Fedor vs CroCop. Fedor's team share their memories.

Incredible read. This is pure gold for any fans of mma.

The preparation of fedor is fascinating. A lot of running, pull ups, kettle bells which is basically what we all thought/knew. But to read how he would sort of combine S/C and skill training. It makes a lot of sense.

Also fedor may have had the best mental game of any fighter in mma history. I know that is impossible to actually say but what he put himself thru/how collected he was in fights is remarkable. Probably much of the reason he is the goat.

Thanks TS.. Great read.

Reminded me how great Pride was.

man this was a great thread. I was living in japan when this fight went down and I remember how huge it was there. i know a lot of people like to talk shit about pride and call those who speak fondly about it as pride nut huggers but i can only assume that these people simply didn't watch during that time...otherwise, they would understand what made it special. pride was so fucking awesome.

there aren't many other cases where there is such a clear trajectory of two fighters careers where they are destined to clash...and then measure up to the hype! i guess connor/aldo is on course to rival this but even still, it's not quite the same. cro cop and fedor told their story with nothing other than their fights...no lip service.

pride had more than fights-they had story's that were intriguing drew you in. saku's clash's with the gracie's is another classic that had a history that started 50 years prior. it's just fucking crazy. i loved pride.

"Emelianenko Fedor, you are next". That was CroCop trashtalking...

Great read, can't get enough of anything Fedor related.

Back