Fighters who get PPV points Get 1$ per PPV Buy.

According to my estimates, I have supported Jon Jones with 0.06 ~ 0.1 grams of coke.

<JonesLaugh>

According to Tyron woodley.

No wonder Brock wanted a guaranteed purse now that you could only get ppv through ESPN.

It varies with the fighter apparently. The only cases I'm aware that were made public include:

Not new information. And what's more, they only get the $1 per buy after like 200K buys, then they take it up to $1.50 at like 330K or something. It's crazy. Probably even more buys needed to reach the minimum.

I'm pretty sure MM said he never got any PPV money at all not too long ago when he was still champ. I have to believe he and the others got bonuses at some point tho.

I'd be shocked if any card Mighty Mouse headlined ever hit a threshold for points to kick in. The guy was most definitely not a draw.

He says it "starts off at 1$" it escalates based on the number of buys. If you've seen any UFC fighter contracts that have been exposed, this is old news. (Couture, Overeem, Alvarez)

This. We all know how it works. It's an escalating number based on hitting certain sales goals.

Almost no one could get 300k buys before ESPN plus though lol. These rules apply to like 5 o 6 people over the last few years.

That’s why those few ppl get paid the big bucks. GSP did 850K ppv buys after 4 years away. He deserved to get paid.

Maybe on his contract, plenty of guys get far more points than that, Conor, Ronda, GSP, Silva all considerable more at certain stages of their career, sure I read Conor got between 8-10 for the Alvarez fight.

$1? And they are selling that shit for like $60? LMAO. I am glad I have never paid for 1 PPV. Fuck Dana and Zuffa.

You do realize 40% of the revenues goe to the cable companies, right?

Damn. The ESPN deal seems fucked up. The. You add Reebok and no wonder people are pissed.

Fire dana.

fire Dana? lol Why would WME fire him, when he's making them more money?

I'm all for fighting being paid more and all that etcetcetc, but, some of you need to use a little bit of logic prior to making a shit post.

i think that # is less nowadays but ya, i don't think people realize that the UFC doesn't make every penny off a ppv.

It's not that high. I read somewhere that conors highest UFC pay for one fight was 13 mil. I'm assuming that's the khabib fight. That makes 10 mil ppv cut.
Conor only made that total for fighting Mayweather as the UFC took half.
13 mil is still a big pay check for an mma fighter though but Terrible overall considering the amount of money he has made them.
ufc took half of what?

sucks for the fighters. Looking at basketball for a comparison they have so much more leverage. There is total momentum of training going into a fight. It makes a lockout hard to envision and it's hard to see a change without a boycott of sorts.

UFC is the only sports organization that I think could have its athletes paid directly by the fans. I would gladly send 20 bucks a few times a year to a transparent group that figured out a way to fairly split it among fighters. $60 through espn 12 times a year is such an asinine model in the streaming age

Okay cool. 40% of $60 is about $36. So the UFC were paying their champions $1-5 for each ppv. That still sucks.

It's more than that it's more like 60
The UFC has never had to give that much to cable companies; the most was 56% between 2001-2007.

For the longest time it was a 50% split, but with everyone abandoning PPV, the UFC was able to get a very favorable rate:

"With satellite providers (Dish Network and DirecTV), around 55% of the sales price goes to the UFC. With cable television providers (Time Warner, Spectrum, AT&T), it is around 60%. For video on demand streaming, approximately 70% of the sale goes to the UFC. (Endeavor also owns a streaming service in NeuLion, meaning that if it is purchased using that service the other 30% of that sale is still going to Endeavor.)"

Sources:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10...odys-and-standard-poors-tell-us-about-the-ufc
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/10...efight-biggest-event-financial-mma-statistics

Back