Fighters are the finest athletes on the planet

Povetkin failed a drug test, how is that Wilders fault? I understand why you're so stubborn, eastern europeans can never admit when they're wrong. Klitschko isn't even the lineal champion you absolute moron.

Povetkin was clean like a newborn baby and the fight could have been saved but Wilder has been avoiding Povetkin for quite some time now, it's known. Klitschko was the lineal champ and Wilder never fought him when he was. He also isn't exactly eager to fight Fury or anyone with a pulse for the matter.

Average pay of who? Do you know how many professional football players there are on the planet? Most of them get paid a sandwich and a drink after the game. Same goes for basketball players.

Average pay is probably lower in those two sports. Even in some shitty local events fighters get paid a thousand euros or so
Yeah but the UFC isn't some bum league, it's the premier org and former champions are getting paid 25k which isn't even a weeks wages for some low-level soccer players, embarrassing. Alexander Brand is making $30k tonight for his fight against Andre Ward, embarrassing.

NBA players would look ridiculous in MMA. Their physique is mostly useless for fighting, they're too tall and would get their body butchered. I don't even want to imagine what DC would do to them, it would be like being attacked by a pit bull.
Dwight-Howard.jpg

A 6'11 Dwight Howard with minimal MMA training would destroy Cormier in a fight.

DC had trouble with Jones' reach - add about another 7 inches to that.

Povetkin was clean like a newborn baby and the fight could have been saved but Wilder has been avoiding Povetkin for quite some time now, it's known. Klitschko was the lineal champ and Wilder never fought him when he was. He also isn't exactly eager to fight Fury or anyone with a pulse for the matter.
Nice google search and backtrack there, Keith Thurman just made $1.4 million for the biggest fight of his career, LOL.

I'm not understanding why you think Aldo leaving soccer for mma is somehow indicative of mma having lower grade athletes. I'm also not sure why you're also figuratively blowing every other sport on an mma forum.
Well they couldn't succeed at rookie level soccer yet they can walk into MMA and become a GOAT candidate.

Give Russell Westbrook 3 months and he'd be the MW GOAT.

I'm posting this because idiots here claiming that bums like NBA and NFL players are somehow superior athletes to MMA fighters are extremely disrespectful and their false views need to be exposed once and for all.

People who blabber about the supposed "A-level" athletes focus too much on the supposed superior genetic predispositions of those athletes or stress the fact that their sport has a bigger "talent pool". Even if true this is absolutely meaningless because more than anything an athlete is shaped by the sport he participates in and not the other way around.

Fighters who have the will power, talent and courage to do what it takes to come to the top have through years of training and fighting developed into modern day warriors because of the nature of the sport.

Meanwhile those "A-level" athletes are playing with ball like children or they run or jump around a bit. I simply view combat sports with striking involved (ie. MMA and boxing) as the superior sports to whatever they're doing and by virtue of being involved in that superior sport fighters are superior athletes. Fighting is a timeless most primal sport in the history of humanity.

Also, it's absolutely ridiculous to claim that "A-level" athletes don't go into combat sports because the pay is low when the highest paid athlete of all times is a fighter. Floyd Mayweather proved that boxing pays more than any other sport. Far more. Obviously you have to reach the top level but if those athletes don't believe they can reach the top then they aren't much of competitors anyway.

Most of those ball sport "A-level" athletes wouldn't even have the courage to even train boxing at an elite level (which involves hard sparring) for 6 months, yet alone enter the MMA and dominate. They would quit after they would get busted up in sparring routinely. Most people in the world do not have the balls to brawl with elite trained fighters. It's insulting how people here take the courage of MMA fighters for granted. Even your roided hero Brock reacted like a complete pussy when being hit, it was an embarrassment.

Combat sports have attracted some of the finest, most charismatic and most inspiring human beings. It's no coincidence that the most popular athlete in history Muhammad Ali is a fighter. That's because combat gets the best and the most heroic out of people. You can be cynical all you want about that but you know it's true.

Actually it's Motorcross guys.

Dwight-Howard.jpg

A 6'11 Dwight Howard with minimal MMA training would destroy Cormier in a fight.

DC had trouble with Jones' reach - add about another 7 inches to that.

Yeah because someone with minimal MMA training would know how to use reach in a fight?

Also, DC had trouble because of Jones' reach because he couldn't take him down, Dwight Howard would be manhandled easily, DC would pick him up and toss him around

Well they couldn't succeed at rookie level soccer yet they can walk into MMA and become a GOAT candidate.

That's just cuz he too short. Sure there were exceptions but Soccers mostly a tall sport, not a lot of 5'5" guys.

Nice google search and backtrack there, Keith Thurman just made $1.4 million for the biggest fight of his career, LOL.

Where exactly did I claim that Klitschko is the lineal champ now? I said that if Wilder would beat him and become the linear champ he would have been a star. He never beat anybody really relevant in the boxing world.

I don't think this is true, but I also don't think the more athletically gifted that compete in other sports could easily transition to fighting and dominate. It takes a distinct mentality to be willing to get in a cage and get punched and kicked and keep going.

Let's put it this way, if all the world's finest athletes met up at a particular venue and shit kicked off, I know who would be leaving that joint pretty much how they arrived.

I'm posting this because idiots here claiming that bums like NBA and NFL players are somehow superior athletes to MMA fighters are extremely disrespectful and their false views need to be exposed once and for all.

People who blabber about the supposed "A-level" athletes focus too much on the supposed superior genetic predispositions of those athletes or stress the fact that their sport has a bigger "talent pool". Even if true this is absolutely meaningless because more than anything an athlete is shaped by the sport he participates in and not the other way around.

Fighters who have the will power, talent and courage to do what it takes to come to the top have through years of training and fighting developed into modern day warriors because of the nature of the sport.

Meanwhile those "A-level" athletes are playing with ball like children or they run or jump around a bit. I simply view combat sports with striking involved (ie. MMA and boxing) as the superior sports to whatever they're doing and by virtue of being involved in that superior sport fighters are superior athletes. Fighting is a timeless most primal sport in the history of humanity.

Also, it's absolutely ridiculous to claim that "A-level" athletes don't go into combat sports because the pay is low when the highest paid athlete of all times is a fighter. Floyd Mayweather proved that boxing pays more than any other sport. Far more. Obviously you have to reach the top level but if those athletes don't believe they can reach the top then they aren't much of competitors anyway.

Most of those ball sport "A-level" athletes wouldn't even have the courage to even train boxing at an elite level (which involves hard sparring) for 6 months, yet alone enter the MMA and dominate. They would quit after they would get busted up in sparring routinely. Most people in the world do not have the balls to brawl with elite trained fighters. It's insulting how people here take the courage of MMA fighters for granted. Even your roided hero Brock reacted like a complete pussy when being hit, it was an embarrassment.

Combat sports have attracted some of the finest, most charismatic and most inspiring human beings. It's no coincidence that the most popular athlete in history Muhammad Ali is a fighter. That's because combat gets the best and the most heroic out of people. You can be cynical all you want about that but you know it's true.

MMA is still evolving and the athleticism is still relatively low.

Few years ago Brock came in and crushed everyone, on just NFL level athleticism and wrestling background.

Then the HW started really focusing more on strength and conditioning and the HWs now are more fit.

As the $ increases they'll get even better. But I think the top level athletes of all time are Freestyle Motorcross guys because it's a mix of Gymanstics and insanity. Doing a double back-flip on a 2 ton machine 50 feet off the ground required insane athleticism and coordination. I don't think any athletes come close.

MMA guys are definitely up there but there's still a ways to grow.

Yeah because someone with minimal MMA training would know how to use reach in a fight?

Also, DC had trouble because of Jones' reach because he couldn't take him down, Dwight Howard would be manhandled easily, DC would pick him up and toss him around
131031-DwightHoward.jpg

You are terribly underrating how big and explosive these NBA players. They're not your typical lanky guy you knew in high school.

l8QQBk.gif

760508701.gif

mir+smug+face+cormier+kick.gif

He's a paper champ with questionable skills and questionable chin fighting bums. If he would beat Klitschko, become linear champ and then clean out the division he would have been a big star now. Instead he ran away from Povetkin like a pussy.
Povetkin pissed hot. What are you talking about?

LOL. Yeah. I'm sure Ronaldo is regretting being the highest paid athlete on the planet in a sport that won't ruin his life after 50 and with a net worth 20 times more than any MMA fighter ever. I'm sure he wishes he was more "manly"

He makes a lot more but if you don't think soccer players get damaged your delusional.

Injuries happen, they collide and headbutt, get kicked in the head and often get hit in head with the soccer ball traveling 100mph with all the practice they do. Goalies are particularly wrecked, a fast soccer ball is as bad as fists and goalies absorb thousands of them. By the end of their careers their knees, ankles and hips are usually falling apart.

Sure their brains are prolly more intact than fighters (cept Goalies)... all those concussions are really terrible. But any athletes (cept maybe Curlers) tend to wreck their bodies.

You don't even need to be an athlete... try working in a Warehouse or UPS for 20 years and see how your back and knees feel waking up at 50...

Last edited:
Tennis players, man.
Needing to play at your highest level of ability and endurance, quite possibly for hours at a time? Tennis players are definitely some of the finest athletes around.

So motorbikes are heavier than your average pick up truck?
Who knew.

Trucks are about double that weight, and those are light trucks.

Ford F-350 is up to 7K. Toy Tacoma is ~4K

But you are right. I just now read that freestyle MX bikes are ~300lbs.

That's insanely light, had no clue.

But still, that's a lot of weight to do acrobatics with... like doing a back flip with a Super HW, 50 feet in the air.

Back