Fighters who Struggled in Pride and Successful in UFC

Chuck would of beat Wandy back in the day. Chuck was a bad match up for Wandy.

Nope. Pre-CroCop, Silva was a standup animal and was waaaay too fast, well-rounded, and well-conditioned for Chuck. Especially when you consider the soccer kicks and stomps factor, plus the 10 minute opening round and the special supplements the entire Chute Boxe camp were taking at the time. AT least, that's my take.

Maybe Danzig

too soon to call on Overeem and Lombard

Jens Pulver is the main guy I think of that had success in the UFC but not in Pride, he went 6-0-1 in the UFC and then went 2-2 in Pride.

Wandy and Shogun were both very aggresive,which is what you did not want to be vs. Chuck.

rampage was aggressive, as was couture in their first fight.. what happened?

under pride rules i can't see chuck winning against them, they would just out work chuck all day.

2-1, chuck ko'd mezger and overeem in pride.. but yeah his career did take off after getting stomped by rampage... chuck would never have been champ in pride.

Chuck-and-Wand_zps2b13443c.jpg

Wandy and Shogun were both very aggresive,which is what you did not want to be vs. Chuck.

Chucky couldn't hang with the PRIDE elite

Wanderlei
Shogun
Rampage
Arona
Hendo

Highly doubt you were watching MMA at the time of Wanderlei's reign at 205, dude was unstoppable.

Shogun had already beat Chuck under his own rules, I can only imagin what he would have done if he could have stomped or kicked him.

Rampage already owned him, TWICE.

Arona might be the most underrated LHW of all time.
Arona's leg kicks & takedowns would be enough to win him a decision.

Hendo fought mostly at WW ( 185 ) in PRIDE but he would beat Liddell as well.

Face it Chuck is great, but he's a top 6 maybe 5 MW ( LHW )
In PRIDE.

rampage was aggressive, as was couture in their first fight.. what happened?

under pride rules i can't see chuck winning against them, they would just out work chuck all day.

Randy was also aggressive in the 2nd and 3rd fights. Babalu was aggressive. Don't rush Chuck

Nope. Pre-CroCop, Silva was a standup animal and was waaaay too fast, well-rounded, and well-conditioned for Chuck. Especially when you consider the soccer kicks and stomps factor, plus the 10 minute opening round and the special supplements the entire Chute Boxe camp were taking at the time. AT least, that's my take.

I wouldn't consider this as there is no proof and no one was tested in Pride so anyone could have been using.

I would add that the fight taking place in a ring under Pride rules would greatly have helped Wanderlei beat Liddell, when they fought in 2007 Wanderlei got the only knock down.

I think had they fought in Pride pre-CroCop 2 Wanderlei would have trapped Liddell in a corner, dropped him and finished with soccer kicks and/or stomps.

Overeem is the obvious one.

I would also say Anderson did struggle in PRIDE. He had a close decision against Otsuka, lost a dominant decision to Takase and git finished by Chonan.

Wanderlei
Shogun
Rampage
Arona
Hendo

Highly doubt you were watching MMA at the time of Wanderlei's reign at 205, dude was unstoppable.

Shogun had already beat Chuck under his own rules, I can only imagin what he would have done if he could have stomped or kicked him.

In PRIDE.

I understand the arguements for Shogun and Wand,but no way in hell Dan or Ricardo beats Chuck.

Wanderlei
Shogun
Rampage
Arona
Hendo

In PRIDE.

I think Hendo fought most at 205. I'm pretty sure in Pride he fought at HW once, at MW 12 times and at WW 5 times.

"He is a good fighter, but he is UFC fighter. And this is PRIDE" (cant find that vid now)

Don frye was like 10-1 in the UFC and 3-4 in pride

Back