Fighters who Struggled in Pride and Successful in UFC

Millennium Man**

White Belt
Reaction score
most Pride fighters have struggled inside the octagon, but there are a few who had it the other way around.

So which fighters who were successful in the UFC have never gone far in the Pride ring? or which fighters who struggled in Pride found success inside the UFC cage?

Anderson didn't exactly struggle in Pride, but did have two legitimate losses there, and then became unstoppable once he left.

Mark Hunt comes to mind. If you count DREAM he went 5-6 in Japan and 4-1 in America

Edit: 3-1 in America

Big Nog, he didn't exactly struggle in pride but he at least won a belt in the UFC (unless my memory fails me and he won one in Pride)

Big Nog, he didn't exactly struggle in pride but he at least won a belt in the UFC (unless my memory fails me and he won one in Pride)

what?

nog had 21 fights in pride and only lost to fedor and barnett.. he was pride hw champ and was one of the best p4p fighters..

Wedrum was still learning the ropes in PRIDE but is 4-2 in the UFC and 8-3 overall since leaving PRIDE years ago with only losses to Overeem, Dos Santos, and a horrendously boring fight with Arlovski, but hey everyone's entitled to screw up every now and again.

How has Chuck not been mentioned yet? 1-1 in Pride, then his career in the UFC really took off.

How has Chuck not been mentioned yet? 1-1 in Pride, then his career in the UFC really took off.

2-1, chuck ko'd mezger and overeem in pride.. but yeah his career did take off after getting stomped by rampage... chuck would never have been champ in pride.

JENS PULVER and Mike Russow.

2-1, chuck ko'd mezger and overeem in pride.. but yeah his career did take off after getting stomped by rampage... chuck would never have been champ in pride.

Well, he would have beaten wanderlei.

Anderson didn't exactly struggle in Pride, but did have two legitimate losses there, and then became unstoppable once he left.

He went 2-2 in Pride I think, I would probably consider that struggling. Especially since Takase flat out sucked as a fighter but he had his way with Silva. At least Silva was winning against Chonan

Well, he would have beaten wanderlei.

not in pride, wand was an absolute beast who fought hw's.. plus better rules, chuck gets stomped by the top fighters @ 205 in pride.. shogun,wand,rampage.

He took the Pride belt from Coleman and won the UFC belt when he choked out Tim Sylvia

152_l.jpg

He went 2-2 in Pride I think, I would probably consider that struggling. Especially since Takase flat out sucked as a fighter but he had his way with Silva. At least Silva was winning against Chonan

I don't think you have seen that fight, the only person I have ever heard say that Silva was beating Chonan before he got submitted was Barnett.

Anderson went 3-2 in PRIDE and Chonan was winning that fight.

not in pride, wand was an absolute beast who fought hw's.. plus better rules, chuck gets stomped by the top fighters @ 205 in pride.. shogun,wand,rampage.

Wandy and Shogun were both very aggresive,which is what you did not want to be vs. Chuck.

Back