@Brown
Reaction score
Mid-career, who are they? Ones I can think of are :

The nightmare - the dream
The demolition man - the reem
The baby faced assassin - warmaster

any more?

Rory: The Waterboy --> Ares

First one was much better if you ask me. Ares is just pretentious.

Henderson started as Dangerous to Hollywood to Hendo. He will always just be Hollywood to me tbh. His fan adopted moniker- Decision.

Couture is, was, and will always be The Natural. But he also had a fan adopted moniker- Captain America.

Sexual Chocolate to Jon "Bones" Jones.

Jon Jones - SexualChocolate to Bones

Huntington Beach Badboy to The Peoples Champ
Edit: I just read that appearently one of his nicknames was the The Lions Den Hunter as well. Makes sense!

Henderson started as Dangerous to Hollywood to Hendo. He will always just be Hollywood to me tbh. His fan adopted moniker- Decision.

Couture is, was, and will always be The Natural. But he also had a fan adopted moniker- Captain America.

I never really got the Hollywood nickname for Henderson. He doesn't come off as a flashy type whatsoever. Why did they call him Hollywood? The Decision Dan, on the other hand, was pretty obvious ^^

I never really got the Hollywood nickname for Henderson. He doesn't come off as a flashy type whatsoever. Why did they call him Hollywood? The Decision Dan, on the other hand, was pretty obvious ^^

Dan said he never liked it and that PRIDE forced it on him because it sound "American".

Hollywood was a terrible nickname, certainly wasn't Dan's idea

Nicknames that are made by the fighters themselves are just stupid. Tito Ortiz's People's Champion is just the worst. Chael's American Gangster and People's Champ are the only ones I'll accept.

its always so obvious when someone has chosen their own nickname. it just seems forced.

also changing nicknames never works.

IMO the best ever is still Erik Morales. 'El Terrible'. just amazing. not mma but still, gives me chills.

why did Rory change?! i actually really like the waterboy, it was different. ares sounds like something a 4 year old would call himself at the 2nd grade Halloween party

Off the top of my head:

Tito Ortiz: Hunting Beach Bad Boy --> Peoples Champion
Diego Sanchez: The Nightmare --> The Dream
Josh Barnett: Baby Faced Assassin --> Warmaster
Dan Henderson: Hollywood --> Hendo
Alistair Overeem: Demolition Man --> Reem

The IQ Wrestler - The Gracie Hunter
Tiger - Cro Cop
Mad Dog - The Axe Murderer

All three totally justified.

Cro Cop might be the most unique and well suited nickname ever in MMA. It's safe to say no one will ever be able to use it again.

When did Rashad start calling himself "Suga", when I heard that, I thought, this guy can't be serious.

Back