Fight Night Round 4 Announced...Tyson is in.

Round 2 was way better than Round 3 IMO. Sure people still bitched when Round 2 was out but the fact of the matter was that game had a great stamina system. That's what made the game the most fun online.

Round 3 you can just throw and throw and throw and not get tired. It's bullshit.

Round 2 was way better than Round 3 IMO. Sure people still bitched when Round 2 was out but the fact of the matter was that game had a great stamina system. That's what made the game the most fun online.

Round 3 you can just throw and throw and throw and not get tired. It's bullshit.

Round 3 is fundamentally flawed on so many fronts that it's ridiculous. The thing that bothered me the most was the new stun feature. You can get one pretty much off of any haymaker, and with the slower punchers, even hooks!! That was GAY. Nobody was throwing haymakers online because they were afraid of the stun. Realistic? No. Haymakers should have been quick and deadly like before, but very taxing on your stamina if you miss or overuse. That's realistic. And about this stun punch, it was very very very very dumb that it would hurt the opponent 100% of the time. Can anyone say arcade? Instead, what they should have done was have the stun punch be a percentage shot that could hurt the opponent based on various factors. If you land it on Hagler, you have a 10% chance of hurting him if you are a decent puncher, and that's if he was leaning into the shot. If you land it on a guy like Thomas Hearns, you have a much much better chance, maybe like 50% of the time. This bullshit where you are guaranteed to stun your opponent if you land is ridiculous. There is no such punch in the real game, so why here? If you are a pitty pat puncher, you can have Hagler on the verge of a KD with one stun punch. Lame. I called the stun punch the "dragon fire punch" when I was playing guys. Hated it... If they incorporate the same way again, I'll throw it in the trash. Also, get the fighter attributes right. Jake Lamotta a devastating puncher? C'mon. He wasn't a puncher... He was a relentless cardio machine, but his power wasn't all that. Then you have Robinson and Patterson, two of the quickest and athletic guys in history, turned into slow robotic power punchers. So essentially what you are getting is fighter models that are only an exterior facade of the real guys. They need a boxing expert to override all of this, so that they don't make such horrible blunders next time. By the way, I could keep going all day about how this game lacked, but these are my major complaints.

I just hated how they changed the replay. FN1 showd the seconds leading up to knock down, and I loved watching my fighter lead in with a combination and catch someone sweet. You got a feel for what happened and it was satisfying

FN2 and FN3 it was all about zooming in on the face with a slow motion Rocky-shot. It didn't matter if you landed a haymaker or tapped them with a jab, you always got the dramatic "keeeeerrrrpooooow!" replay.

That got old, realy fast. I'd have been happy with FN1, but with the ability to move and punch like the later games, to be honest!

I just hated how they changed the replay. FN1 showd the seconds leading up to knock down, and I loved watching my fighter lead in with a combination and catch someone sweet. You got a feel for what happened and it was satisfying

FN2 and FN3 it was all about zooming in on the face with a slow motion Rocky-shot. It didn't matter if you landed a haymaker or tapped them with a jab, you always got the dramatic "keeeeerrrrpooooow!" replay.

That got old, realy fast. I'd have been happy with FN1, but with the ability to move and punch like the later games, to be honest!

I never played FN1 only 2 and 3 but that is what frustrated me about the replays. Sometimes the combos leading up to a knockout were better than the knockout itself but you never got to see them.

they need to sort out the career mode to involve mangers contracts with video interaction... kind of sucked playing fn3 with ali against roy jones and owning him then being KO'd with 1 uppercut in rd 3..sigh

Chris Eubank and Nigel Benn must be in the new Prize fighter game as well.

don-king-presents-prizefighter-20080414032023246_640w.jpg

Are they just using Winky Wright for all of the motion capture. It looks like he is trying to imitate Tyson. The video graphic supports my claim as the model looks like Tyson.

Are they just using Winky Wright for all of the motion capture. It looks like he is trying to imitate Tyson. The video graphic supports my claim as the model looks like Tyson.

I think they were just using Tyson to show off an early in-game model.

I hope Winky isn't doing all of the motion capture, though.

There is no way they can motion capture every single fighter (alive and not retired). It would cost too much. I believe they only used a few boxers for the last three games. And those guys are second, third tier fighters. I rather have Winky Wright (a respectable boxer) imitate fighters than some second rate guy.

I see Winky is doing some of the bob & weave like Tyson, but he didn't get the defense down. I want to see the peek-a-boo style.

Lewis shows up for paycheck So does Winky. Winky has been idle for a while and LL has nothing better to do.

Well if there gonna put the tyson in from like 2005 - there really aint much point - whos gonna pick him?

id pick tyson circa 88 everytime

any1 remember ceasars world of boxing for the philips cdi? to date the best boxing game ever!

Well if there gonna put the tyson in from like 2005 - there really aint much point - whos gonna pick him?

id pick tyson circa 88 everytime

Well everyone would want to play as prime tyson over the more recent tyson, however he still wouldnt be that bad in the game. After all tyson's loss of heart and interest in boxing is what made his performances shit way more-so then his physical condition. If you were playing as him in the game you'd bee playing because you want to fight, not to pick up a pay day.

They need to fill their roster with way more fighter this time around. I think in 3 they had Chico in three different divisions, and feather weight simply consisted of Barrera, Morales, JMM, and Paquiao, and I think Smoke Gainer made an appearance, why?

I am hoping we get Margarito, Cotto, Clottey, Contron, Vazquez, Marquez, Jaun Diaz, Miranda, Pavlik, and Joe C.

I hate Gainer too... I knew he had a title in Round 2, but damn he is horrible. I remember his fight with JMM. Fucking embarrassment.

Posted by lugubriousduck "They need to work on the footwork. I would really like to utilize a quick stick/move strategy or quickly flurry system. Maybe introduce some kind of quick spurt/rush movement that is multidimensional. Activate by a single button and directed using the directional stick. But of course it should drain your energy level depending how much you use it and it should leave you open to get hit by stronger counters."

You can do that already if you have the skill!

Everything else aside a game needs a solid single player mode, you cant just rely on multiplayer in most cases.

And the truth was that after spending waaaayyy to much fucking time on round 1 and 2 the hard setting was like the easy setting in most games. Fix that and you fix 50% of the problems, from there its just finetuning (albeit everything said in this thread is true)

Back