Fights that were considered controversial, but you thought weren't?

Oh okay. I thought Jones clearly won 3 rounds but it was close like you said, I agree with you.

To your other point, I think GSP beat Hendricks per the 10 point must system, but Hendricks kicked GSP's ass. Hendricks would have won in Pride rules. I think it was the first time in years that GSP ran into a fighter stronger than him and he didn't know what to do. I think GSP was scared of his power. I still think GSP won 3 rounds, but not as convincingly as Hendricks won his 2. Hendricks had it in the bag until GSP out worked Hendricks in round 5.

To your other point, I think GSP beat Hendricks per the 10 point must system, but Hendricks kicked GSP's ass. Hendricks would have won in Pride rules. I think it was the first time in years that GSP ran into a fighter stronger than him and he didn't know what to do. I think GSP was scared of his power. I still think GSP won 3 rounds, but not as convincingly as Hendricks won his 2. Hendricks had it in the bag until GSP out worked Hendricks in round 5.

I thought Hendricks won the first round which gave him 3 rounds on my scorecard. I rewatched the fight a few times and got the same score, it was close though.

I thought Benson Henderson won both Edgar fights and the Melendez fight. And I know it's cliche to say "and I was rooting for so-and-so", but really, I wanted him to lose all those fights.

Edit: was the Thomson fight considered controversial? Anyway, I thought he won that too. Also rooting against him there. Damn you, Bendo.

I thought Hendricks won the first round which gave him 3 rounds on my scorecard. I rewatched the fight a few times and got the same score, it was close though.

It was absolutely close and could have gone either way. I think Hendricks dropped the ball by letting GSP outwork him in the 5th. It just seemed like GSP wanted it more, but knew that his time was done. GSP was a bully that was more afraid of losing than wanting to win and that 5th round shocked me. I thought he was broken, but in the end, it seemed like he just wanted it more. That, and cardio. :lol

I thought Benson Henderson won both Edgar fights and the Melendez fight. And I know it's cliche to say "and I was rooting for so-and-so", but really, I wanted him to lose all those fights.

I actually think Henderson's clearly win all his close fights. He's also incredibly annoying to watch fight. Either cut your damn hair or braid it. Stop playing with between every single exchange. The dude gives me OCD.

Hendricks/Lawler does stand out as the obvious example, it was a close fight certainly but I think it was also a fight were Hendricks winning 3-2 was also very clear with no really contentious rounds.

Jones/Gus a bit less so but I don't think was as bad as the fuss made it. I think there your dealing with a fight that clearly changed direction in the 4th where Gus looked to be on the way to a decision win. The last two rounds were clearly for Jones and I'd say the first three were not clearly enough for Gus that one of them going the other way was a robbery.

Bendo beat Melendez pretty clearly I thought.

BJ vs Frankie I
Frankie vs Benson I
Forrest vs Rampage
GSP vs Hendricks
Jones vs Gustafsson

EDIT: Condit-Diaz as well.

Last edited:
Big Edgar fan, but he lost the first fight clearly. He (Edgar) won the rematch clearly too though.

GSP-Hendricks close fight but not controversial.

Edit: was the Thomson fight considered controversial? Anyway, I thought he won that too. Also rooting against him there. Damn you, Bendo.

This surprises me. I thought his second win against Edgar amd win against the Punk were clear losses in both the ten point must system (which is all that's relevant) and the superior pride scoring system.

Big Edgar fan, but he lost the first fight clearly. He (Edgar) won the rematch clearly too though.

GSP-Hendricks close fight but not controversial.

My thoughts exactly. Huge Frankie fan haha.

Am I the only guy that's not a "big so and so fan?" I like fighters, but I'm a fan of good fights. I'm not a big anybody fan. Is this a wrestling thing? I come from a boxing fan background. I love Pac Man, but didn't lose any sleep over him being ktfo.

Wanderlei vs. Franklin 1
Jones vs. Gustafsson
Bader vs. Lil Nog
Bisping vs. Chael/Rashad/Wanderlei

I'll start off by saying that I honestly thought Hendricks clearly beat Robbie 3-2

Jones vs Gus was super close and could of gone either way, but I didnt think it was as controversial as sherdoggers think

Rampage vs Forrest- I thought Forrest clearly beat Rampage 3-2

cant think of any others at the moment

I thought Forrest also

Machida Henderson was a clear win for machida IMO no controversy.

But I did think Gus beat jones

gegard-mo-stats.jpg

yeah, thats about how i remember it.

Voelkler/Cote. I thought Cote outstruck him handily and did well enough on the ground although he got taken down.

Back