Fighters are the finest athletes on the planet

Who cares? Better to make millions and become famous globally instead of making scraps and maybe becoming famous in a niche sport.

And how many people who train tennis and soccer seriously make any real money? Percentage wise it's smaller than fighting.

If you want to talk about top level the ceiling is way higher in fighting

Haha no they don't, they're both knocking on 40s door and they'll still have to come out of retirement, Pacqiuao already has. You don't have to be the absolute best in the sport to make tens of millions like you do in boxing.

You're contradicting your own logic here. If those A-level athletes are so elite they would dominate boxing and get that top level Floyd Pacman money. America wants to see American HW champ badly yet no one of those A-level bums is willing to step up and earn hundreds of millions.

Fighters aren't the real A level athletes at all, Aldo is a failed soccer player so he walked into MMA and became a GOAT candidate. Stipe is a failed baseball player so he became UFC champion.

And Michael Jordan is a failed baseball player. What's your point?

I am not really knowing who you are trying to convince lol...all posters are here because clearly they are big fans of combat sports

Fucking retarded. Run around a cage for 15-25 minutes, versus running for hours. Ever seen a sport called "rugby"?
MMA fighters are pussies compared to those crazy bastards.

James-Johnson-Raptors.jpg

Meet James Johnson. A journeyman basketball player that barely gets off the bench. His nickname in NBA circles is, Bloodsport.

"His first MMA bout came at the age of 18. Johnson was declared the winner after 97 seconds. He’s fought a total of seven MMA matches and is undefeated. He’s 20-0 in all his kickboxing matches."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/they-call-him-bloodsport-james-johnson-kicks-his-way-into-the-nba/

And Michael Jordan is a failed baseball player. What's your point?
He literally walked into baseball with hardly any experience, Aldo & Stipe literally devoted years to soccer & baseball. Michael Jordan had already made it big in a sport that requires A level athletes.

fighters are good athletes, but i wouldn't say the finest ones. the athleticism of most fighters and even champs are usually B-Grade

You're contradicting your own logic here. If those A-level athletes are so elite they would dominate boxing and get that top level Floyd Pacman money. America wants to see American HW champ badly yet no one of those A-level bums is willing to step up and earn hundreds of millions.
They already have an American HW champ, his name is Deontay Wilder and he's a failed basketball player. And is he making hundreds of millions? Absolutely NOT.

I wish we could put all the athletes on a spetsnaz obstacle course or something and whoever has the best time wins.

Could air it on g4 or something.

They already have an American HW champ, his name is Deontay Wilder and he's a failed basketball player. And is he making hundreds of millions? Absolutely NOT.

He's a paper champ with questionable skills and questionable chin fighting bums. If he would beat Klitschko, become linear champ and then clean out the division he would have been a big star now. Instead he ran away from Povetkin like a pussy.

James-Johnson-Raptors.jpg

Meet James Johnson. A journeyman basketball player that barely gets off the bench. His nickname in NBA circles is, Bloodsport.

"His first MMA bout came at the age of 18. Johnson was declared the winner after 97 seconds. He’s fought a total of seven MMA matches and is undefeated. He’s 20-0 in all his kickboxing matches."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/they-call-him-bloodsport-james-johnson-kicks-his-way-into-the-nba/
What were the quality of his opponents?

And how many people who train tennis and soccer seriously make any real money? Percentage wise it's smaller than fighting.

If you want to talk about top level the ceiling is way higher in fighting
Are you serious? Compare the average pay in soccer or basketball to the average fighter pay, they make more in a week than former champs in the UFC make per fight. Serena makes a shit ton more than Rousey.

He's a paper champ with questionable skills and questionable chin fighting bums. If he would beat Klitschko, become linear champ and then clean out the division he would have been a big star now. Instead he ran away from Povetkin like a pussy.
Povetkin failed a drug test, how is that Wilders fault? I understand why you're so stubborn, eastern europeans can never admit when they're wrong. Klitschko isn't even the lineal champion you absolute moron.

Why are people bringing up money like it's relevant? Athletes in the NBA, NFL, etc get paid more because more people watch those sports, not because they are superior athletes.

He literally walked into baseball with hardly any experience, Aldo & Stipe literally devoted years to soccer & baseball. Michael Jordan had already made it big in a sport that requires A level athletes.
I'm not understanding why you think Aldo leaving soccer for mma is somehow indicative of mma having lower grade athletes. I'm also not sure why you're also figuratively blowing every other sport on an mma forum.

Are you serious? Compare the average pay in soccer or basketball to the average fighter pay, they make more in a week than former champs in the UFC make per fight. Serena makes a shit ton more than Rousey.

Average pay of who? Do you know how many professional football players there are on the planet? Most of them get paid a sandwich and a drink after the game. Same goes for basketball players.

Average pay is probably lower in those two sports. Even in some shitty local events fighters get paid a thousand euros or so

Not sure I agree. I think fighters are the most courageous sportsmen on the planet without a doubt, but I don't agree they're the best athletes. The general poor cardio in MMA is quite bizarre. You have guys whose entire career and livelihood is being in peak physical shape for battle, and they visibly gas out after a few minutes work like a fat kid in gym class. It's weird. The very idea of seeing Roger Federer or Lionel Messi or Manny Pacquiao blowing out their ass after 7 minutes of action is fucking ludicrous.
Most street fights last under a minute, and you always see people gasping for air when it's all said and done (not to mention both participants only land about 0.05% of their strikes...

MMA fighters engage in 3 major arts AT ONCE...boxing, Muay Thai (kicks), and grappling...

Yeah, I think it's reasonable for many if not most of them to gas after a round or two (5-10 minutes).

Cristiano-Ronaldo-and-Conor-McGregor.jpg

Conor looks like a slob compared to Ronaldo (an A level athlete) and Conor is one of the more ripped mma fighters. Why would an A level athlete choose to get beat up for rubbish money?

The fact that they would get beat up is the point.

Back