• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fighters who fell the farthest in one fight

Brandon Thatch after getting upended by Bendo.

For sure that changed his fortunes radically, but I wouldn't pick him because he hadn't climbed that high to begin with. Some of the other fighters being mentioned had storied careers.

Last edited:
I nominate Anthony Pettis in his fight against RDA: he went seamlessly from looking like a GOAT candidate to looking feckless. And that loss cast a long shadow he never fully emerged from.

Last edited:
Fedor after the Werdum loss
Ken Shamrock after the war with Don Frye
Mark Kerr after the Fujita or Vovchanchyn loss
Phil Baroni after the 2nd Evan Tanner loss
Frankie Edgar after the Ortega KO or the Holloway loss
King Mo after the Bader loss

A lot of fighters have hat expiration date and when it hits, that jaw's cracked, they're a step slower or whatever, it' seems to go all down hill from there.
Of course then there are fighters like Jeremy Horn, Randy Couture, maybe Hendo, that don't have an appreciable drop off in their careers and have had long careers.

Last edited:
Any late stage KO. Weidman/Rockhold, Chuck/Evans, etc.

I don't agree with your general formulation. Weidman did take a steep fall when he lost the title, but that wasn't at such a late stage: he competed for years after that. On the other hand, Alexander Volkov's TKO of Alistair Overeem came at a very late stage in the latter's career, but he didn't fall especially far.

Chuck after this.

r4d4jblrhjyz.gif

Darren till takes the cake. After the masvidal fight, did he ever win again?

Jones when he got disqualified for ped abuse when he fought dc. Even though he had the testosterone levels of a 70 year old man in the first fight. He kept that win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back