Dark Side of Fighting : Amateur Fighter gets severe brain damage

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. This is the unfortunate nature of the sport we love…but the great risks and danger is what compels us to participate in it in the first place (either from a fan or competitive standpoint).

Extremely sad.

I'm assuming this was one of the fights. Looks completely unremarkable:

Nodding and calling it on when its a 70% and fully padded is a bit....stupid lol. Is this the kid that ended up in the Hospital?

Yo, it's a real sad ting hearing 'bout this yute. Dude was on his PhD hustle, tryna make big moves, but got taken out just before he could reach the top. Fighting's a dangerous game, no matter the level, ahlie?

Man's gonna keep him in my dome today, and I'll dash one out for the big dog Lei Zhenhuan 🍻

Praying them UFC streams up in God's crib stay smooth, not bugging out like they do in the 6ix. #JustBangGod bless up fams 😢 ✊👊 😇 💜
..... Do what now?

These damn amateur fights need to be put on with knowledge of both the fighters skill level and a ref should jump in immediately if it's one sided.

Nodding and calling it on when its a 70% and fully padded is a bit....stupid lol. Is this the kid that ended up in the Hospital?
Yes. It appears he had 3 matches that day. He won that one and lost two others.

Nah they smacked me around constantly lol.
I used to like to play chess, back when I could think without my brain going totally off the rails.

Now it's like I'm thinking 3 moves ahead, oh hell wife needed this and work wants that and school the other, SQUIRRELL, and the weed comes out to quiet things :D

What the hell was he thinking? A PhD student, but he decided to throw it all away by fighting on the side as a hobby. He fought three times that night too.

look... if you arent ready to die or get serious health repercussions, just dont do combat sports.

More people have collapsed from playing chess over extremely long days compared to fighters getting knocked out
Not to mention the mental stress of playing chess

I'd rather face Ngannou in a fight than vs any grandmaster in chess
I am too stupid to feel when a chess player is overloading my mental state, so I'd rather take that.

THIRD BOUT in the SAME DAY

<WellThere>
And this is not "ufc discussion"
<WhatItIs>
Well based on the video shared by @EndlessCritic , it looks like each bout was like 2 minutes long? Plus they're wearing headgear.

Nothing about the video would make you think one of these guys is about to suffer irreversible brain damage.

More people have collapsed from playing chess over extremely long days compared to fighters getting knocked out
Not to mention the mental stress of playing chess

I'd rather face Ngannou in a fight than vs any grandmaster in chess
It would be fun to kick the living shit out of a chess grandmaster, then yell “Checkmate Bitch!”

It would change the game forever. For the better, methinks.

Its been scientifically proven that mixed martial arts is one of the most dangerous sports in the world, along with motor cross racing, American football, chess and bull riding
I'm glad you mentioned the most dangerous sport of all.

There are so many dangers in chess: fights, stabbings, shootings, killings, muggings, threats, robbery, assault, molestation, car wrecks, train wrecks, plane wrecks, ax attacks, drugs, illegal gambling, addiction, theft, identity theft, threats of arrest and imprisonment, etc.

https://www.chessmaniac.com/the-dangers-of-chess/

Back