Fight Night Round 4 Announced...Tyson is in.

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by Emporio Alnino, May 8, 2008.

1. Emporio Alnino

Emporio Alnino 1152

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 7, 2008--Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq:ERTS) announced today that EA SPORTS(TM)Fight Night Round 4 is in development at EA Canada in Vancouver under the EA SPORTS brand. EA SPORTS Fight Night is back with the most realistic "in the ring" experience to date, featuring some of the greatest boxers in history fighting in their prime.

"The EA SPORTS Fight Night franchise has always been synonymous with quality and innovation that raised the bar for the sports videogame genre", said Kevin Wilkinson, Executive Producer, EA SPORTS. "EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 was a platform defining game as the industry transitioned to next generation consoles. EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will change how boxing games are played and measured in the future."

Featuring a re-written gameplay engine, EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will add a variety of fighting styles and boxer differentiation to authentically emulate the greatest fighters of all time. Pressure your opponent with the brawling inside style of young Mike Tyson, bobbing and weaving to set up powerful hooks and uppercuts. Capitalize on Muhammad Ali's reach, hand speed and fleetness of foot to bewilder your opponent with lightning fast jabs and straights from the outside. For the first time in history, EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 gives you the opportunity to pit these legendary heavyweights against one another and name a true champ.

No fight will be the same with an all-new physics-based animation system that recreates the full spectrum of true-to-life punch impacts, giving boxers a devastating arsenal of punches, blocks and ring movement. The new physics system allows for missed punches, glancing punches, knockout blows and for the first time ever, rough and tumble inside fighting. Fatigue, adrenaline, footwork and timing all come into play as you hammer away at your opponents.

EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 will be available for the Xbox 360(TM) system and the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system and ships to retailers in 2009. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS(TM) is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world, with top-selling titles and franchises including Madden NFL Football, FIFA Soccer, NHL(R) hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA(R) Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR(R) and NASCAR(R) racing.

2. BobbyBrez

BobbyBrez Brown Belt

That. Is. Great. Fucking. News.

I just hope the fights don't get generic and redundant like in FNR3, but I'll obviously waste $60 to find out.

3. AstrelONE

AstrelONE Purple Belt

YES. i can't wait to do this to online opponents. i'll hold and hit so much till they press start and throw in the towel.

4. lugubriousduck

lugubriousduck Banned Banned

They need to work on the footwork. I would really like to utilize a quick stick/move strategy or quickly flurry system. Maybe introduce some kind of quick spurt/rush movement that is multidimensional. Activate by a single button and directed using the directional stick. But of course it should drain your energy level depending how much you use it and it should leave you open to get hit by stronger counters.

5. AstrelONE

AstrelONE Purple Belt

yes, being able to utilize angles would be amazing. victorious boxers (amazing series) 3-d movement should be utilized this time around.

6. BrooklynBomber

BrooklynBomber The Champ is Here

I wonder if there's a mode where you aren't crack addicted or fatally flawed thus guaranteeing a win over Tyson.

7. bradlee180

bradlee180 Banned Banned

...or a desire-meter, kind of luck-of-the-draw stuff for each new fight, for fighters that run hot-and-cold like Buster Douglas or Michael Moorer or Jack Sharkey.

Look like a million bucks one fight and look like a third-rater the next.

...or maybe even a fat-meter for particular guys who are known to pack on the flab between fights and show up fat for fights at times.

8. Emporio Alnino

Emporio Alnino 1152

9. SUGARSHANERULEZ

SUGARSHANERULEZ Brown Belt

I will get this game, and I will destroy all comers, same as with all previous fight nights.

10. Dogmeat

Dogmeat Blue Belt

If they don't make Tyson monsterously overpowered, the fanboys are going to be bitching

11. Dogmeat

Dogmeat Blue Belt

Apparently if you play as Bernard Hopkins, you can claim the controller came loose and get an extra couple of minutes to catch your breath

(shamelessly cross-posted from otehr boxing game thread)

12. Coster

Coster Blue Belt

Can't wait for this, one of the only games I play. It's about time.

13. Pro Killer

Pro Killer Black Belt

Ill buy both this and prizefighter I think, I hope prizefighter has the total punch control too though and EA havent patoted(sp?) it!

I wonder if you can use Marciano's reach advantage and any mention of Flash KOs?

Come on Julian Jackson on FN Rnd 4 plz!

14. Kühle Hand Luke

Kühle Hand Luke Mr. Cool Hand Luke Ice

nice, but hope the game doesnt get too complicated

no chance super macho man and piston honda make their fight night debuts?

15. ValeTudoShogun

ValeTudoShogun Blue Belt

Sounds pretty dope, I still regularly play FNR3.

16. ScotiaMMA

ScotiaMMA Purple Belt

It said prime

Is it only available for ps3 and xbox360?

wat about ps2?

17. Centaur

Centaur Black Belt

2009? Damn! Glad it's still coming out though.

For those talking about angles and flash KO's; they're both already in FN3. If you fo the full 360* + on the punch, you can put a guy straight down. Not just the stun when it goes to 1st person, or when you drop all the guys health w/ 1 punch.

I've only done it 2x, and the guy got up, but still, pretty cool to just drop a motherfucker in the first round w/ one punch.

Link to actual article:
    The Champ Is Back! EA Announces EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 4 - FOXBusiness.com

18. KORUPT xLOxx

KORUPT xLOxx Blue Belt

I'm not sure which Fight Night it was maybe round 2 or 3 but they made Marciano and Jake L. almost unbeatable which sucked. Hopefully in this one that won't be the case and they will have fighters like Monzon, Mosley, Pernell, Armstrong, Gans, Jack Johnson. That would be awesome!!! Either way I'll get the game and enjoy it more then likely

19. BrooklynBomber

BrooklynBomber The Champ is Here

That is how you beat a prime Tyson.

20. Wigglyman

Wigglyman Brown Belt

Yeh just get a feeling their going to make Tyson have insane power, making him near unbeatable!!