Fedor

Probably been posted already but Hendo and BF were on that trt sauce lol

... Big Nog isn't even in the same category BJJ wise as Werdum... it seriously is not even close... I will say Big Nog was better than Werdum when Big nog was in his prime at MMA... but Werdum now is much better than Nog ever was.

I am ignoring 2 as not much to say he was old or looked old, but he didn't look old against Hendo at all before getting tagged.

3. Randleman should never be compared to Hendo... the man never had a good chin... he got knocked out multiple times before that fight... he got tapped all the time.. seriously what the hell comparison are you making.

Those that say Big Nog was better at BJJ are exaggerating, and those that say he's "not even close" are also exaggerating.

They're very close in ability, with a slight edge to Werdum.

Werdum's subs are quicker, but Big Nogs sweeps were much better. Werdum seems to never get off his back, whereas Big Nog rolled Randy and Timmy off him like it was nothing.

1. Big Nog in his prime = better BJJ than Werdum
2. I'll give you Bigfoot, but Fedor seemed old, or BF made him look old
3. Kevin Randleman = smaller than Fedor, very good clinch game, great hand speed, great chin, brutal right hand and tons of experience.

Big Nog, in his prime, was *no where near* as good as Werdum in BJJ.

I'm a HUGE Big Nog fan, but stop the silliness.

That's not "something in common" that is three different things. If the common denominator your are referencing is simply that they all brought something new that Fedor had never experienced in fighting before, then the same could be said of every fighter he ever fought. Every fighter brings some strengths and differences that are only something that fighter does.

If there is one common denominator, it might be that all the fights occurred in America. Might it be that the the long trip and jet lag played a role?

A common denominator might be that all the losses occurred late in his career....might he be past his prime?

etc.

Probably been posted already but Hendo and BF were on that trt sauce lol

So

Guys on TRT lost fights too

Hendo was KOing people with that right hand before he was on TRT and he destroyed Fedor with it. Get over it

Not sure OP has watched much MMA throughout history with the bullshit he's saying. I mean, suggesting Bigfoot was some kind of challenge Fedor never faced before. Trolllolololol.

So

Guys on TRT lost fights too

Hendo was KOing people with that right hand before he was on TRT and he destroyed Fedor with it. Get over it

Before he ever got caught on TRT you mean.

Weidman's ground game is better than Coleman's, a lot better. Coleman was a monster, but his Jitz game isn't in the same league as Weidmans. Fedor's sambo is legendary so it would be a good match-up but I think Weidman has no troubletaking Fedor down, I doubt he would keep him there long but he would for sure get a few takedowns.

He could, but he wouldn't be able to control him.

You are forgetting that Fedor would take him down too, if he decided to do so.

Fedor's TDs were sick.

63088a5d431f16d64ea4b4fcfbc54861.gif

0bd295391889acbbd5016d44bafa346a.gif

2acbb5c8fdcf58303ec9678ecc3d85f4.gif

bb1797932f601a15a0f1658f27da0c20.gif

In before Werdum was green, despite getting gold in ADCC 6 months after this fight happened.

No, big nog is absolutely not on the same level of bjj as Werdum and never was. It's not even close in BJJ between their accomplishments.

Nog has just about the same amount of submission wins in MMA as Werdum has fights.. It isn't that far fetched to say Nog is on that level. It's MMA.. not ADCC..

Werdum is without question more accomplished in BJJ than Nogueira. That's without question. But in MMA, their grappling skills were pretty damn close.

Werdum is a cool cat, but people on this site are riding the train a little too hard.

63088a5d431f16d64ea4b4fcfbc54861.gif

0bd295391889acbbd5016d44bafa346a.gif

2acbb5c8fdcf58303ec9678ecc3d85f4.gif

bb1797932f601a15a0f1658f27da0c20.gif

In before Werdum was green, despite getting gold in ADCC 6 months after this fight happened.

Apparently you can completely change in 6 months, as some Pride fans have often stated that Cro Cop was past his prime in the UFC, where he fought 5 months after his biggest achievement in MMA.

Werdum is without question more accomplished in BJJ than Nogueira. That's without question. But in MMA, their grappling skills were pretty damn close.

Werdum is a cool cat, but people on this site are riding the train a little too hard.

Yup.

I blame Fedor for not being careful, Zombie Nog for not having any mobility on the ground in their second fight and Cain for giving Werdum the neck.

Werdum is awesome, but yeah the hype is a bit crazy.

He earned it though.

Besides he should be the best sub master ever because he started taking BJJ classes after his GF's ex chocked him out with a triangle in front of his GF:)

No wonder Werdum is probably unbeatable on the ground:)

He could, but he wouldn't be able to control him.

You are forgetting that Fedor would take him down too, if he decided to do so.

Fedor's TDs were sick.

Fedor had some very good trips, but I think Weidman is the better grappler. I think Fedor has more strength and is probably more explosive but Weidman has better timing.

Would be a good fight for the fans.

Barnett and Couture weren't his fault (Barnett declined the fight in 2006, but fought Minotauro on the same card. Couture was sued by the UFC and was prevented to fight him in Affliction). Fedor was ready. And would have fought Sylvia, Arlovski, Barnett and Couture in Affliction if it was only up to him. So stop mentionin these guys because I want to bite off your head when I read this. It would have been great, but Barnett ducked him 2x and Couture was stopped by the UFC....:mad:

Mir was allways in the UFC.

He didn't fight Sergei because the Japanese fans voted for him to fight Ogawa instead.

Overeem hasn't beaten anyone good at HW since beating Sergei, but Fedor wanted to fight him after he proved himself vs Rogers.

He fought Werdum and then entered the Strikeforce GP with a bunch of monsters, but didn't advance.

There are many things that make fights happen.

Fedor always said that he wants to fight the strongest fighters, but also said that he will fight anyone Pride will want him to fight nd what was possible with contracts.

But why am I explaining this to you? You won't get it anyway.

Well it's to inform others.

All I said waswas that he didn't fight them. I never said it was his fault. But when people make statements like "he beat everyone out there" I feel it's my duty to keep people honest. There were more top hws that he didn't beat from his era then the ones that he did. Facts.

Also Overeem had beaten Hunt and CC prior to the Rogers fight. Are they no good?

Apparently you can completely change in 6 months, as some Pride fans have often stated that Cro Cop was past his prime in the UFC, where he fought 5 months after his biggest achievement in MMA.

It's much easier to get worse than to get better quickly.

Fedor should not have fought any of those fights. he should have pulled a gsp and taken a break.

Back