Fedor was never in a close fight during his prime; Gus 1,2,3; Santos 1,2,5; Reyes 1,2,3

Love Fedor. But Jones would be in prison for what he would do to the handful of jobbers Fedor was fed in Pride...
Zulu would have sat on him. He would never have landed a single strike on Choi Hong man

Fedor had many close fights. Many. But he ended them in devestation.
Not that many really. The only one that comes to mind in the mark hunt fight,and the close call w fujita and Fedor was able to close both shows in under 8 mins

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend that Fedor getting subs on people who didn't know how to defend an armbar like is taught in modern BJJ beginner classes is as impressive as what Jon has done.

Anyone who thinks jones beats prime Fedor is nuts. Jon himself said hw was far more dangerous....because of power. Fedor has massive power, speed faster than most mw fighters as well as great takedowns, gnp,subs, etc etc. Jones is long and tall...never was an issue for Fedor to find guys chin up above him. As far as arona...u might wanna look at the rumeset for the fight...in mma rules Fedor kills him. Laying on top as arona always did...much like tito...is not winning a fight. I have no respect at all for lay and pray strategies. It's a fight...so fight...

Don't get me wrong, prime Jones could very well beat Fedor. We are talking about different eras. What I'm saying is that when we compare both fighters during their prime we have to admit that Fedor was never in a close fight during his prime. Yeah I know what happened in Arona fight but that was very early in Fedor's career. He went undefeated for a decade during his prime and fans never had to question his wins. Fedor was behind on the scorecards in some of his fights but he left do doubt and finished the guy later.
Jones arguably should have lost to Gustafsson, Santos and Reyes. First two are very arguable I know but he for sure lost to Reyes. When I'm comparing Fedor's and Jones's primes I have to put Fedor ahead because he left no doubts, although Jones could be p4p more skilled fighter because the sport has evolved.

Same thing about GSP (Hendricks and Penn fights)
Aldo (Frankie Edgar 1)

Fedor was a GOAT.... but he feasted on his division. When shit got real he got in trouble. Just like JJ now and GSP. The game catches up.

It's not a knock on any of these guys and only on Sherdog does it matter.

The Randleplex had almost no impact on Fedor at all or even hurt him, he just got flipped on his head and then immediately revered Kevin and subbed him. The Fujita shot rocked him though. But you can say the same about Jones and the Vitor arm bar.
An inch here or there and he could have been taking the rest of his meals through a straw, was all I was saying.

Fedor in his prime struggled to beat Matt Lindland and was almost KO’d by Fujita. He also fought bum fighters like Zulu who had no business in the ring with him. His level of competition is a joke compared to the other goat contenders.

Prime Fedor sends Jones to the hospital with a broken orbital, broken jaw, broken arm, 4 broken ribs, internal bleeding, and severe concussion

He would, but judges would give it to Jones.

An inch here or there and he could have been taking the rest of his meals through a straw, was all I was saying.

But I didn't! So it's completely irrelevant to talk about. The whole sequence lasted like 15 seconds and Fedor tapped him.

Fedor in his prime struggled to beat Matt Lindland and was almost KO’d by Fujita. He also fought bum fighters like Zulu who had no business in the ring with him. His level of competition is a joke compared to the other goat contenders.

But But CC.. The same dude that got his head nearly kicked off in the UFC, when he was supposed to win the belt. The Pride fans love to downplay that one. "Oh he was old and shot" Sell that shit to someone who has not been around.. They all said he would win the belt easily..

Jon Jones nuthuggers love to overrate his accomplishments. List of Jones fights, from winning the title right up until before he got popped for PEDs in the DC fight.
upload_2020-2-13_14-20-56.png
Mauricio Rua - 6'0 LHW that could have easily cut to MW, and had losses to Machida and Forrest Griffin before fighting Jones.
Quinton Jackson - 6'0 MW that was fighting up at LHW, with losses to Forrest Griffin and Wanderlei Silva
Lyoto Machida - 6'0 MW that should've been cutting from the beginning. The fact that he even managed to stun Jones is sad.
Rashad Evans - 5'11-6'0 MW
Vitor Belfort - 6'0 MW that was on the twilight end of his career
Chael Sonnen - 6'0 MW that was on the latter half of his career
Alexander Gustafsson - 6'5 first actual LHW that Jones fought in size that was a championship level fighter, and he was taken to the brink
Glover Teixeira - 6'2 LHW but he was past his prime as he spent 5 years languishing in Brazil due to Visa issues.
Daniel Cormier - 5'11 LHW great win, but Jones style is tailor made to beat DC
OSP - 6'3 LHW A dull affair, where Jon ekes out a decision against an average fighter.

Note that out of all the opponents I listed, there are three that are 6'2 and above? Jones has a history of struggling with longer, lankier guys that nullify his reach advantage. And I haven't even touched on his obvious PED abuse.

Fedor would absolutely demolish Jones. Fedor's biggest weakness is his lack of defensive boxing, which is what Fedor excels at. Look at Jones' fights against Reyes, Santos, Gustafson, OSP, and try to tell me that Fedor wouldn't have fucking demolished each and every single one of those opponents. How would Jones even win against Fedor? A distance fighter is supposed to get in close on one of the more powerful and fast heavyweights of all time, with great takedown defense? Clown shit, especially all those people bringing up Fedor in year 12 versus Jones in year 12. It's a discussion of primes, not a discussion of who lasted the longest.

These threads never get old. lols

Fedor GOAT!

Jon Jones nuthuggers love to overrate his accomplishments. List of Jones fights, from winning the title right up until before he got popped for PEDs in the DC fight.
View attachment 728235
Mauricio Rua - 6'0 LHW that could have easily cut to MW, and had losses to Machida and Forrest Griffin before fighting Jones.
Quinton Jackson - 6'0 MW that was fighting up at LHW, with losses to Forrest Griffin and Wanderlei Silva
Lyoto Machida - 6'0 MW that should've been cutting from the beginning. The fact that he even managed to stun Jones is sad.
Alexander Gustafsson - 6'5 first actual LHW that Jones fought in size that was a championship level fighter, and he was taken to the brink
Glover Teixeira - 6'2 LHW but he was past his prime as he spent 5 years languishing in Brazil due to Visa issues.
OSP - 6'3 LHW A dull affair, where Jon ekes out a decision against an average fighter.

Note that out of all the opponents I listed, there are three that are 6'2 and above? Jones has a history of struggling with longer, lankier guys that nullify his reach advantage. And I haven't even touched on his obvious PED abuse.

Fedor would absolutely demolish Jones. Fedor's biggest weakness is his lack of defensive boxing, which is what Fedor excels at. Look at Jones' fights against Reyes, Santos, Gustafson, OSP, and try to tell me that Fedor wouldn't have fucking demolished each and every single one of those opponents. How would Jones even win against Fedor? A distance fighter is supposed to get in close on one of the more powerful and fast heavyweights of all time, with great takedown defense? Clown shit, especially all those people bringing up Fedor in year 12 versus Jones in year 12. It's a discussion of primes, not a discussion of who lasted the longest.
none of that is credible. it's a joke. why not call fedor, nog and cro cop lhw's since they can make lhw. beating fedor at hw doesn't mean shit because he was a 6'1 lhw. see how easy that is? and how stupid? cro-cop was finished by mw randleman before fedor.

jones at his best has advantages at both distance and clinch with fedor. he is more likely to get top position on the ground, dictate whether the fight goes to the ground, and has great ability to finish fights or inflict damage. fedor is dangerous off his back and has the advantage in boxing range. this is all unquestionably true. they both have ways to win.

Jones fought Chael Sonnen and bunch of other former middleweights that he had big reach advantage over. Let's not talk about competition.
Hahaha you compare jones competition to fedors?
You my friend are fucking hilarious.
valavicius
Fujita
Goodridge
Nagata
Coleman
Randleman
Ogawa
Big nog times 2
Kohsaka
Cro cop
Zuluzinho
Coleman
Hunt
Lindland
Choi hong man

hahahahaga wat a fucking jokers list

But But CC.. The same dude that got his head nearly kicked off in the UFC, when he was supposed to win the belt. The Pride fans love to downplay that one. "Oh he was old and shot" Sell that shit to someone who has not been around.. They all said he would win the belt easily..
Haha pride fan boys .. fucking dumbasses they are

View attachment 728235

Lol at this post.
Fedors weaknesses are bigfoot silva a mw hendo and werdum ...
Haha joker

If he's still fighting, the losses still count
In a technical sense sure. But anyone using a fight from 6 years past a guys prime to say he wasn't any good, is trolling

So many basement dwelling, fat, American losers in this thread hating on the GOAT Fedor.

Insecure chumps living in their moms basement who are afraid to admit their fake steroid "GOAT" Jones is in the prime of his career and has 7 decisions in his last 9 fights with a NC over DC due to steroids and a TKO over a washed up ass Gus who got choked out by journeyman man bum Anthony Smith in his next fight.

Admit you pathetic American cowards: Jones is boring and unimpressive without steroids. Cant finish a glass of water without steroids.

Back