Fighters who Struggled in Pride and Successful in UFC

I wouldn't consider this as there is no proof and no one was tested in Pride so anyone could have been using.
Which probably means nearly everyone was taking steroids in Pride and taking them more often. Look at all the guys who got busted in the Pride events that took place in Vegas.

How has Chuck not been mentioned yet? 1-1 in Pride, then his career in the UFC really took off.

Chuck was already the UFCs main draw before he fought in Pride. I'm assuming the thread was referring to fighters who had never fought in the UFC but only Pride before.

Anderson was winning the Chonan fight, he spent a lot of time on his back but Chonan couldn't do the least thing with it because Anderson was attacking him ALOT from the bottom. Standing it wasn't the usual domination by Andy we're used to now, but he was still winning it. He was doing Killer Instinct combos in there.

Mark Hunt comes to mind. If you count DREAM he went 5-6 in Japan and 4-1 in America

Edit: 3-1 in America
Soon.

mark-hunt-le-banner.jpg

Which probably means nearly everyone was taking steroids in Pride and taking them more often. Look at all the guys who got busted in the Pride events that took place in Vegas.

Who got busted? The only guy I can remember getting busted in the Pride events in Vegas was Nick Diaz and it wasn't for steroids.

I don't think you have seen that fight, the only person I have ever heard say that Silva was beating Chonan before he got submitted was Barnett.

He was beating chonan ... Commentators were just on chonans dick for some reason

There were four. One of them was Diaz who got busted for cannabis. Randleman provided a sample that wasn't human blood. Pawel Nastula and Belfort tested positive for anabolic steroids.

Diaz's case doesn't really count.

I'm not surprised that Randleman was using something.

Nastula wasn't a high level fighter. He was 1-2 in Pride prior to Pride 32 and was signed because of his judo resume.

Belfort had spent majority of his recent years in UFC back then and wasn't exactly a Pride fighter.

None of the big stars of Pride got busted at Pride 32 & 33. Fedor, Shogun, Wand, Hendo, Barnett, Coleman and Gomi were all clean.

He was beating chonan ... Commentators were just on chonans dick for some reason

No, he wasn't, Anderson was on his back most of the fight and got hit more, he was losing and then Chonan put the finishing touch on him.

Anderson didn't exactly struggle in Pride, but did have two legitimate losses there, and then became unstoppable once he left.

i'd definitely say he struggled. 3-2, getting dominated by takase (who was 4-7 at the time), losing to chonan (a decent fighter, not great though), a close decision over otsuka (2-10 at the time, if the fight had been scored like they are in the UFC anderson probably would have lost :eek:). his win over stiebling was via cut, like 1 minute into the fight with one of the first strikes he threw. the newton win was very impressive though.

for guys that went from UFC to PRIDE, i'd say the most notable were pulver and busta. both guys were champions in the UFC, pulver was 6-0-1, went 2-2 in PRIDE. busta was 3-1 in the UFC, went 4-5 in PRIDE (although i thought he beat hendo in their 2nd fight). rizzo is another guy worth mentioning, 9-5 in the UFC, 0-2 in PRIDE, but i guess he was past his prime when he came into PRIDE.

who knows, they were both past their prime when they fought, but Wand still put Chuck on his ass.

Yes and IIRC Chuck had to go for a TD a couple of times in that fight. You didn't see that very often from Chuck during his win streak between losses to Rampage.

Yes and IIRC Chuck had to go for a TD a couple of times in that fight. You didn't see that very often from Chuck during his win streak between losses to Rampage.

he started doing that to get points after Jardine beat him. it was so nice to see Shogun knock him the fuck out right after he took shogun down then immediately stood up. Golberg even goes "he'll take the points" then boom!

2-1, chuck ko'd mezger and overeem in pride.. but yeah his career did take off after getting stomped by rampage... chuck would never have been champ in pride.

Either would Wand if Chuck was in Pride.

who knows, they were both past their prime when they fought, but Wand still put Chuck on his ass.

No Wand never dropped Chuck. Liddell beat Wand rather easy and the only difference had they fought in there primes would be that Wand would have been KTFO.

Back