Fighters who Struggled in Pride and Successful in UFC

I cant believe I still keep seeing this. Its done to death: Chonan was winning the decision! Watch the fights you want to discuss about.

I know what you mean, some of his nuthuggers are completely delusional when it comes to his losses.

He was losing most aspects of the fight against Takase and some could say he was dominated and Takase is in no aspect top competition let alone top 25 no matter how you spin it.

But people really need to watch the Chonan fight, he was losing it, not being dominated but on his way to a loss and even i think i recall Bas and Muaro or Qaudros saying that he had to pull off something big to win the fight.

Didn't Dan Henderson say something like that years ago?

A lot (I would imagine nearly all) of the PRIDE guys were juiced out of their minds. That's something that a lot of my fellow PRIDE fans seem to conveniently ignore on a "But, but, Barry Bonds never got caught using steroids!" level of delusion.

To me PRIDE was a place, an era and something that people connect to. It's not just where they fought, but where they were built, the place where they became somebodies.

In that, I don't consider Silva a PRIDE fighter. He spent just as much time in Cage Rage as he did there. In all honesty, he pretty much fought everywhere pre-UFC. Pride was just one of the places he stopped to fight.

Just my 2-cents.

Back