Fighters who changed their nickname?

Tito tried ripping off The Rock, terrible is an understatement.

I'm waiting for when Melvin guillard decides he's too old to be the "young" assassin

Gegard Mousasi: went from "the young ronin" to "the dreamcatcher".

Wes Sims: "The Project" => " A Whole Show"

Some commentators still call Wand "Mad Dog" here.

Diego came back to Nightmare, didn't he?

Antonio went from Pezao to Bigfoot.
Some people in brazil still use the brazilian one (same with Wandy).

crazy horse-khaos kid
Wasn't it the other way around, "Kid Khaos"?

Edit: I just read that appearently one of his nicknames was the The Lions Den Hunter as well. Makes sense!
Funny, never heard of that...

Cro Cop might be the most unique and well suited nickname ever in MMA. It's safe to say no one will ever be able to use it again.
Agreed. Rampage comes to my mind as well. Their nicknames are used more than their actuals names.

Couture is, was, and will always be The Natural. But he also had a fan adopted moniker- Captain America.
And don't forget "the father of time" :D

Randleman: The monster, but the **** call him "Donkey Kong" :redface:

Did Jones really call himself sexual chocolate?? Cant be serious..

Its cringe worthy how bad Ares and the peoples champ are.. How can you be the god of war without being champ? Pathetic.. And giving yourself a nickname from "the people" is just bad.. Horrible...

Diego from Nightmare to Dream. Without looking I'm sire he's gone back to Nightmare

Another cringe-worthy one is when Frank Shamrock had his middle-life crisis and started to call himself "The Legend".
Terrible...

Also, Kazuhiro Nakamura when from "Kaznak" (PRIDE/UC) to "King Kaz" (after UFC)

Ken "The Rock" Shamrock to "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock

I never really got the Hollywood nickname for Henderson. He doesn't come off as a flashy type whatsoever. Why did they call him Hollywood? The Decision Dan, on the other hand, was pretty obvious ^^

I recall him saying that one of the guys he used to work out with gave it to him but he never really was a fan of it.

I noticed once overeem changed his nickname from demolition man to "the reem" he started losing. Also demolition man was way cooler

No, that's when he started winning lol The Demolition Man was a drained LHW that was getting finished constantly, The Reem won the Strikeforce, Dream, and K-1 Grand Prix championships at the same time.

The IQ Wrestler - The Gracie Hunter
Tiger - Cro Cop
Mad Dog - The Axe Murderer

All three totally justified.

i actually wasnt aware that wand and mirko changed. you learn something new everyday!

but i dont think saku changed it did he? didnt he just have a few nicknames? the IQ wrestler is terrible by the way.

How is this thread not about:

Chris "The Cat Smasher" Leben?!?

Threads titled "The Best Fighter Nickname Ever" should also be about The Cat Smasher.

Back