Fights that depressed you most?

Evan Tanner getting beat by Kendall Grove. Simply stomach-turning.

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

Fedor/Werdum was the most instantly soul crushing for me.

Fedor/Werdum didn't really affect too much after the fact. Has a sort of changing of the guard feel to it. The Bigfoot fight, on the other hand...

Fedor/Werdum didn't really affect too much after the fact. Has a sort of changing of the guard feel to it. The Bigfoot fight, on the other hand...

Fedor/Werdum was a big deal to me. Werdum was a pretty sizeable underdog, he wasn't seen as much of a threat at the time. A lot of people dismissed it because it was such a quick loss. His Werdum loss took him right off the P4P rankings on here. The Bigfoot fight wasn't as shocking for me. He lost his aura of invincibility with the Werdum loss imo.

CroCop after Pride
Fedors 3 losses

Both Silva vs Weidman fights.

And when Fedor lost to Hendorson.

Fedor/Werdum was a big deal to me. Werdum was a pretty sizeable underdog, he wasn't seen as much of a threat at the time. A lot of people dismissed it because it was such a quick loss. His Werdum loss took him right off the P4P rankings on here. The Bigfoot fight wasn't as shocking for me. He lost his aura of invincibility with the Werdum loss imo.

He did lose a lot of that aura after the Werdum loss, but the BF fight showcased how far he'd really declined, both physically and tactically IMO. Fedor fought a who's-who of the hw division for a decade, but none had even come close to putting the beating on him that Antonio Silva did. So in my mind, the Werdum fight shattered his aura of invincibility, the BF fight showed us just how far he'd fallen, and the Hendo fight was kind of like the funeral of his mystique.

He did lose a lot of that aura after the Werdum loss, but the BF fight showcased how far he'd really declined, both physically and tactically IMO. Fedor fought a who's-who of the hw division for a decade, but none had even come close to putting the beating on him that Antonio Silva did. So in my mind, the Werdum fight shattered his aura of invincibility, the BF fight showed us just how far he'd fallen, and the Hendo fight was kind of like the funeral of his mystique.

I agree. For a Fedor fan any of those 3 losses can take the cake for different reasons. I was bummed in the way he lost to Werdum, but the Bigfoot fight was a total mauling and definitely showed his decline.

Fedor's losses. And I've never actually watched any of them. At the time I was watching those strikeforce matches a day later generally and couldn't bring myself to view them when I knew the result:(

Silva vs andy both of em. Just cuz of the dumbasses in masses. Neither fight was a good fight, yet nuthuggers were still born.

Fedor v hendo. Early stoppage.

Shogun v hendo 2. Fuck. Shogun was doing so well.

Jds.v cain 2 & 3. Just not a fan of smothering clobbering. The 3rd fight showed jds didnt really learn shit from the previous fight.

Cro cop v gonzaga. I wouldnt had minded so much if he had remained being a killer but he was so god damn timid after that fight.

Hunt v jds. I love this fight and I didnt want either to lose but one had to.

Condit v woodley. Now hes out for a long ass time from a freak injury like andys.

Funny story about that fight........I'm trying to watch this event but my GF has been a bitch all day and we are fighting/yelling so I'm missing all of the fights. Right about the start of this fight she finally stops bitching and we get to the fun make up sex part. During which I hear "OHHHH" "OH MY GOD" come from the TV so I push her off and dart naked into the living room to see what the fuck just happened. Now I'm jumping around completely ecstatic that Crocop went down, but boy she didn't see it that way.

Hahah. At least you've got your priorities straight. :icon_chee

Fedor vs Bigfoot. Watching HW king getting pounded was depressing.

Silva vs Wedman. Many people nearly quit mma watching that here in sherdog.

JDS vs Cain ll, lll. Disgusting to see a man taking punishment that long period of time.

SAKU vs WANDERLEI 1

Back