Fights that were considered controversial, but you thought weren't?

Also, GSP did beat Hendricks, but a lot of that was the way people judge fights. One guy can land 10 jabs in a row then the other guy scrapes a bomb and people want to give it to the guy that threw the bomb. That's just retarded. Thankfully, most judges know how to score the 10 point must system.

Well yes GSP win competition but was getting beat up. I kinda can see why GSP win that fight but when i watched it looked Hendricks was beating GSP because it looked that Hendricks did more damage.

Hendricks-Lawler
Edgar-Bendo 1
Aldo-Edgar
Condit-Diaz
Jones-Gustafsson
Forrest-Rampage

I can't think of any else from the top of my head, but for most of the fights above, I got puzzled when I found out that a fair amount of people thought the fight should be scored differently.

Off the mind:

Bendo vs Edgar 1/Melendez
Rockhold vs Jacare
Khabib vs Tibau
Wanderlei vs Arona
Sonnen vs Bisping
Rampage vs MO
Griffin vs Tito
Gus vs Jones (close but not bad)
Gsp vs Hendricks (same)

The dodgy thing about Forrest/Rampage for me wasn't just the scores but the way the rounds were scored. Two out of three od the judges gave Forrest the first round in which he was knocked down and hanging on. Rampage was given the 1st round by 1 judge but besides that he didn't get anything from any judge until the 4th round by which point Forrest had an unbeatable lead.

Its the same with Shogun/Machida 1, the scores themselves there were dodgier but they become even worse when you look at the scorecards and see Shogun only started to get rounds when Machida had already built up an unbeatable lead. Indeed the only judge(Nelson Hamilton) who didn't have Machida 30-27 after the 3rd gave Machida the 4th in which he landed close to zero.

The idea of not just judging incompetence but bias though is really something the MMA fanbase has been massively conditioned against even considering.

Aldo vs Edgar.
Aldo clearly landed the more significant strikes yet Edgar nut huggers claim to believe he could've got the nod based on catching leg kicks (after being kicked of course) & boxing combination tip tap shit!

I'll start off by saying that I honestly thought Hendricks clearly beat Robbie 3-2

Jones vs Gus was super close and could of gone either way, but I didnt think it was as controversial as sherdoggers think

Rampage vs Forrest- I thought Forrest clearly beat Rampage 3-2

cant think of any others at the moment

Sonnen-Bisping. Thought it was a clear, comfortable 2-1 for Sonnen.

Off the mind:

Bendo vs Edgar 1/Melendez
Rockhold vs Jacare
Khabib vs Tibau
Wanderlei vs Arona
Sonnen vs Bisping
Rampage vs MO
Griffin vs Tito
Gus vs Jones (close but not bad)
Gsp vs Hendricks (same)

Really? I thought Melendez beat Bendo personally. And Hendricks did beat GSP, and that's coming from a GSP fan.

Lil Nog vs Brilz, I think Nog clearly won rounds 1 and 3. People just give brilz more credit because no one gave him a big chance and he took round 2.

Diaz/Condit. I know some were just upset at the way Condit fought, but many also thought Diaz won. I can't even begin to understand how.

Shields/Kampmann.

Shields clearly won, Kampmann did well not getting embarrassed though.

Nog/Ricco is the paradigmatic one. People used to go insane over that fight even though Ricco did absolutely nothing in it.

Fedor/Arona
Condit/Diaz
Gil/Thomson III
Carmont/Larkin
Alvarez/Chandler II

Nog/Ricco is the paradigmatic one. People used to go insane over that fight even though Ricco did absolutely nothing in it.

you gotta be the biggest pride fan ever or nogs relative too think he won that fight sir lol go rewatch it nog did even less then nothing

another one is rutten vs randleman i will always think bas really lost

I thought Condit pretty clearly beat Diaz. Wasn't surprised at all.

Also, I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I did not think Machida vs. Shogun 1 was such a big deal. Close fight, but I couldn't see giving Shogun any more than 2 rounds.

Like another poster said, just because a fight is close doesn't mean there isn't a clear winner. That's the result of the scoring system. If fighter A just barely, edges out fighter B in 5 out of 5 rounds, then he is the clear winner 50-45.

Akiyama vs Belcher at UFC 100. It was one of the clearest 2-rounds-to-1 victories I've seen in quite some time. I think people lost their minds because Joe Rogan loses his mind every time a 10th Planet guy gets in there.

BJ / Frankie 1 -BJ clearly won that fight
Hendricks / GSP - I don't understand how people believe GSP won round 1
Jones / Gus - Jones won round 2 and stole round 4 with that spinning elbow
Hendricks / Lawler - 3-2 hendricks, although lawler beat the shit of him in rounds 3 and 4
Bendo / Frankie 1 - Bendo clearly won, there was no need for a instant rematch
Aldo / Frankie - 4-1 aldo

Bendo v Edgar 1/Melendez/Thompson
Jones v Gus
Condit vs Diaz
Cruz v Faber 2
Sonnen v Bisping

The right guy was given the nod across the board despite the backlash here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back