Female Fighter Saeideh Aletaha Dies After Brain Injury in Fight

From Google images it appears she fights with a hat on.

I suppose if you're a Muslim lady who covers her hair with the hijab, you're going to insist on some sort of head covering even in the cage.

RIP.

She had balls way bigger than most Martial Arts "Masters" out there.

Is kickboxing more dangerous than MMA?

how more fighters don't die is beyond me. shin bones to the skull from trained fighters is no joke. how a body is conditioned to take that i'll never understand.

Is there any footage of the fight? Or at least does anyone know exactly what happened during the fight?

More scurtiny??

There's more children who die from football and rugby injuires..then MMA pro or other wise...

I do however agree that amatuer events do pose more of threat then pro ones..

I am personally in the middle of decided to go for an Amatuer MMA fight or go right into pro competition..my reason being is something similar to this type of situation...i doubt amateur events have the money to properly access each fighter before combat or regulate as hard as pro shows do..also the rules arent much different between amatuer and pro and your likely not getting paid for amatuer fight..so why risk the potential damage/i jury/and the rare chance of death for no money ..

Edit : R.I.P gone too soon..went out doing what you loved i respect that and you!

promoters who do amateur shows are just out to take advantage of fighters in my opinion. Lets put on a show, make people pay to watch, and not have to pay the fighters.

promoters who do amateur shows are just out to take advantage of fighters in my opinion. Lets put on a show, make people pay to watch, and not have to pay the fighters.

Too some degree i agree..there are guys who are out there who care about growing the sport but they are really rare..

Im torn between amateur and the pros. Simply because the province i live in is kinda strict for licensing (ontario) so sometimes they kind of force you to do amatuer first but im not sure its worth the risk when i could potentially fight pro in Montreal for money...

Just saw this on the front page and I'm probably late to say it but RIP

Back