Female Fighter Saeideh Aletaha Dies After Brain Injury in Fight

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Amateur mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Saeideh Aletaha has died following a brain injury during a match.

The 26-year-old was competing at a Fast and Furious Fight Series (FFS) event in Southampton, England on Saturday night. However, she collapsed in the ring during the event and was taken to Southampton General Hospital in critical condition. Unfortunately, she died the following day.

“All competitors get in prepared that they may be injured and this is something not expected to happen 99.9% of the time,” an FFS statement read. “But, it can and in this we make the environment as safe as possible with pre and post medicals from a Doctor, and full medical cover through out with Doctor, Paramedic and Ambulance on site alongside our experienced team of staff with numerous first aiders, safety is not something ever skimped on in any of our 19 shows and all matches are made equal.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/amateur-mma-fighter-saeideh-aletaha-dies-following-brain-injury/

NY POST:

An amateur female kickboxer has been left with critical injuries she “will not recover from” after a match. Sai Aletaha, 26, suffered an injury during a K-1 contest at the Central Hall in England on Saturday night.

She has been left in a critical state “that she tragically has not recovered from,” said the event organizer, Fast & Furious Fight Series.

“Following the show Saturday we regret to announce that following one of our matches, one of the competitors, Sai Aletaha from Lookborai who lost, unfortunately suffered an injury leaving her in a critical state that she tragically has not recovered from,” a statement posted to their Facebook page read.

. . .

Exile Gym paid tribute to Saeideh — a product design engineer who also trained in karate — on their Facebook page.

“Saeideh Aletaha was a lovely character with a beautiful soul. Her dedication to the sport was 110% traveling miles every day just to train,” the post read. “She found her place with us just a few months ago but has become apart of the family and will be sorely missed.

“This news comes as a devastating blow to us all at the gym and the whole community. Our thoughts and [prayers] go out to her family. If there is any questions or if anyone feels they need support at this time please please do contact us.”

https://nypost.com/2019/11/18/amate...wont-recover-from-injuries-suffered-in-fight/

That's really sad. Wonder if it was a freak thing or was the ref not doing his job etc. RIP

RIP :(

You look at the pics above and it seems hard to imagine happening.

Even though we seem to have had a lot of these kind of threads lately... maybe partly because this one is just down the road from me...

Saeideh-Aletaha.jpg

Saeideh Aletaha, 26, was an amateur mixed martial arts fighter.(Facebook)

An amateur mixed martial arts fighter died after suffering a brain injury during a match in Britain on Saturday and police said they were investigating.

Saeideh Aletaha, 26, was injured during a fight at a Fast and Furious Fight Series match in Southhampton and was taken to the hospital shortly after, police said. She died Sunday, according to BBC.

The company released a statement Monday on Aletaha’s death.

“All competitors get in prepared that they may be injured and this is something not expected to happen 99.9% of the time,” the statement said. “But, it can and in this we make the environment as safe as possible with pre and post medicals from a Doctor, and full medical cover [throughout] with Doctor, Paramedic and Ambulance on site alongside our experienced team of staff with numerous first aiders, safety is not something ever skimped on in any of our 19 shows and all matches are made equal.

“Thoughts of course go out to all family, friends and team mates, if anyone needs any support please come to us or your coaches.

“Thank you to our team on the night who acted with utmost professionalism and carried their duties out above and beyond to react to the situation, and again we are here for any of you that needs it in this sad time.”

Exile Gym, where Aletaha trained, posted a tribute to her.

“Saeideh Aletaha was a lovely character with a beautiful soul. Her dedication to the sport was 110% travelling miles every day just to train,” the gym wrote. “She found her place with us just a few months ago but has become apart [sic] of the family and will be sorely missed.”

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/mma-fighter-dies-brain-injury-match

Sad news, a family has lost a loved one. Also a bad look for the sport unfortunately, and may lead to increased scrutiny of MMA and especially WMMA.

RIP.

Amateur MMA seems to have a lot more deaths than the pro stuff... I'm throwing Dada5000 vs Kimbo and old man fights on to that mix too.

It's an unfortunate fact that people die doing sports, but its a part of it... I'm also guessing that she probably didn't go through the same stringent tests that professionals have to, especially in higher level promotions with more to lose. Also more people die or get seriously injured doing just about any other contact sport on earth including cheerleading, football (soccer), and surfing... It is bound to happen here and there.

RIP Saeideh Aletaha

Last edited:
RIP, they must have some next level WMMA across the pond.

"Her dedication to the sport was 110%"

no kidding huh

View attachment 680017

Saeideh Aletaha, 26, was an amateur mixed martial arts fighter.(Facebook)

An amateur mixed martial arts fighter died after suffering a brain injury during a match in Britain on Saturday and police said they were investigating.

Saeideh Aletaha, 26, was injured during a fight at a Fast and Furious Fight Series match in Southhampton and was taken to the hospital shortly after, police said. She died Sunday, according to BBC.

The company released a statement Monday on Aletaha’s death.

“All competitors get in prepared that they may be injured and this is something not expected to happen 99.9% of the time,” the statement said. “But, it can and in this we make the environment as safe as possible with pre and post medicals from a Doctor, and full medical cover [throughout] with Doctor, Paramedic and Ambulance on site alongside our experienced team of staff with numerous first aiders, safety is not something ever skimped on in any of our 19 shows and all matches are made equal.

“Thoughts of course go out to all family, friends and team mates, if anyone needs any support please come to us or your coaches.

“Thank you to our team on the night who acted with utmost professionalism and carried their duties out above and beyond to react to the situation, and again we are here for any of you that needs it in this sad time.”

Exile Gym, where Aletaha trained, posted a tribute to her.

“Saeideh Aletaha was a lovely character with a beautiful soul. Her dedication to the sport was 110% travelling miles every day just to train,” the gym wrote. “She found her place with us just a few months ago but has become apart [sic] of the family and will be sorely missed.”

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/sports/mma-fighter-dies-brain-injury-match

Sad news, a family has lost a loved one. Also a bad look for the sport unfortunately, and may lead to increased scrutiny of MMA and especially WMMA

RIP.

More scurtiny??

There's more children who die from football and rugby injuires..then MMA pro or other wise...

I do however agree that amatuer events do pose more of threat then pro ones..

I am personally in the middle of decided to go for an Amatuer MMA fight or go right into pro competition..my reason being is something similar to this type of situation...i doubt amateur events have the money to properly access each fighter before combat or regulate as hard as pro shows do..also the rules arent much different between amatuer and pro and your likely not getting paid for amatuer fight..so why risk the potential damage/i jury/and the rare chance of death for no money ..

Edit : R.I.P gone too soon..went out doing what you loved i respect that and you!

Last edited:
RIP, it is an awful news for all MMA fans.

We should always respect the fighters guys ! we can make fun of them sometimes for fun, but it is important to keep in mind that they risk their lives in the cage.

I used to train at her gym, but that was before she was there. Just a reminder that this kind of thing is never as far away or impossible as we'd like to believe.

Back