Fight Night Round 4 Announced...Tyson is in.

I had a dream meeting Tyson (I met him in real life). His car pulled up in front of me and he asked where my friend Elliot was located so he could tune him up. I said I didn't know. Just before he drove off, I asked if me and some of my friends could take a picture with him. He obliged. He got out of the car and it was the blob Tyson that came out. So fat that his width was the same as his height. Square Tyson. It was awkward.

I loved the range of different styles in FN3 but hated the way all the fighters were so slow and the hits didn't look hard.

The punch connections in FN1 (to the head) looked great and the KO replays were way better because they showed the lead up to the knock out. Also, the punches that follow the knock out punch actually had an affect on the ko'd opponent in FN1 unlike 2 and 3.

Ridiculous that Round 2 and 3 didn't have PBF.

i just hope that every fight will not look exactly the same. i wanna see more of a back and forth flow, where the opponent actually has the ability to make adjustments.

overall FN3 was a great game but there were many flaws... the MAIN thing that i was pissed off about was the difficulty settings... me and my brother play on the hardest setting as a middleweight and easily beat any HW, we even go as low as lightweight and beat up ali with guys like morales and corales.... it's really a shame that they didn't include much harder difficulties ie. tekken... there should be at least 5 difficulty settings ranging from "very easy - easy - novice - hard - very hard" and very hard should be virtually impossible to beat.

the other thing was the career mode, it was cool the first time you play it but i've beaten career mode with tons of different guys as well as created characters and the story line never changes. also the only thing that made an opponent a "rival" is that they used cheap moves like low blows and head butts. also the "fight as the weigh in" thing is super retarded. first of all you're wearing gloves to a weight in, how does that make sense? and second of all you can't even fight back all you can do is block/parry. very lame.

as far as in game stuff the parry system was pretty lame. parrying is real but they overdo it making the guy sit there frozen if he gets parried. also i've played 100s of matches and there is no randomness in the fights. very very rarely you'll have a real flash knockdown but there is virtually no one punch ko's. the replays of a knockdown are pretty cool but they overdo the slow mo part of it. there should also be a setting in the options to cut out all the in between rounds stuff (cutman, ring girl, etc) so if you just want to play you don't have to keep skipping all those screens.

hopefully FN4 fixes/changes a lot of these flaws and many more that i didn't list... even with all those negative things FNR3 was still a great game and worth the money but i hope they improve upon it.

i second all of that.

I was awesome in both Round 2 and to a lesser extent, round 3. i was like 1554-200 in Round 2, and like 214-20 in round 3 at one point. Round 3 was dumb how the haymakers were slow as shit, and could be countered with a stun shot that would have you on the verge of a knockdown. So many bad things about the game. The fighters were too slow as well. They made the haymakers slow because they wanted to make good fighters use them far less. Stupid. They could have kept them fast, but make you tire very quickly if you overuse them. So if you fight a noob who can't block or avoid them, you can take him out in devastating fashion. But if you overuse them against good guys, you are fucked in like 3 or 4 rounds after your energy is sapped. I wont get totally hyped until i see the new game in action. EA fucks it up nearly every time. I liked Round 2 the best, by the way. Atleast in terms of how it played.

I was awesome in both Round 2 and to a lesser extent, round 3. i was like 1554-200 in Round 2, and like 214-20 in round 3 at one point. Round 3 was dumb how the haymakers were slow as shit, and could be countered with a stun shot that would have you on the verge of a knockdown. So many bad things about the game. The fighters were too slow as well. They made the haymakers slow because they wanted to make good fighters use them far less. Stupid. They could have kept them fast, but make you tire very quickly if you overuse them. So if you fight a noob who can't block or avoid them, you can take him out in devastating fashion. But if you overuse them against good guys, you are fucked in like 3 or 4 rounds after your energy is sapped. I wont get totally hyped until i see the new game in action. EA fucks it up nearly every time. I liked Round 2 the best, by the way. Atleast in terms of how it played.

i didnt mind that they slowed down the speed. round 1 and 2 were both way too fast. the upper body movement remained way to exaggerated as well. once you were able to perfectly time the stun shot, the game was no longer fun. rjj was one of the hardest guys to beat in round 3 but he was also probably the easiest to hit with a stun shot, so everytime i would be getting my ass whooped, i would just time him and knock him out. that game got played out quick. for all it flaws, it was still fun. theres so many things that can be improved on in round 4, that i don't think they will be able to fit in everything to satisfy the fans.

That. Is. Great. Fucking. News.

I just hope the fights don't get generic and redundant like in FNR3, but I'll obviously waste $60 to find out.

i gave up on the game when i as ali having knocked down roy jones junior 3 times without tasting the canvas got KO'd with 1 punch...

cant wait i play fn3 all the time

i didnt mind that they slowed down the speed. round 1 and 2 were both way too fast. the upper body movement remained way to exaggerated as well. once you were able to perfectly time the stun shot, the game was no longer fun. rjj was one of the hardest guys to beat in round 3 but he was also probably the easiest to hit with a stun shot, so everytime i would be getting my ass whooped, i would just time him and knock him out. that game got played out quick. for all it flaws, it was still fun. theres so many things that can be improved on in round 4, that i don't think they will be able to fit in everything to satisfy the fans.

Well anytime the real life fighters are about twice as quick as their video game counter parts, we have a problem. RJJ was quick, as was most of the speedsters. But the punchers were ridiculously slow; far slower than the real life fighters they were supposed to represent. How can they be looking for realism when nearly every puncher is slower than George Foreman on his slowest day?

Well anytime the real life fighters are about twice as quick as their video game counter parts, we have a problem. RJJ was quick, as was most of the speedsters. But the punchers were ridiculously slow; far slower than the real life fighters they were supposed to represent. How can they be looking for realism when nearly every puncher is slower than George Foreman on his slowest day?

Agreed. They need to use an apparatus to measure the speed of current professionals as well as punching power. As for the legends, they can use old fight films to measure the power and speed as well (slow motion capture/measurement techniques). Of course, this would be a little bit more complicated and I do not know if they EA really wants to invest the money into doing that.

in the game I want to see frazier hit RJJ with a solid left hook followed by a KO. None of this getting up crap.

Nobody thought in Round 2 that Marciano and Lamotta were way to powerful and good. If you perfected the haymakers with those two and had reasonable movement and defense you won.

If Tyson's foul is an ear bite I will be sold.

It is cool to hear other people play victorious boxers. I always thought that was a great game though it does not get much love.

Round 2 was way better than Round 3 IMO. Sure people still bitched when Round 2 was out but the fact of the matter was that game had a great stamina system. That's what made the game the most fun online.

Round 3 you can just throw and throw and throw and not get tired. It's bullshit.

Back