Fedor

do you remember how well Cormier dispatched Bigfoot?

fedor just stood and traded and got taken down. Cormier kept his distance and times his shots.

if he demonstrated any sort of gameplan and patience as he did in his last three fights, it could've been a different story.

I believe it had more to do with apathy and disinterest than being past his prime.

You are right, but he was also past his prime and trained less, making his mistakes way harder to correct in a fight.

But yeah. He should have won all 3 fights, with a gameplan. But he abandoned all patience.

Or because he's the most dominant heavyweight fighter of all time. In a weight class absolutely fraught with short title reigns, Fedor stomped ass for almost 10 years, without elite training partners, cutting weight, or winning an iffy decision. You can call his resume full of cans, but there was absolutely nobody else for the guy to beat. What happened when he left Pride? He KTFO the two most dominant UFC HWs at that time.

Nobody else? Barnett, Couture, Mir, Sergie, Werdum, Overeem just to name a few...

Nobody else? Barnett, Couture, Mir, Sergie, Werdum, Overeem just to name a few...

Barnett and Couture weren't his fault (Barnett declined the fight in 2006, but fought Minotauro on the same card. Couture was sued by the UFC and was prevented to fight him in Affliction). Fedor was ready. And would have fought Sylvia, Arlovski, Barnett and Couture in Affliction if it was only up to him. So stop mentionin these guys because I want to bite off your head when I read this. It would have been great, but Barnett ducked him 2x and Couture was stopped by the UFC....:mad:

Mir was allways in the UFC.

He didn't fight Sergei because the Japanese fans voted for him to fight Ogawa instead.

Overeem hasn't beaten anyone good at HW since beating Sergei, but Fedor wanted to fight him after he proved himself vs Rogers.

He fought Werdum and then entered the Strikeforce GP with a bunch of monsters, but didn't advance.

There are many things that make fights happen.

Fedor always said that he wants to fight the strongest fighters, but also said that he will fight anyone Pride will want him to fight nd what was possible with contracts.

But why am I explaining this to you? You won't get it anyway.

Well it's to inform others.

1. Big Nog in his prime = better BJJ than Werdum

sbm-hold-back.gif

2. I'll give you Bigfoot, but Fedor seemed old, or BF made him look old
3. Kevin Randleman = smaller than Fedor, very good clinch game, great hand speed, great chin, brutal right hand and tons of experience.

Prime HW Randleman beats Hendo.

Bigfoot and Hendo were on TRT. Werdum is Fedor one true, legitimate loss

3. Kevin Randleman = smaller than Fedor, very good clinch game, great hand speed, great chin, brutal right hand and tons of experience.

Just look at their credentials ans you'll see Werdum is way ahead of Nog.
Comparing Randleman to Hendo is hilarious. Randleman was already on his losing streak when he faced Fedor.

Just look at their credentials ans you'll see Werdum is way ahead of Nog.
Comparing Randleman to Hendo is hilarious. Randleman was already on his losing streak when he faced Fedor.

Randleman just KTFO CC when he faced Fedor.

Losing to Fedor made many fighters understand their inferiority and spiral downwards.

Credentials. That is very good, but when I mention credentials they don't matter, because they are not in MMA.

Mir submitted Traven in MMA.

GSP outwrestled more decorated wrestlers in MMA.

Fedor submitted a superior judoka in MMA.

Credentials are great, but they don't tell the whole story. Look at their fights. Try and see the difference in Minotauro's ground game during the years.

He used to be like a cat FFS, very active, with unlimited stamina and GOAT chin.

And he was waaaay faster than Hendo. Randleman was the most explosive MMA fighter ever.

Ever. Period. Point. Blank. The guy was the definition of explosive in his absolute prime.

Imagine is he was around during the more technical era of MMA (right now), and never got that disgusting staph infection.

Bigfoot I'd say is the only "new" threat Fedor faced - well rounded, quite skilled huge guy. Hong Man Choi can't really be compared to Bigfoot... Werdum's BJJ is probably the best Fedor has ever faced and Fedor made a huge mistake and sometimes one mistake is all it takes to lose a fight. Fedor also faced several smaller fighters with a lot of power and speed so Hendo wasn't really new. Fedor has been "losing" many fights up until he won. He was getting beat up badly by Arlovski until he landed the punch that almost killed Arlovski. Sooner or later, your luck is going to run out and you'll make a mistake or get caught and that's what happened to Fedor. Still think he's more skilled than the three guys he's lost to.

Fedor's loss to Hendo was weird and I wouldn't pick Henderson to win it again. The bigfoot loss was doctor stoppage, and while Fedor was getting beat up in the second round he was still game at the end of it, and even got to his corner before Bigfoot who I don't doubt was gassing. Would have liked to see a final round since Fedor probably won the first, and lost the second.

The Werdum loss is the only one I consider particularly legit and I think it was just a tactical mistake.

To his defense in all three fights he seemed pretty careless and it's not like he lost to nobodies.

Werdum: Is currently the UFC HW champion and defeated Cain with ease.

BigFoot: He's still around. Given big fights in the UFC. Unfortunately his lack of TRT has made him look like crap.

Dan Henderson: Still around and in the UFC.

Fedor's loss to Hendo was weird and I wouldn't pick Henderson to win it again. The bigfoot loss was doctor stoppage, and while Fedor was getting beat up in the second round he was still game at the end of it, and even got to his corner before Bigfoot who I don't doubt was gassing. Would have liked to see a final round since Fedor probably won the first, and lost the second.

The Werdum loss is the only one I consider particularly legit and I think it was just a tactical mistake.

Fedor was breathing harder than Bigfoot in the corner so please just stop with the "Bigfoot was gassing" thing that we all know just come from Fedor fans that can't accept what happened. At least we don't see opposing people say that Fedor was gassed just because he was breathing a bit. The reason he got up after Fedor was because Fedor was on his leg, so he went to get up, was obstructed and laid down again until Fedor got up. It's just weird that this is still being discussed.

I'm also not a fan of fans that don't care about the fighters' health and rather want them to "just bleed". Fedor couldn't see out of one eye, which is both a dangerous situation to fight with and there was risk of him having a fracture as he was swollen up pretty badly. That's why there was a doctor's stoppage, just in line with the rules.

Fedor took one of the worst beatings i

Bahahahhahaha at nog having better BJJ than doom

Hahahahahha

Back