Fight Night Round 4 Announced...Tyson is in.

Anyone play that Mike Tyson Boxing game on the PS2?

I hope they make it difficult, I find the hardest difficulty fairly easy.

WAR IRON MIKE though lol.

I hope they make it difficult, I find the hardest difficulty fairly easy.

WAR IRON MIKE though lol.

overall FN3 was a great game but there were many flaws... the MAIN thing that i was pissed off about was the difficulty settings... me and my brother play on the hardest setting as a middleweight and easily beat any HW, we even go as low as lightweight and beat up ali with guys like morales and corales.... it's really a shame that they didn't include much harder difficulties ie. tekken... there should be at least 5 difficulty settings ranging from "very easy - easy - novice - hard - very hard" and very hard should be virtually impossible to beat.

the other thing was the career mode, it was cool the first time you play it but i've beaten career mode with tons of different guys as well as created characters and the story line never changes. also the only thing that made an opponent a "rival" is that they used cheap moves like low blows and head butts. also the "fight as the weigh in" thing is super retarded. first of all you're wearing gloves to a weight in, how does that make sense? and second of all you can't even fight back all you can do is block/parry. very lame.

as far as in game stuff the parry system was pretty lame. parrying is real but they overdo it making the guy sit there frozen if he gets parried. also i've played 100s of matches and there is no randomness in the fights. very very rarely you'll have a real flash knockdown but there is virtually no one punch ko's. the replays of a knockdown are pretty cool but they overdo the slow mo part of it. there should also be a setting in the options to cut out all the in between rounds stuff (cutman, ring girl, etc) so if you just want to play you don't have to keep skipping all those screens.

hopefully FN4 fixes/changes a lot of these flaws and many more that i didn't list... even with all those negative things FNR3 was still a great game and worth the money but i hope they improve upon it.

They should have a Oliver McCall feature, where if you start losing really bad you can hit a button and start crying in the ring.

They need Wald, Calzaghe, Floyd, Cotto, and maybe some retired boxers like Sweet Pea. It would be sweet if they had some old schoolers like Dempsey and Jack Johnson.

With Tyson in the game maybe they should do an ear bite feature once he starts getting frustrated.

overall FN3 was a great game but there were many flaws... the MAIN thing that i was pissed off about was the difficulty settings... me and my brother play on the hardest setting as a middleweight and easily beat any HW, we even go as low as lightweight and beat up ali with guys like morales and corales.... it's really a shame that they didn't include much harder difficulties ie. tekken... there should be at least 5 difficulty settings ranging from "very easy - easy - novice - hard - very hard" and very hard should be virtually impossible to beat.

the other thing was the career mode, it was cool the first time you play it but i've beaten career mode with tons of different guys as well as created characters and the story line never changes. also the only thing that made an opponent a "rival" is that they used cheap moves like low blows and head butts. also the "fight as the weigh in" thing is super retarded. first of all you're wearing gloves to a weight in, how does that make sense? and second of all you can't even fight back all you can do is block/parry. very lame.

as far as in game stuff the parry system was pretty lame. parrying is real but they overdo it making the guy sit there frozen if he gets parried. also i've played 100s of matches and there is no randomness in the fights. very very rarely you'll have a real flash knockdown but there is virtually no one punch ko's. the replays of a knockdown are pretty cool but they overdo the slow mo part of it. there should also be a setting in the options to cut out all the in between rounds stuff (cutman, ring girl, etc) so if you just want to play you don't have to keep skipping all those screens.

hopefully FN4 fixes/changes a lot of these flaws and many more that i didn't list... even with all those negative things FNR3 was still a great game and worth the money but i hope they improve upon it.

Wow, my thoughts exactly.

You know else I'd like to see fixed? The gear. i have to go through over a 100 pair of shorts trying to find a +20 stamina. It takes for fucking ever. They should be grouped by price or something. I can't unlock Winky's either, even though I've played career mode at least 2x with each weight class.

And , this was already mentioned, hard is way to easy. Shitkicking Frasier with Morales or even Hatton is kinda weak.

Wow, my thoughts exactly.

You know else I'd like to see fixed? The gear. i have to go through over a 100 pair of shorts trying to find a +20 stamina. It takes for fucking ever. They should be grouped by price or something. I can't unlock Winky's either, even though I've played career mode at least 2x with each weight class.

And , this was already mentioned, hard is way to easy. Shitkicking Frasier with Morales or even Hatton is kinda weak.

another bad thing about the gear is that they're all the same basic template. all the same length, etc. i tried making a tyson and he just looked weird with those baggy shorts...tyson wears booty shorts dammit! where are my booty shorts!? hell, even FN2 had those little fringy strands that come off the sides.

and for some reason, every single fighter acts like some asshole in a rap video. it's hilarious seeing marciano taunt a downed opponent showing no respect as well as coming into the ring dancing like you'd expect cory spinks would.

^^^

Heh, ya.

All the bitching aside, though, I still love that game. The punch control is fucking wicked. I hope the UFC game is just as good.

Back