Fighters who could/should be better than they are.

nick diaz.if he checked leg kicks

Don't get your hopes up pal. That heavy lead leg is there to deliver his counter shots when he comes forward. Take that away and it changes his style completely.

Struve is probably the best mention here. Has Jones-esque length yet gets KO'd by shorter fighters that have no business getting near him.

As rediculous as this may sound to some people, I always thought that brock lesnar could have been so much more if he just learned to handle getting hit. He's never actually been knocked out cold he was just afraid of being hit and would curl up as soon as his opponent started putting pressure on him. With his size and athletisme, i just feel like if he was more of a warrior, he could of continued fighting and have been more of a threat to the top 5 in the HW division.

Barry if he worked all day with his BJJ and wrestling + a move to LHW

Thiago alvez is who popped in my head. the other is Thiago Silva. great Ko power but terrible footwork and also not very fast.

Alessio Sakara + solid chin = really aggressive fighter with good hands, and a bjj blackbelt.

All his fights end in the first round, either because he gets ko'd or he knocks the guy out. With a sturdier chin, he'd be a scary fight for a lot of middleweights IMO.

you can't train chin bro.

Roy Nelson is the obvious choice.

Cyrille Diabate. Dude has all the skills to be champ just hasn't put everything together.

Lauzon

Rosario. I can't spot many flaws in his game, it's easier with others. Just cardio, and even that isn't terrible, especially for a HW.

Rampage Jackson... dude should've left Wolfslair years ago. Imagine a Rampage who trained at AKA, Jackson's or Blackhouse.

irvin. one of the next gib things in lhw, always entertaining fights, came to fight 205 ripped like a mofukka, never seen this again in lhw. very bad luck with injuries, afterwards painkillers adn roids. no hes fighting cans and loses.

and vera. dont have to say anything about that guy!

BJ in a hard pushing camp, Damian Maia if he started using his JJ again rather than trying to stand up.

Alessio Sakara + solid chin = really aggressive fighter with good hands, and a bjj blackbelt.

All his fights end in the first round, either because he gets ko'd or he knocks the guy out. With a sturdier chin, he'd be a scary fight for a lot of middleweights IMO.

i cant think of anything harder to improve than a chin.

just an opinion,

but ive seen a lot of skillsets improved by various fighters, and i cant remember ever seeing someone with the habit of being knocked out shed that tendency.

if someone can think of 1, please refresh my memory.

As rediculous as this may sound to some people, I always thought that brock lesnar could have been so much more if he just learned to handle getting hit. He's never actually been knocked out cold he was just afraid of being hit and would curl up as soon as his opponent started putting pressure on him. With his size and athletisme, i just feel like if he was more of a warrior, he could of continued fighting and have been more of a threat to the top 5 in the HW division.

i agree totally.

its an unpopular opinion with the hardcores, but IMHO accurate nonetheless.

and dont forget mir. if this guy had a chin and good chael-like takedowns, hed be almost unstoppable!

Back