Fighters who get PPV points Get 1$ per PPV Buy.

BlameTheMedia

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to Tyron woodley.

No wonder Brock wanted a guaranteed purse now that you could only get ppv through ESPN.

$1? And they are selling that shit for like $60? LMAO. I am glad I have never paid for 1 PPV. Fuck Dana and Zuffa.

He says it "starts off at 1$" it escalates based on the number of buys. If you've seen any UFC fighter contracts that have been exposed, this is old news. (Couture, Overeem, Alvarez)

It differs for each contract. Most commonly have an amount they start at around 300k ppv buys. The more buys the more they get. If the ppv buys jump over 700k that specific fighter might then get 2 dollars instead of 1 since it went over 700k. It's per contract and different for everyone.

So basically everyone gets $0 cause UFC sucks LOL

Conor would get at least $4 per PPV, bare minimum.

Good for them but I’m still never going to pay for a ppv

Damn. The ESPN deal seems fucked up. The. You add Reebok and no wonder people are pissed.

Fire dana.

$1? And they are selling that shit for like $60? LMAO. I am glad I have never paid for 1 PPV. Fuck Dana and Zuffa.

Not new information. And what's more, they only get the $1 per buy after like 200K buys, then they take it up to $1.50 at like 330K or something. It's crazy. Probably takes even more buys than that needed to reach the minimum. And mind you, these rates have stayed the same even while the UFC has increased the PPV prices.

I'm pretty sure MM said he never got any PPV money at all not too long ago when he was still champ. I have to believe he and the others got bonuses at some point tho.

Last edited:
Most businesses are like that....When I buy a damn burger, Im probably only giving 10 cents to the person who actually cooked it....Did I pay their whole salary? No but I contributed to it........so this isn't something unique to fighting at all...I agree with Tyron though, fans don't own fighters...I hate fucking people who think they are owed something because they support someone/something.

The UFC is a joke........Fighters should just start a gofundme....ill give them $1 each time I stream.

Last edited:
really? wow! should get more no doubt but I don't know how that shit works. UFC sounds like some nasty business, but we all know that.

Tyron never made it past the $1 mark unless he was on a big card where he wasn't the main event.

He says it "starts off at 1$" it escalates based on the number of buys. If you've seen any UFC fighter contracts that have been exposed, this is old news. (Couture, Overeem, Alvarez)

They still get paid shit compared to what Boxers do. A guy in the UFC who gets 700K PPV buys as a main event wont even make 1/6th as much as a boxer would if he did the same amount of PPV's. So while Jones might get 6 million Avarez is likely getting like 36 million. Lets not even start with Mayweather.

they structure it to screw the fighters as much as they can. nickel and diming them for every penny.

I’m not surprised that nearly everyone in this thread missed the point he was trying to make. He wasn’t criticizing the UFC but the entitled a-hole fans.

Back