Fedor was never in a close fight during his prime; Gus 1,2,3; Santos 1,2,5; Reyes 1,2,3

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, prime Jones could very well beat Fedor. We are talking about different eras. What I'm saying is that when we compare both fighters during their prime we have to admit that Fedor was never in a close fight during his prime. Yeah I know what happened in Arona fight but that was very early in Fedor's career. He went undefeated for a decade during his prime and fans never had to question his wins. Fedor was behind on the scorecards in some of his fights but he left do doubt and finished the guy later.
Jones arguably should have lost to Gustafsson, Santos and Reyes. First two are very arguable I know but he for sure lost to Reyes. When I'm comparing Fedor's and Jones's primes I have to put Fedor ahead because he left no doubts, although Jones could be p4p more skilled fighter because the sport has evolved.

Same thing about GSP (Hendricks and Penn fights)
Aldo (Frankie Edgar 1)

Prime Fedor sends Jones to the hospital with a broken orbital, broken jaw, broken arm, 4 broken ribs, internal bleeding, and severe concussion

Don't get me wrong, prime Jones could very well beat Fedor. We are talking about different eras. What I'm saying is that when we compare both fighters during their prime we have to admit that Fedor was never in a close fight during his prime. Yeah I know what happened in Arona fight but that was very early in Fedor's career. He went undefeated for a decade during his prime and fans never had to question his wins. Fedor was behind on the scorecards in some of his fights but he left do doubt and finished the guy later.
Jones arguably should have lost to Gustafsson, Santos and Reyes. First two are very arguable I know but he for sure lost to Reyes. When I'm comparing Fedor's and Jones's primes I have to put Fedor ahead because he left no doubts, although Jones could be p4p more skilled fighter because the sport has evolved.

Aldo (Frankie Edgar 1)

Gus and Santos did not beat Jones.
Reyes did on the contrary.

prime Gus was the only fighter who almost killed prime Jones

think About that

Gus and Santos did not beat Jones.
Reyes did on the contrary.
they did not, yes but the point is that those fights are considered "very close" fights. Do you remember any close fight in Fedor's career? other than the Arona fight that happened before he even became famous.

Aldo (Frankie Edgar 1)

D0aSxsTW0AAxHlD.jpg

"Jones told that he was so beat up after the Gustafsson fight, that he couldn't even wipe himself, forcing his coach to lend him a hand".

Prime Fedor sends Jones to the hospital with a broken orbital, broken jaw, broken arm, 4 broken ribs, internal bleeding, and severe concussion
2 can play at this game...
Prime Jones retires Fedor with two 2 blinded eyes, 2 broken legs, 2 broker arms, broken nose, cracked skull, internal and external bleeding, permanent memory loss, 2 blown ACLs, a cracked spine, PTSD and severe depression. Maybe even testicular cancer.

It be like that when you fight Zululinho esque fighters when Ur in your prime

Got rocked by a Japanese pro wrestler

Also KTFO by Hendo, destroyed by Bigfoot

kinda easy to consider fedor out of his prime when he start losing tough, why not just say jones is out of his prime and still manage to win against santos and reyes? same for gsp against hendricks?
if we're talking about goat status you can't just discard every fedor losses using the subjective agrument that he was out of his prime
fedor got chocked out by werdum and mauled by bigfoot silva but that somehow doesn't count whereas gsp winning a close fight (robbery) at the end of his career is held against him in goat discussion, doesn't seems fair

they did not, yes but the point is that those fights are considered "very close" fights. Do you remember any close fight in Fedor's career? other than the Arona fight that happened before he even became famous.

They are close fights indeed but its important to give Reyes his dues, he dominated for the most part saturday and its a first.
When it comes to fedor in his prime, it was not as close, probably cause you did not have the same global quality among the fighters at the time.
The fight against Big Nog remain competitive though.

It be like that when you fight Zululinho esque fighters when Ur in your prime

Got rocked by a Japanese pro wrestler

Also KTFO by Hendo, destroyed by Bigfoot
Jones fought Chael Sonnen and bunch of other former middleweights that he had big reach advantage over. Let's not talk about competition.

Jones is still the champ no matter how much you cry and complain on the Internet ......just accept and get on with your life

They are close fights indeed but its important to give Reyes his dues, he dominated for the most part saturday and its a first.
When it comes to fedor in his prime, it was not as close, probably cause you did not have the same global quality among the fighters at the time.

JMMA produced way better fighters than US & Brazil, but JMMA is ded.

kinda easy to consider fedor out of his prime when he start losing tough, why not just say jones is out of his prime and still manage to win against santos and reyes? same for gsp against hendricks?
if we're talking about goat status you can't just discard every fedor losses using the subjective agrument that he was out of his prime
fedor got chocked out by werdum and mauled by bigfoot silva but that somehow doesn't count whereas gsp winning a close fight (robbery) at the end of his career is held against him in goat discussion, doesn't seems fair

These guys are even worse with cro cop. Wins the gp... clearly in his Prime. Gets brutally KOd by Gonzaga..... not in his prime

He won the 1st 2 rounds but claiming he “dominated” is just ridiculous.

Jones is 12 years into his mma carreer.

When Fedor was 12 years into his mma carreer, he had 3 actual losses.

I'm a Fedor fan, but there's at least a couple of sides to this story ...

Back