Fedor started slowing down at 33, GSP retired at 32, Jones is 32..

If were being frank I think in the coming years fighters in their 30's are going to age more like Weidman.

USADA Era

That's because fans care more about legacy than most of the fighters do. The fighters are in this to make as much money as possible. Fedor's made a shitload since then. Jones will do this too. Even GSP who claims he only wants fights for his legacy, cherry picks fights that bring him the most money with the least amount of risk.

I agree with your take on Fedor showing signs of losing it during the Rogers fight. I've always felt that Fedor's last great performance was the Tim Sylvia fight.
You are right, he looked a bit sloppy against Arlovski too, but we thought it was one off.

Justin Gatlin won the 100m world title aged 35 in 2017 and got a silver aged 37 in 2019.
Just because Jones is 33 in July it doesn't mean he's done and Gatlin has an even worse record at failing drug tests than Jones does.
I agree with you, although the worse record of failing drug tests for Gatlin could mean that he is or was on way more stuff than Jones has been, thus enabling him to perform as good despite his age.

It's the miles more than the age. It's usually around 10 years into the sport where you start to see the decline and Jones is right on the path. Fedor, Anderson, Aldo. GSP is the only one that made it out just in time.

If I were Jones, I'd retire, wait for there to be a terrible HW champion, come back, challenge for the HW title, win it and then retire again. As much as I love Fedor, Jones would have an incredible case of GOAT.

Jones has squeaked by two fights in a row and I can't see it getting any better for him at his age and mileage.

Fedor..19 fights in prime 6 years ..starting with beating big nogfor title.
Gsp starting w 2nd matt fight for title..11 years 16 fights 1 of them a loss to a late replacement fighter..finished.
Jon 15 fights in 10 years starting with shogun title win.
So Fedor fought almost 2 times as much as either..in a harder to stay undefeated division...the hardest in the sport. Also simultaneously he fought in combat sambo for 8 years undefeated... he was far more active.

If were being frank I think in the coming years fighters in their 30's are going to age more like Weidman.

USADA Era
Yaiks, Weidman is the worst degraded champ ever who didn't even hit prime.

GSP came out of retirement to win a belt in the division above and damn near killed a fighter that demolished Anderson.

funny that hey.

Anderson KO’d Bisping FFS

GSP was terrified and ran

love it that we can have these arguments in 2020

him 'slowing' down was the armchair critics take on things to make themselves feel knowledgeable and astute. But as the rest of us already knew, watching him fight rampage and chael showed just how fast he still is. Faster that much younger heavyweights that the soy boys would have you believe are a 'new breed'.

he wasn't KO'd. he dropped to one knee and showed zero signs of being out. fantasy talk.

Fedor's fight with Brett Rogers, he struggled. Of course he was giving up some 40 pounds of weight, but he always was the smalller guy and it never bothered him in the past. He looked slower, weaker and unmotivated. He still dominated every second of the fight and KOd the guy but this was the fight that was an eye opener for us Fedor fans, that he is beginning to slow down and becoming reckless. Fedor was fighting for 9 years and was undefeated. He would go on a bad losing streak from this point, many believe he should have retired undefeated.

GSP retired at the young age of 32. He did it after he had a tough fight with Hendricks which many believe he lost. He was dominated in that fight in every aspect of the game. He slowed down too and with usada looming around, it was time to call it quits.

Jones will be 33 this years and he too seems to be slowing down, allowing the rest of the pack to catch up with him. He looks very beatable now, he was arguably beaten in his last two fights. Should he retire undefeated?

Goats retire or start to lose steam at young age! 32/33 is that age.

except for Anderson who ruled the world till 38.

Fedor did not “always” fight bigger fighters…matter fact he was the larger fighter in over half of his fights. Learn the sport before you start a shit thread.

Last edited:

That’s funny bisping beat Anderson’s cheating ass 4-1. Anderson tried to play a trick and coax the judges into thinking they should call the fight but bisping was already up after the knee whilst Anderson was carrying on like a fucking jackass! It was hilarious!

oh and gsp would 50-40 Anderson if he didn’t already cave his face in with elbows.

he wasn't KO'd. he dropped to one knee and showed zero signs of being out. fantasy talk.
Anderson fans are super delusional. Always have been.

es normal.

If the round wasn’t over he’d have been done
That’s funny bisping beat Anderson’s cheating ass 4-1. Anderson tried to play a trick and coax the judges into thinking they should call the fight but bisping was already up after the knee whilst Anderson was carrying on like a fucking jackass! It was hilarious!

oh and gsp would 50-40 Anderson if he didn’t already cave his face in with elbows.

Why did he never fight him then?

Anderson would have kicked his head off.

What’s your thoughts on GSP vs Serra 1?

I mean, you kinda forgot the obvious difference in that GSP and Jones, unlike Fedor, didn't start LOSING.

You can say they're having worse/harder performances if you'd like, but they're still winning against these top 5 fighters. Fedor went and got finished 3x in a row by non-top 5 fighters.

Fedor has a lot more fights than Jones and GSP.

All of his losses came after age 33. 2 of his losses are at 40+.

Fedor's record before age 33: 30-1-1
Jon's record before age 33: 26-1-1
GSP's record before age 33: 25-2

Fedor's record after 33rd birthday: 9-5
Jon's record after 33rd birthday: 0-0
GSP's record after 33rd birthday: 1-0

I guarantee if GSP and Jones had 14 more fights past age 33, they would definitely have a few more losses on their record. Jones arguably lost his last 2 fights anyway. Jones should be 24-3-1 or 23-4-1 if you count the first fight against Gus. GSP arguably lost to Hendricks as well.

If the round wasn’t over he’d have been done

Why did he never fight him then?

Anderson would have kicked his head off.

What’s your thoughts on GSP vs Serra 1?
He got colitis. And couldn’t fight after that.

gsp vs Serra reminded me a lot of Anderson vs Weidman 1 actually. Funny that.

but unlike gsp Anderson couldn’t avenge the rematch and showed he was the inferior fighter who was completely outclassed by Weidman off all fighters. Lol. Gsp showed the world what sere did was just him getting caught.

How old was Yoel Romero when he wrecked Lyoto, Weidman, Rockhold?

Belfort and Anderson didn't fall off until ages 38 and 39.

Fedor's fight with Brett Rogers, he struggled. Of course he was giving up some 40 pounds of weight, but he always was the smalller guy and it never bothered him in the past. He looked slower, weaker and unmotivated. He still dominated every second of the fight and KOd the guy but this was the fight that was an eye opener for us Fedor fans, that he is beginning to slow down and becoming reckless. Fedor was fighting for 9 years and was undefeated. He would go on a bad losing streak from this point, many believe he should have retired undefeated.

GSP retired at the young age of 32. He did it after he had a tough fight with Hendricks which many believe he lost. He was dominated in that fight in every aspect of the game. He slowed down too and with usada looming around, it was time to call it quits.

Jones will be 33 this years and he too seems to be slowing down, allowing the rest of the pack to catch up with him. He looks very beatable now, he was arguably beaten in his last two fights. Should he retire undefeated?

Goats retire or start to lose steam at young age! 32/33 is that age.

except for Anderson who ruled the world till 38.
You usually get about 10 good years in this sport until you decline. That being said Fedor and GSP are from different eras in MMA where the game has vastly evolved. BJ Penn is a prime example he was a great champ when the skill set was lower but would he at his prime been champ today, no way. GSP I would say yes but Fedor no I don’t think even at his prime he’d be champ in today’s setting and I was a massive Fedor fan

Jon Juice Jones doesnt have as much mileage because he took 3.5 years off when he was suspended for steroids. His problem isnt age, its the fact that hes an unimpressive fighter without steroids. He can still coast for a bit but his time is coming. Sooner or later hes going to catch a beating.

LOL double pissbelt you are so desperate. GOAT JONES is 28 fights in without being beaten and has dominated for 12 years! Keep wishing that GOAT JONES loses ya lil bia!

Back