Fighter of the year has to be re-done now

Cerrone. Went up in weight and is cracking heads.

Surprised more people didn't mention him. He's in the top 5 career surges for sure.

- Bisping automatically disqualified for fighting the #13th ranked middleweight, and nearly dying doing it

- Conor went 1-1 with Nate Diaz, a 2nd round stoppage loss, and a majority decision win. lol

People are going to get irritated by this but heavyweight is so thin with such a low skill level its hard for me to give it up to Miocic instead of Cody. Its the geriatric division and the overall skill and athleticism is embarrassingly bad compared to lower weight divisions.

36 - Overeem
39 - Werdum
37 - Arlovski

The average age he fought in 2016 was 37.4 - Imagine any professional sport where you are playing against dudes nearly 40 years old.

31 - Cruz
33 - Mizugaki
25 - Almeida

Cody fought guys with an average age of 29.6

For his part, Overeem got knocked out for the 10th time in his career, and its what you should expect after Browne, Bigfoot and Rothwell. Getting knocked out is basically Overeem's signature move. Werdum is a great fighter but like most of his peers he's got one foot out the door. These are old farts in terms of athletic prime. Heavyweight is recycling the same old names from a decade ago because the UFC fails to attract talent the size of a heavyweight because of atrocious base pay.

I like Cody for fighter of the year. If Conor didn't have the embarrassing stoppage loss to Diaz he'd be a shoe in, but you can't be fighter of the year if you went 1-1 with the #6 guy. Bisping isn't even in the discussion, he arguably lost to the #13.

I just can't see the really fucking close decisions over 40 year olds and the finishes over the massively overrated Miesha and Rousey getting favored over the murking the p4p great who has a w over the p4p number 1. Garbrandt has to be number one with Miocic in the wings.

Back