Fighters making a lot less in Cali than Vegas

Will fighters have to pay more taxes on their winnings in California or Nevada?

From my understanding, in Nevada they wouldn't have paid taxes from winning at all, and in California they will pay BIG TIME.

California knows how to party. In the city...

Thanks for this!

With all the chatter about the Jones' drug test and license, this is an actual concern for the fighters down card.

The amount of money the undercard fighters are losing due to the last minute changes is newsworthy.

If I was contracted to work somewhere and the bout agreement had NV on it, I'm not just moving over to CA where 9% of my earnings have to go to the government. The UFC should finance the difference and the fighters should invoice them for it.

It's like telling me that I have to work from another office next week in London, then 4 days out telling me that it's in Paris and expecting me to pay for my own Eurostar train ticket, meals and travel for my wife which I'm bringing along with me. Either, I'm not going and you're still paying me my rate, or I'm going and you're reimbursing the difference.

These fighters get thrown about and don't do a thing, then pay "managers" a %. What do these managers and teams actually do? Do they just get paid to stand around?

Just refuse the fight and negotiate it out ufc will pay

If the fighters had any type or syndicate they could sabotage the entire card. It is insane what the UFC, USADA and Jones are doing to the whole roster.

Good luck suing for 9% of a 15k salary and then never fighting again

It cost money to sue somebody. In their position, they'd probably cost themselves more than they'd earn by doing so, even if they won.

They would settle out of court each fighters gets a one time special offer.

50% off Reebok coupon

This is great. I didn't even think about this aspect. I've had the misfortune of being flown out to california for major conferences on several occasions and they tax the balls off of you on EVERYTHING (this was San Fransisco, to be fair). I'm not sure how it would break down specifically but you can bet California will be stealing a significant portion of their tax dollars to fund their batshit crazy policies. That state is trash now. The best cities are covered in homeless people.

They would settle out of court each fighters gets a one time special offer.

50% off Reebok coupon
25% off.
Some exclusions apply.
Offer not good in CA, NJ, NY, MA, MI, FL.
* Not to be combined with any other promotion or discount.

Performance of the night winners to receive a signed Giblert Menendez fight kit.

50% was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Last edited:
25% off. Some exclusions apply. Offer not good in CA, NJ, NY, MA, MI, FL.

50% was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

And the coupon must be redeemed before dec. 31st to be valid

Back