Fighter of the year has to be re-done now

What? lol

That's what you are doing.

Under what circumstance could a female fighter win FOTY in your mind then?

I can't wait for this.
When the talent is up to par with the other fighters in the running.

Probably never tbh. Should be a separate category like best actor and actress.

What's wrong with calling it best male and best female fighter of the year?

Because it's fucking stupid.

Then you have to break up all the weight classes. How do you view a Flyweight the same as a Heavyweight if you view Women different?

I'd still give it to Miocic.

He finished Arlovski, Werdum, and Overeem in a combined 8 minutes........ (very hard to top that, what a year !)

Because it's fucking stupid.

Then you have to break up all the weight classes. How do you view a Flyweight the same as a Heavyweight if you view Women different?
No you don't. Male MMA is comparable across all weight divisions.

Cody is definitely up there. I just don't understand how anyone can argue for Conor. Great accomplishment this year for him, but mixed results in his record.

It was Stipe regardless of UFC 207.

It's Cody and it isn't really that close. 4-0 in 2016 with 3 first round KOs and dominated the BW GOAT knocking him down, beating his ass and dancing the robot on him.

That is superior to almost losing to a couple of past their prime legends and beating Luke Salthold. Cody never even struggled in 2016. Ran through everyone he fought including the champ. Bisping almost got KO'd by a 90 year old Hendo that he handpicked TWICE... and debatably lost the fight!

Bisping's year was definitely amazing and I think Stipe deserves more love than he's getting in the discussion too but it shouldn't be close

Neck tattoos should be the fighter of the year

Nope. Beating cans plus Dom doesn't equal fight of the Year. Also try actually being a PPV headliner on the regular and you MIGHT be Fighter of the Year someday too, scrub.

Women can't beat men in a fight.

Flyweights won't beat Heavyweights. So in your mind awards can only go to HWs lol
Flyweights would lose because of size. Nunes doesn't fight men her own size because their skill level dwarfs WMMA. This shit ain't equal. If it were, there would be intergender fights in the UFC.

Flyweights would lose because of size. Nunes doesn't fight men because her own size their skill level dwarfs WMMA.

So you can separate weight classes but not genders?

Well there are people that do know how to separate and judge things on an even median. Knowing full well women can't beat men in a fight but accomplishments in their division vs the current skill level of their division are what matters in deciding things like this.

So you can separate weight classes but not genders?
Yes. Like I said, I can compare talent across all male divisions, and we all do when we come up with P4P rankings. WMMA is a whole 'nother animal. That's why I am for separating the categories. Dominick Cruz echoed a similar sentiment in the past. That way you can give Nunes her props and avoid arguments like this where WMMA is discredited.

Cerrone. Went up in weight and is cracking heads.

Back