Fighters who changed their nickname?

Think the Reem is a better nickname than demolition man

How is this thread not about:

Chris "The Cat Smasher" Leben?!?

Threads titled "The Best Fighter Nickname Ever" should also be about The Cat Smasher.

After TUF, I was calling him Chris "the Spritzer" Leben.
But Cat Smasher was good. He liked to smash cats.

the dean of mean keath sardine.

"If Jardine's last name were Johnson, the nickname Dean of Mean would make no sense."

Did Jones really call himself sexual chocolate?? Cant be serious..

Its cringe worthy how bad Ares and the peoples champ are.. How can you be the god of war without being champ? Pathetic.. And giving yourself a nickname from "the people" is just bad.. Horrible...

There's no nickname worse than "Sponge." Saffiedine needs to change that pronto.

I never really got the Hollywood nickname for Henderson. He doesn't come off as a flashy type whatsoever. Why did they call him Hollywood? The Decision Dan, on the other hand, was pretty obvious ^^

I wasn't aware of the back story to the Hollywood nickname. I always thought it was supposed to be ironic, though. I mean, the guy bowhunts and lives on a ranch.

Worst nicknames of all time: Jason "The Athlete" MacDonald and Alan "The Talent" Belcher.

the best one is the nightmare to the dream. it's hilarious. and not surprising that it came from diego sanchez.

Worst nicknames of all time: Jason "The Athlete" MacDonald and Alan "The Talent" Belcher.

I totally agree. Worst nicknames ever. Before UFC, Ken Shamrock was known as Ken "One Punch" Shamrock.

And Joe Lauzon needs to change his nickname immediately.

Nicknames that are made by the fighters themselves are just stupid. Tito Ortiz's People's Champion is just the worst. Chael's American Gangster and People's Champ are the only ones I'll accept.

What about Josh "The People's Warrior" Burkman?

and for the record the best, according to the serdog fightfinder is:

James "The James Krause" Krause

Last edited:
What about Josh "The People's Warrior" Burkman?

Married Burkman can do whatever he wants.
And stop talking about bad nicknames, there are a lot of threads about that already.

Rory: The Waterboy --> Ares

First one was much better if you ask me. Ares is just pretentious.

yep. Ares is horrible. It's like, "wow, you think an awful lot of yourself..."

yep. Ares is horrible. It's like, "wow, you think an awful lot of yourself..."

Almost as much as Nate "The Great" Marquardt.

I think Rory should just change his nickname to "God." Then he'd be the ultimate troll.

Back