Fighters making a lot less in Cali than Vegas

Sure if Jones broke his leg and had to pull out that fight could headline but to pull the main event because the NSAC doesn't work holidays is insane. They basically forced the UFC to go with the nuclear option.

It has nothing to do with the holidays, it has to do with NSAC doing a complete hearing and investigation as they should and not licensing a guy with steroid metabolites in his system.

Lol JJ is the reason why they are making a bigger check. More draws more money. Without him the wouldn't be making as much.

It's a lot worse in England!

I hear they have there high taxes as well.

giphy.gif
Effective taxes paid as a percent of salary are similar everywhere. In the US we have our taxes spread across many tax systems in n several bits and pieces. Add it all up and it’s about the same as any European country. Add up your medical premiums, copays, deductibles, SS taxes, 401k/IRA deductions, income tax (city, state and federal), property tax (school, fire, police), etc.

Thanks for this!

With all the chatter about the Jones' drug test and license, this is an actual concern for the fighters down card.

The amount of money the undercard fighters are losing due to the last minute changes is newsworthy.
They aren’t loosing anything, they can file for a refund at year end like the rest of us.

Just sayin' but i'd kill to have those tax rates. Us Canadians get boned up the ass on income tax.

U realize that's just state taxes right? Federal are another 30% or so ...then sales and property taxes and we pay at least 50% in taxes

My fucking heart bleeds for them?
My tax bracket is 20% and should be 40 if my accountant didn’t work miracles

Least they get to stay in a nice place like California for a couple days
Half the guys on the card lose a whole 8 percent boo hoo

If Jones didn’t fight the whole card would be pulled and they’d make fuck all

It has nothing to do with the holidays, it has to do with NSAC doing a complete hearing and investigation as they should and not licensing a guy with steroid metabolites in his system.

"The fight was moved from Las Vegas to California, ostensibly because the NSAC does not have proper time during a holiday week to investigate the details of Jones’ test in order to clear him to fight. "

NSAC are the same slow bureaucratic fools that still to this day have not pass out a sentenced for Khabib and Conor. That thing should have been done in under a week...MAX. Any other sports organization league would have had fines and suspensions dealt out within days. But this is what happens when your fate is at government level. You're dealing with a kangaroo court who answers to no one. Good on the UFC for bouncing their show out of there.

"The fight was moved from Las Vegas to California, ostensibly because the NSAC does not have proper time during a holiday week to investigate the details of Jones’ test in order to clear him to fight. "

NSAC are the same slow bureaucratic fools that still to this day have not pass out a sentenced for Khabib and Conor. That thing should have been done in under a week...MAX. Any other sports organization league would have had fines and suspensions dealt out within days. But this is what happens when your fate is at government level. You're dealing with a kangaroo court who answers to no one. Good on the UFC for bouncing their show out of there.

<36>

You think they would perform an investigation and hold a hearing in under a week? You're absolutely insane. No athletic commission would do that.

The sole reason Jones is able to compete is because he was already licensed in California due to his previous failed test and the UFC convinced Andy Foster to let it happen. There is zero chance CSAC or any other commission would have done a full investigation and held a hearing in that time frame.

Some athletes will need new blood/neurology exams-

Is this a plus or a negative?

Let me ask you some simple questions.

You work in CA right?

Presumably these workers you have work for your organisation which is based out of CA, right? Presumably they live in CA, and therefore pay 9% Income Tax, right? So if you send them to AZ where the Income Tax is between 2 and 4%, they aren't going to complain about paying less tax, right? Same if you send them to NV where they pay 0% Income Tax.

Also, if you go to AZ on a project for 3 weeks, under your CA company, I'm pretty sure the IRS are not going to come looking for the AZ 2.59% for your 3 weeks, you would just be taxed as an individual who works for a CA organisation.

You seem to be missing my point, either intentionally or because you really don't get it. (I do work in both AZ, NV and AK too for the record, in fact I was in Vegas last week working at a brand new health facility)

You work for my company, you follow my rules. You don't want to do what I request you do, or work where I send you, you no longer work for my company.

We all have choices in life, you choose to work for me, you do it my way or you don't work for me.

I can't make it any simpler.

Maybe wait until you are employing people, you'll get it then....Or maybe not....Have a good one!!!

My fucking heart bleeds for them?
My tax bracket is 20% and should be 40 if my accountant didn’t work miracles

Least they get to stay in a nice place like California for a couple days
Half the guys on the card lose a whole 8 percent boo hoo

If Jones didn’t fight the whole card would be pulled and they’d make fuck all

Aye...God bless those resourceful accountants..........I miss mine from back home. Kept me under 40% for years with his genius!!!<45>

Are people that obtuse they think the UFC doesnt already know this and will take care of whatever they can .

Wait, surely you don't pay less than 10% in taxes if you make $100k? Must be other taxes likes council taxes, not just income taxes?

I’m not going to lie, people love to complain. UFC is a company, you don’t want to work for them, then leave. (And I’m not a jones fan, and never have been).

Back