Female teacher fights male student

Jesus Christ. The kid swung on the teacher first, but I think the stomp on her head was a bit excessive.

Maybe teachers should carry tasers

After watching these videos I'm actually a little embarrassed to be a product of the us public education system. Society seems to pendulum from one extreme (longing for a return to corporal punishment in education) to the other extreme (student /staff assaults being fairly commonplace).
As a parent I would instantly lose my shit if a teacher had ever put their hands on my son , and I would have been incredibly ashamed if my child had EVER acted like that towards a teacher. I rarely agree with conservatives, and despise 'talking points' buuuut this to my uninformed eye seems to be the end result of the breakdown of the traditional family unit.

I grew up in the 80's and students very rarely ever fought with the staff, especially the female teachers. Different times now thanks to the Lefties empowering these kids.

I'm no American but I think dumb Americans blaming anything they don't like on the Lefties or Righties or Liberals or Trumpers etc is what's wrong with the country.

Maybe, just maybe, it's because some of those kids who grew up in the 80's became shitty parents and horrible role models and it's got nothing to do with politics?

The more I hear about every aspect of public schools the more private schools seem like the better option to adequately educate my own kid/s whenever they're old enough.

1. Schools being war zones is an imprecise measure. The amount of violence in schools isn't static. It fluctuates.
2. Here's an idea we could try on for starters: any student who fights a teacher is expelled and loses their right to a public education. I'd say the same should go for serious violent crimes against other students as well, but there would need to be a way to filter out common school yard tussles.

How is #2 not a thing already?

Shouldn't assaulting a teacher and/or another student warrant immediate expulsion?

Back