Fedor vs CroCop. Fedor's team share their memories.

Fedor v CroCop is the biggest fight in MMA history. I think they should make a documentary about that fight.

I still have a picture in my mind when crocop threw a high kick Fedor answered back lol

Great read.

Fedor had a broken bone bone in his had and heard rumors that CroCop said he was ducking him... Fedor fights CroCop anyways. Old school. Love it. Sorry Jones fans.

Response to the LHK as great too. Make CroCop pay for each one. Go hard and make him defend a flurry after every LHK, make him think about it.

Also, Fedor driving a Lada. :)

Fedor would drive to the city to buy fruits for the team. He was driving a simple Russian car "Lada" back then. Fedor never cared about status and things like that.

The thought of Fedor driving a Lada is priceless!

He is, and always will be, the man.

Great read, thanks TS

Back in the day before there were 49382090404 UFC events every month (not that I am complaining though), there was plenty of time to let fights simmer in your head. I remember going through Fedor/Crocop scenarios in my head non-stop. I was so pumped for this fight, my two all-time favorites. I was convinced Fedor would wait for a kick, shoot in and take the fight to the ground. I was absolutely blown away watching a 20 minute epic striking match. After the first minute I understood what Fedor's strategy was: press forward constantly and don't give Crocop the chance to set up those kicks. Brilliant! No one had thought to employ that tactic so far against him. What an epic fight from both guys. Definitely one of the best fights of all time.

Great read.

Fedor had a broken bone bone in his had and heard rumors that CroCop said he was ducking him... Fedor fights CroCop anyways. Old school. Love it. Sorry Jones fans.

Response to the LHK as great too. Make CroCop pay for each one. Go hard and make him defend a flurry after every LHK, make him think about it.

Also, Fedor driving a Lada. :)

...Lmao @ your avatar.haha

Amazing read, thanks TS, Fedor is the GOAT of course win or lose in his return because what he means for mma widely surpasses his record obviously.

Awesome stuff, thanks TS

Great read. I remember that fight like it was yesterday. What a war. Much respect to Fedor and Cro Cop, the 2 legends of MMA.

awesome.

Fedor went and sparred with Bonjasky, yvel, and spong. No wonder he was able to stand with Cro Cop,

The point is that he was able to stand with CroCop not because he was a better striker or even a good one. He surprised CC by not going for takedowns and using what he learned in Holland to make it a stand up fight. This whole time CC is training for takedowns and sub defense and Fedor erases all that. It was a great gameplan and I dont know why fighters dont do this more often. Anderson/Chael 1 had this as well. Opening seconds of the fight Anderson is preparing for a takedown and Chael throws a bomb right down the pipe....changes the whole fight because Anderson doesnt know if Chael is going to strike or go for a takedown. The reverse would if Anderson would go for a takedown right away. Fighters are still often too predictable and that is how you exploit them. You dont need to be better, you just need to surprise them.

Back