Fighters who get PPV points Get 1$ per PPV Buy.

They should take away a dollar for everyone that's streamed

It's threads like this, so full of Sherdonk "logic" and inaccuracies that make me really miss FrankieNYC.

Unfortunately I don't have half the patience he had to want to deal with it.
Times like this he is missed the most

I remember that sum was discussed in the past and bigger draws like Jones, GSP and Brock had way better deals.
I think the PPV incentive scale starts at 1$ per sold PPV but popular champs were getting like 2 to 2.5 and megastars 3-4 imo

They should take away a dollar for everyone that's streamed
Nah streaming doesn't take away buys that directly. A lot of streamers either couldn't afford the ppv anyway or wouldn't have paid because the cards are so awful. It's not a coincidence that many long time fans used to buy multiple ppvs per year and now don't buy any. Hell I make almost double the amount I did back in 2007, but I'm not spending a dime for these bullshit cards.

The contract I saw started at $1 per buy around the 200k sales mark and gradually went up to $3.50 per buy somewhere around the 750k sales point.
The problem lately has been a lot of PPVs aren't selling the minimum for PPV buys to kick in. Not sure how this is handled now ESPN pays the UFC a set amount per PPV.

He says it "starts off at 1$" it escalates based on the number of buys. If you've seen any UFC fighter contracts that have been exposed, this is old news. (Couture, Overeem, Alvarez)
There was a threae about this recently - with the different tiers explained based on the number of sells.
That makes a lot more sense than just $1 across the board.

It differs for each contract. Most commonly have an amount they start at around 300k ppv buys. The more buys the more they get. If the ppv buys jump over 700k that specific fighter might then get 2 dollars instead of 1 since it went over 700k. It's per contract and different for everyone.

Almost no one could get 300k buys before ESPN plus though lol. These rules apply to like 5 o 6 people over the last few years.

It's threads like this, so full of Sherdonk "logic" and inaccuracies that make me really miss FrankieNYC.

Unfortunately I don't have half the patience he had to want to deal with it.

What happened to Frankie? His posts were awesome.

It's sad to see how badly the UFC fighters get screwed over.

Meanwhile I'm reading about a boxer turning down 50 million dollar payday for a particular fight.

Damn. They used to have quite the comprehensive tier system before. Like over 300k buys was a certain amount over 500k etc etc.
Gsp said in the past that a fight to him was worth 7 mill.

His base pay was probably 500k.
Maybe the same in sponsors.
He was making bank with his 1 mil ppv buy cards.

Some guys made 3+ dollars per buy I'm sure of it.

No wonder they are struggling to get Conor and brock back in the octagon

An ascending scale based on sales makes sense.

Events have baseline costs that don't change, whether the PPV sells 50,000 or 500,000...the camera crews, the technology provider for the PPV, the announcer, security, fighters, venue rental fee, etc. still all have to be paid regardless of how many PPVs sell. In an instance where a fighter generates greater amounts of revenue, their portion of the profits increases...

For those who think that is unfair, it makes me think you've never worked a job in sales. In most commission based jobs, after you've reached your target for the time period (week, month, quarter, whatever), the percentage of your commission increases because your sales are outpacing the requisites to keep the business afloat. You don't get 100% of the profit after the goals are met, but a fighter who is pulling $3 per PPV buy after a certain point is getting approximately 10% of the overall profit from each PPV sale (PPV carriers generally speaking get half, the other half goes to the company). Want more money? Market yourself and sell more PPVs.

I've never seen a contract leaked or talked about that it didn't go by tiers. Never have I seen or heard of just a flat amount regardless of buys.

In his video he says it starts at $1.

Conor got a guaranteed $3 million purse and probably $40-50 million from the PPV cut.
It's not that high. I read somewhere that conors highest UFC pay for one fight was 13 mil. I'm assuming that's the khabib fight. That makes 10 mil ppv cut.
Conor only made that total for fighting Mayweather as the UFC took half.
13 mil is still a big pay check for an mma fighter though but Terrible overall considering the amount of money he has made them.

According to Tyron woodley.

No wonder Brock wanted a guaranteed purse now that you could only get ppv through ESPN.

That's what Woodley got, not Conor or Brock.

Here's what Eddie Alvarez had in his contract

A tiered share of pay-per-view revenue, starting at "$1 for each ‘buy' between 200,000 and 400,000 buys, $2 per buy between 400,000 and 600,000 buys, and $2.50 per buy over 600,000 buys."

According to Tyron woodley.

No wonder Brock wanted a guaranteed purse now that you could only get ppv through ESPN.

I think that's only if it hit like 250k or something, $1 for each additional buy after that but there are also bonuses if it hits certain targets. 2$ for 450k 3$ above 600k but if I recall correctly it capped out at $3, or at least it did back in 2013ish when I almost cared, lol.

Back