Fighters making a lot less in Cali than Vegas

If I was contracted to work somewhere and the bout agreement had NV on it, I'm not just moving over to CA where 9% of my earnings have to go to the government. The UFC should finance the difference and the fighters should invoice them for it.

It's like telling me that I have to work from another office next week in London, then 4 days out telling me that it's in Paris and expecting me to pay for my own Eurostar train ticket, meals and travel for my wife which I'm bringing along with me. Either, I'm not going and you're still paying me my rate, or I'm going and you're reimbursing the difference.

These fighters get thrown about and don't do a thing, then pay "managers" a %. What do these managers and teams actually do? Do they just get paid to stand around?
What would you do?

Stamp your foot really angrily?

Give your head a bang ffs, they have a choice, they can fight or not fight, if they refuse to fight fuck them if they get fired.

I employ people, if they refused to work they'd be out on their arse in a heartbeat!

Nunes v. Cyborg is still a big enough fight to headline. Sure, not as big as Jones, but they would still fill the arena and probably pull around 400k or more.

Sure if Jones broke his leg and had to pull out that fight could headline but to pull the main event because the NSAC doesn't work holidays is insane. They basically forced the UFC to go with the nuclear option.

Lose 9% or 100%? Tough choice.

Also it's not your employers job to pay for your spouses travel fare.

Lastly the UFC doesn't have to pay them shit if they don't fight.
Where do you work out of curiosity, I'm not sure you grasp the idea of honouring the terms and conditions of a contract?

This is a capitalist society, not Mao's China.

What would you do?

Stamp your foot really angrily?

Give your head a bang ffs, they have a choice, they can fight or not fight, if they refuse to fight fuck them if they get fired.

I employ people, if they refused to work they'd be out on their arse in a heartbeat!
Pretty sure you wouldn't have the right to send them to another state where they will be charged taxes that they would otherwise not pay, you're talking BS if you're claiming that you'd have the right to do that.

Sure, if you're reimbursing the lost money, then no problem, but that's not the contract I signed.

Are you 2 years old?
No, I'm 26 years old and been an independent contractor for 4 years, I'm aware of my rights when I sign a contract.

You cannot place me in a role or a job position where I will be taxed more than the agreed amount on the original contract. You cannot have me live in Bermuda with 0% Income Tax, then move me to London with 20% Income Tax, without me signing a contract, agreeing, or having any prior knowledge.

Responses on this thread are quite frustrating, it's like you all live in a basement or work in Target.

You guys realize that the UFC are not the bad guys here. Jones Gus is the main event. You can't just cancel that. Its mostly what people are paying for so the idea you are going to cancel that in order to save 9% in taxes to destroy the card is fucking insane.

Maybe the fighters should sue their fellow fighter Jones and the NSAC since he's the one with the shit in his system and NSAC are the lazy dopes that do not work holidays and can't license him in time. Good on the UFC for not giving up any additional revenue to the state of Nevada. NSAC are bums.
For a 13 year account, you sound like a fool.

And then the fighters get the 9% difference paid back to them in a class-action settlement (less court costs and whatever other fees are involved) 5 years later while their careers and bank accounts have all gone down the toilet. But the moral victory...!
So you're okay with the dictatorship?

You don't sympathise with their position, you'd keep this same energy if you were in their position?

Pretty sure you wouldn't have the right to send them to another state where they will be charged taxes that they would otherwise not pay, you're talking BS if you're claiming that you'd have the right to do that.

Sure, if you're reimbursing the lost money, then no problem, but that's not the contract I signed.

Trust me kid, if you work for me here in CA and I tell you to go to a job in NV or AZ and you refuse, you are going to be fired, end of story

You can bollock on all day about your contract and how you are a 26 year old independent contractor, you work for me you do it on my terms or you fuck off, simple !!!

BTW I've been employing independent contractors for longer than you've been alive, and its my way or the highway buddeh!!!

Life's full of choices, where you are employed and by whom are a couple of them, don't like it, hit the road and work for somebody else.........Its not rocket science!

So you're okay with the dictatorship?

You don't sympathise with their position, you'd keep this same energy if you were in their position?

I do sympathize with their position, especially having to pay Degenerate California's taxes and insane hotel costs. What's to say UFC won't or hasn't already taken care of the fighters in some way we don't know about? I just don't think litigation is the answer, especially considering how poorly that's worked out for literally every fighter that's ever tried.

Trust me kid, if you work for me here in CA and I tell you to go to a job in NV or AZ and you refuse, you are going to be fired, end of story

You can bollock on all day about your contract and how you are a 26 year old independent contractor, you work for me you do it on my terms or you fuck off, simple !!!

BTW I've been employing independent contractors for longer than you've been alive, and its my way or the highway buddeh!!!

Life's full of choices, where you are employed and by whom are a couple of them, don't like it, hit the road and work for somebody else.........Its not rocket science!
Let me ask you some simple questions.

You work in CA right?

Presumably these workers you have work for your organisation which is based out of CA, right? Presumably they live in CA, and therefore pay 9% Income Tax, right? So if you send them to AZ where the Income Tax is between 2 and 4%, they aren't going to complain about paying less tax, right? Same if you send them to NV where they pay 0% Income Tax.

Also, if you go to AZ on a project for 3 weeks, under your CA company, I'm pretty sure the IRS are not going to come looking for the AZ 2.59% for your 3 weeks, you would just be taxed as an individual who works for a CA organisation.

I do sympathize with their position, especially having to pay Degenerate California's taxes and insane hotel costs. What's to say UFC won't or hasn't already taken care of the fighters in some way we don't know about? I just don't think litigation is the answer, especially considering how poorly that's worked out for literally every fighter that's ever tried.
Hey, if you pay me more money to offset the difference then we have no issue here.

You cannot by proxy give me a pay cut when I signed a contract to fight in NV, I have the right to be consulted and offered a revised contract. You cannot give someone a set of circumstances which takes a tenth of their money away on 4 days notice, you don't do business like that.

You cannot by proxy give me a pay cut when I signed a contract to fight in NV, I have the right to be consulted and offered a revised contract.

Which they may have done or are working on. We don't know all the facts and the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Which they may have done or are working on. We don't know all the facts and the behind-the-scenes stuff.
Sure, then if that's the case I have no issue.

That said, Megan Anderson, Amanda Nunes and Michael Chiesa have all confirmed that none of that has been done.

So...

Idiotic response coming from a 11 week old account. Par for the course.

We'll let you stay here and amuse us with your 1099 diatribes. Continue on...
I'm actually a 3 year account, but mods are easily offended.

Your AV needs updating by the way, it's pretty pixelated. I can show you how to update it if you need any help?

No thanks. I'm more interested in hearing 1099 tax tips from a 26 year old contractor. Continue on. I want get all the good info out before you manage to get yourself banned again.

No thanks. I'm more interested in hearing 1099 tax tips from a 26 year old contractor. Continue on. I want get all the good info out before you manage to get yourself banned again.
Why you being ageist for?

Back