sports. It is rooting form the ancient times when the goal of a fight was to inflict damage, not tap jab after tap jab with a couple double leg takedowns (causing zero damage) sprinkled in here and there. Some people just don't like that shit (me)-- I like when one competitor tries to beat the shit out of the other competitor and make him bleed and stuff

Wanderlei vs. Franklin 1
Jones vs. Gustafsson
Bader vs. Lil Nog
Bisping vs. Chael/Rashad/Wanderlei

Ya forgot about Bisping vs Chael. I think the wand and Evans fights were only controversial in Bisping's head though

Also vs Edgar was a technical blowout with Aldo clearly 4-1 and people still think Edgar won it

JBJ vs. Gus
Hendricks vs. Lawler
Rampage vs. Machida
Franklin vs. Wanderlei II
Diaz vs. Condit
Mighty Mouse vs. Dodson
Bendo vs. Melendez

Ya forgot about Bisping vs Chael. I think the wand and Evans fights were only controversial in Bisping's head though
I think the Wand fight was close but each round Wandy finished strong against Bisping.

The Evans fight seemed close but I think Suga got that.

In Bisping's head he probably thinks he won the Hendo fight too. It's Bisping, what do you expect.

Jones/Gus
Condit/Diaz
Davis/Machida
Larkin/Carmont
Gsp/Hendricks
Rampage/Machida
Bendo/Edgar 1

Sanchez/Kampmann. One big fuss over aggression and TD-heavy scoring, with a whopping 5-strike difference in the last 2 rounds. 46/41, even in the 3rd, Diego got a TD in the 2nd and hurt Kampmann more in the last 2 rounds.

i know a guy who thought Forrest beat Rampage 4-1

and i thought it was pretty clear cut for Forrest too

Cormier and Henderson. I thought Henderson was rag dolling Cormier the entire time but the ref saw it different. Some people just don't know MMA.

GSP-Hendricks (very very close but counting rounds it was 3-2 for GSP)

Aldo vs Edgar (3-2 to Aldo if I'm being kind, more like 4-1)

Bendo vs Edgar 1 (thought it was clearly Benny Boys)

This surprises me. I thought his second win against Edgar amd win against the Punk were clear losses in both the ten point must system (which is all that's relevant) and the superior pride scoring system.

I mean, I've only seen all those fights once and it could have been a case of "fuck, he's going to win again.", but yeh, I was convinced before it went to the judges that Bendo had won all those fights.

PS I saw someone say Codint vs Diaz, I had Condit winning that. Also saw Lawler vs Hendricks. I was in the 14th row for that one and as much as I was screaming ROBBIE ROBBIE! I still knew Hendricks had won.

GSP vs Hendricks. Had 1-3-5 for GSP all along.

Bendo Edgar 1
Jones Gus
Bendo Melendez
Diaz Condit

i know a guy who thought Forrest beat Rampage 4-1

and i thought it was pretty clear cut for Forrest too

The issue there for me is that people were judge rounds based on the idea that all Forrest had to do was land a good lowkick and Rampage could be in trouble again. Its like the Shogun/Machida fight were Machida fans were expecting the big counter to hurt Rua as long as the fight was standing so judged any standup as favouring him.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back