Fights that depressed you most?

Sonnen vs Silva 1 and 2 were both pretty depressing because Chael was doing so well.

Rashad vs. Chuck, Brock vs. Randy, Bigfoot vs. Fedor, and Sergei vs. Arlovski

Fedor vs Bigfoot. Watching HW king getting pounded was depressing.

Silva vs Wedman. Many people nearly quit mma watching that here in sherdog.

JDS vs Cain ll, lll. Disgusting to see a man taking punishment that long period of time.

The only thing depressing about Fedor -Bigfoot was the damn doctor stopping it in between rounds due to a swollen eye. Everyone was ready for Round 3 esp since Fedor went for the sub at the end of the round and Bigfoot shook his finger saying "No"

There was no shame in winning the 1st round on the judges card and then losing the 2nd round big to ta Top 10 fighter that outweighs you by 60 pounds.

Good fight by both men.

Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga and Fedor's 3 losses, because they have allowed people to be deceived by the zuffa hype machine so thoroughly that they actually think those legendary fighters are overrated cans who could not be competitive in today's HW division.

Those people are morons though.

Everyone loses eventually. Many times when they do it is followed by a string of losses even with Zuffa fighters like Liddell, Tito, Hughes, Tim, Arlovski etc

Funny story about that fight........I'm trying to watch this event but my GF has been a bitch all day and we are fighting/yelling so I'm missing all of the fights. Right about the start of this fight she finally stops bitching and we get to the fun make up sex part. During which I hear "OHHHH" "OH MY GOD" come from the TV so I push her off and dart naked into the living room to see what the fuck just happened. Now I'm jumping around completely ecstatic that Crocop went down, but boy she didn't see it that way.

What the hell is wrong with you? Wait until after an event to make up. Ignore her and watch the show. Hopefully she will give you the silent treatment so you can concentrate on the fights.

Afterwards, maybe even the next day you could have made up. Learn to enjoy those moments when you can get away from your woman.

Running to the TV was a good move but you should have never put yourself in that position in the 1st place. Like I said. Make up after the event. I always used it to my advantage when a girlfriend got mad at me.

I would use that time to do something that I wanted to do or use it as and excuse to not go do something that she wanted to do and the best part is she thought she was punishing me. "Fine....I'll go to the store by myself" = music to my ears. Or if she wants to a birthday party that you are not looking forward to and you know she is mad. Do you still want me to come? "No....I will just go by myself" = perfect

What do I know....I was stupid enough to give up the bachelors life, get married, and have kids. It did make me realize how much I just want time to be alone though. Enjoy it while you can. hahaha

Last edited:
Fedor getting hulk smashed by Bigfoot and the sorry look he had during the post-fight interview.

The common answer is Silva vs Weidman 1, I wont lie, I man teared a little....

Also, Machida vs Shogun 2....
Machida was doing so well before the thudding right of Shogun.

It has to be Viper vs. the Mountain. Viper was winning the whole time. Has to be most depressing match, but easily biggest comeback in fight history. Give the mountain a shot at Cain Velasquez. The Viper needs a long time to heal and a lot of facial surgeries...he should be out at least a year.

Coleman V Randy,im a huge Randy fan,but i like the Hammer too.It was so depressing seeing him prod along like an old man.I get pissed off the most after a bad decission though,that really iritates me.

Fedor vs Werdum
Fedor vs Bigfoot
JDS vs Cain 3
Silva vs Weidman 1

Fedor V Bigfoot. Haven't watched it since.

The Viper vs The Mountain.

giphy.gif

Funny story about that fight........I'm trying to watch this event but my GF has been a bitch all day and we are fighting/yelling so I'm missing all of the fights. Right about the start of this fight she finally stops bitching and we get to the fun make up sex part. During which I hear "OHHHH" "OH MY GOD" come from the TV so I push her off and dart naked into the living room to see what the fuck just happened. Now I'm jumping around completely ecstatic that Crocop went down, but boy she didn't see it that way.

Keepin' it classy

It has to be Viper vs. the Mountain. Viper was winning the whole time. Has to be most depressing match, but easily biggest comeback in fight history. Give the mountain a shot at Cain Velasquez. The Viper needs a long time to heal and a lot of facial surgeries...he should be out at least a year.

If it was a hated fighter like, say, Jon Jones instead of the Mountain; Sherdog would have been crying the fight should have been a DQ based on the eye pokes.

Cain`s mauling of JDS. Fedor Losses, Andy losses in the UFC and Ol Big nogs UFC defeats were heartbreaking.

Watching ol' Hunt-o run face first into a Manhoef Truckasaurus punch really hurt my soul. And i called in sick to work to watch it, too. God, that sucked so bad. His loss to McCorkle was disheartening.... but that Manhoef loss will always be my low point.

Also, Machida vs Shogun 2....
Machida was doing so well before the thudding right of Shogun.

How was that depressing. Even a huge Machida should realize that it was justice for Shogun getting robbed in the 1st fight.

I like both guys but if it was reverse and Machida got robbed in the 1st fight I would be happy for him if he beat Shogun in the 2nd fight.

Back