Fighters are the finest athletes on the planet

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
I'm posting this because idiots here claiming that bums like NBA and NFL players are somehow superior athletes to MMA fighters are extremely disrespectful and their false views need to be exposed once and for all.

People who blabber about the supposed "A-level" athletes focus too much on the supposed superior genetic predispositions of those athletes or stress the fact that their sport has a bigger "talent pool". Even if true this is absolutely meaningless because more than anything an athlete is shaped by the sport he participates in and not the other way around.

Fighters who have the will power, talent and courage to do what it takes to come to the top have through years of training and fighting developed into modern day warriors because of the nature of the sport.

Meanwhile those "A-level" athletes are playing with ball like children or they run or jump around a bit. I simply view combat sports with striking involved (ie. MMA and boxing) as the superior sports to whatever they're doing and by virtue of being involved in that superior sport fighters are superior athletes. Fighting is a timeless most primal sport in the history of humanity.

Also, it's absolutely ridiculous to claim that "A-level" athletes don't go into combat sports because the pay is low when the highest paid athlete of all times is a fighter. Floyd Mayweather proved that boxing pays more than any other sport. Far more. Obviously you have to reach the top level but if those athletes don't believe they can reach the top then they aren't much of competitors anyway.

Most of those ball sport "A-level" athletes wouldn't even have the courage to even train boxing at an elite level (which involves hard sparring) for 6 months, yet alone enter the MMA and dominate. They would quit after they would get busted up in sparring routinely. Most people in the world do not have the balls to brawl with elite trained fighters. It's insulting how people here take the courage of MMA fighters for granted. Even your roided hero Brock reacted like a complete pussy when being hit, it was an embarrassment.

Combat sports have attracted some of the finest, most charismatic and most inspiring human beings. It's no coincidence that the most popular athlete in history Muhammad Ali is a fighter. That's because combat gets the best and the most heroic out of people. You can be cynical all you want about that but you know it's true.

Wladimir Klitschko is an elite 6 foot 6 ripped "A-level athlete" and he also has a PhD, speaks four languages, is an avid chess player and opera enthusiast, he's intelligent and well spoken not to mention that he comes from a very fine family, his father is a hero of Chernobyl who sacrificed his health for entire Europe and later died of cancer because of it. Klitschko is like the supreme specimen of a man, you will never see such an elite athlete and human being in your pathetic ball sports because that is for little kids and manchilds.

JJ Watt HW champ with 6 months virtual reality training.

Cristiano-Ronaldo-and-Conor-McGregor.jpg

Conor looks like a slob compared to Ronaldo (an A level athlete) and Conor is one of the more ripped mma fighters. Why would an A level athlete choose to get beat up for rubbish money?

Not sure I agree. I think fighters are the most courageous sportsmen on the planet without a doubt, but I don't agree they're the best athletes. The general poor cardio in MMA is quite bizarre. You have guys whose entire career and livelihood is being in peak physical shape for battle, and they visibly gas out after a few minutes work like a fat kid in gym class. It's weird. The very idea of seeing Roger Federer or Lionel Messi or Manny Pacquiao blowing out their ass after 7 minutes of action is fucking ludicrous.

Didn´t you read that F1 drivers are the finest?

Fighters are the finest fighters on the planet.

Conor looks like a slob compared to Ronaldo (an A level athlete) and Conor is one of the more ripped mma fighters. Why would an A level athlete choose to get beat up for rubbish money?
Ronaldo doesn't have to fit a weight class as well as having access to the finest roiding clinics on the planet. Hey, maybe Conor with that PPV chedda can get in now too.

Either a troll or you don't know anything about fighting.

MMA is the most grueling sport to train, and probably even more grueling to compete in.

In fact Ronaldo is more of an awe of Conor than the other way around. Ronaldo is fascinated by combat sports athletes, that's why his lover is a kickboxing legend. He knows that those are the real men while earns a living playing with ball like kids.

Didn´t you read that F1 drivers are the finest?

F1 drivers and fighters both deserve more respect than anyone because those are dangerous sports that get the best qualities out of people. Fuck sports where no one ever dies

Not sure I agree. I think fighters are the most courageous sportsmen on the planet without a doubt, but I don't agree they're the best athletes. The general poor cardio in MMA is quite bizarre. You have guys whose entire career and livelihood is being in peak physical shape for battle, and they visibly gas out after a few minutes work like a fat kid in gym class. It's weird. The very idea of seeing Roger Federer or Lionel Messi or Manny Pacquiao blowing out their ass after 7 minutes of action is fucking ludicrous.

Roger Federer and Messi wouldn't last a round of boxing. It takes a completely different conditioning.

Pacman is a legend and a warrior. I don't know why we make so much distinction between boxing and MMA anyway, it's all one big fighting family. Pacman is ten times the man Messi will ever know how to be.

It'd be much easier for an NFL/NBA player to transition into MMA than the other way around.

Take that however you want it

i

Wladimir Klitschko is an elite 6 foot 6 ripped "A-level athlete" and he also has a PhD, speaks four languages, is an avid chess player and opera enthusiast, he's intelligent and well spoken not to mention that he comes from a very fine family, his father is a hero of Chernobyl who sacrificed his health for entire Europe and later died of cancer because of it. Klitschko is like the supreme specimen of a man, you will never see such an elite athlete and human being in your pathetic ball sports because that is for little kids and manchilds.
Not to mention that his brother was arguably better!

In fact Ronaldo is more of an awe of Conor than the other way around. Ronaldo is fascinated by combat sports athletes, that's why his lover is a kickboxing legend. He knows that those are the real men while earns a living playing with ball like kids.
No bro, no
Penaldo bless

It'd be much easier for an NFL/NBA player to transition into MMA than the other way around.

Take that however you want it

NBA players would look ridiculous in MMA. Their physique is mostly useless for fighting, they're too tall and would get their body butchered. I don't even want to imagine what DC would do to them, it would be like being attacked by a pit bull.

LOL. Yeah. I'm sure Ronaldo is regretting being the highest paid athlete on the planet in a sport that won't ruin his life after 50 and with a net worth 20 times more than any MMA fighter ever. I'm sure he wishes he was more "manly"

Back