Fedor started slowing down at 33, GSP retired at 32, Jones is 32..

How Fedor fans try to describe his career in Pride.
King-Kong-Bundy-Little-Beaver-WrestleMania-3-1024x767.jpg

How Fedor fans try to describe his career in Pride.
King-Kong-Bundy-Little-Beaver-WrestleMania-3-1024x767.jpg

So true. End thread.

And fact is that fedro was the larger fighter in over half of his fights. Pride nerds will try and dispute however I am bringing up FACTS not OPINIONS!

Fedor was past his peak but he was still a heavy weight in his prime, it was mostly mental with Fedor.

Fedor is still a top 2 goat to me, but you don't get a pass just because you decide you wanna brawl and it turns out bad.

To me Anderson has the arguable GOAT longevity in MMA, more so than anyone else on the mount rushmore of MMA. He aged like fine wine....no one could have predicted he'd hold the belt until 2013 when he won it in 2006.

Agreed he was past peak but it wasn't mental. He had injuries which was impacting training and fighting style which caused his to adapt more of a standup style. Jones might be in the same spot as well with his wrestling.

poor desperate @markg171 literally went to the wasteland,pure garbage, to give props to a ridiculous (even the modz flamed it) [full of wtf inaccuracies] thread... and guess which bum gave the only like to this shit?

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...advantage-is-the-biggest-myth-in-mma.2971725/

View attachment 730453
Do elaborate on these “inaccuracies”. Seems he was of similar size or larger in the majority (no matter how small) of his fights. Yes he was undersized in quite a few but when you fight at hw that happens. I’ll listen to any facts you’d like to present.

Agreed he was past peak but it wasn't mental. He had injuries which was impacting training and fighting style which caused his to adapt more of a standup style. Jones might be in the same spot as well with his wrestling.
"mostly mental" definitely wasn't the best way to phrase that haha. The mileage on his body most certainly impacted his willingness and ability to grapple like his younger days. I just feel like mentally he was so much more impatient during his strikeforce run, trying to kimura Rogers from half guard and getting swept, trying to rush the finish on Werdum and getting subbed, getting wild and leaving himself open to a fight ending reversal from Hendo.

I have no doubt Jones isn't the same explosive and powerful wrestler of his youth, I wonder how that horrific toe injury has impacted his training. That injury doesn't get talked about nearly enough, iirc he still tapes it up till this day. You can certainly argue his offensive wrestling has declined since the Sonnen fight.

Do elaborate on these “inaccuracies”. Seems he was of similar size or larger in the majority (no matter how small) of his fights. Yes he was undersized in quite a few but when you fight at hw that happens. I’ll listen to any facts you’d like to present.

The "irony" of that ridiculous thread ya & that other bum poster picked from the garbage:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...advantage-is-the-biggest-myth-in-mma.2971725/

> 1st page:

"Kevin Randleman: 5'10", 205 pounds. 2 inches shorter, 25 pounds lighter than Fedor. Category: Bigger."

"Because you can't argue against my facts."

> 2nd page:

"I see no one has been able to put forward any figures to disprove my claim. Just as I suspected. The facts don't lie. "

@ 5mn50:

Now... This is [one of ] Fedor´s most famous fight, arguably...
Imagine the quality of the information provided by that other mediocre poster about the Rings era, for instance...

dc lol.gif

Ya may go & cancel your like, fool.

lolol.png

Last edited:
The "irony" of that ridiculous thread ya & that other bum poster picked from the garbage:

> 1st page:

"Kevin Randleman: 5'10", 205 pounds. 2 inches shorter, 25 pounds lighter than Fedor. Category: Bigger."

"Because you can't argue against my facts."

> 2nd page:

"I see no one has been able to put forward any figures to disprove my claim. Just as I suspected. The facts don't lie. "

@ 5mn50:

Now... This is [one of ] Fedor´s most famous fight, arguably...
Imagine the quality of the information provided by that other mediocre poster about the Rings era, for instance...

View attachment 730575

Ya may go & cancel your like, fool.

View attachment 730577

Checked weigh in, Randleman clocked in at 9 lbs lighter than Fedor. Not really a big argument although his 205 might have been a typo. Fought smaller, same size, bigger. Is what it is.

Checked weigh in, Randleman clocked in at 9 lbs lighter than Fedor. Not really a big argument although his 205 might have been a typo. Fought smaller, same size, bigger. Is what it is.
A "typo"?

dc lol.gif

Your friend missed the mark by no less than 23 lbs! [228 lbs]

How can it be a typo? 205 vs 228 ?

His 'Rings' numbers... "typo" too...

lolol.png

GSP lost to Hendricks and then fled during the USADA era even though Dana and everybody else said that he owed the fans, the belt, and Hendricks a rematch

Time stamped:

Say what you want about Dana but he was absolutely right here

1. He fled during the USADA era? No retard it was before. I know your dumbass joined in 2018 and you were probably 4 years old when that happened, but check your facts tit.
2. He didnt lose, he won lol. It says a lot that a Jon Jones GOAT thread, the first reply isnt even about Jones because youre so threatened by GPS's legacy, like a pissy little girl, you cant even talk about Jones 4 PED tests or cheating, you go right for grasping at the straws of GSPs legacy
3. Hes absolutely right here? This is the press conference where he lied about Georges going to the hospital and stole his belt from his locker? Suuuure, a thieving liar, caught in the act, is "absolutely right".

Lmao sad how many lies you had to come up with, but thats all Jones fans can do at this point. He has no legacy worth a fuck, thats why Jones "fans" immediately turn this into a GSP thread

I don't think it's slowing down as much as they are somewhat fighting guys that have a little bit of technique and bigger. Fedor never really fought big athletic guys with a little bit of technique until later in life. He was pretty well rounded in the sense where he can exploit bigger opponent's weakness if they are deficient on the ground or goon technical guys who weren't as physical as him. It's not like he didn't win multiple fights against lesser competition after he washed out of Strikeforce.
GSP was also the big man in his division along with the ability to punch/kick, grapple and wrestle. The guys he fought are primarily boxer/wrestlers or strikers/bjj guys who can't wrestle.

Wow getting caught in a triangle and scissor heel hook before his lengthy, dominant, and legendary run is unfathomable! The DQ loss to Okami he avaged by TKO’ing him the UFC. Give your head a shake trying to down play the greatest of the GOAT.

“Anderson didn’t lose until he was 38”

<36>

I wonder how many sports stars could have gotten a extra year or two out of their body if their sport had unregulated PED use.

Probably all the good ones.

How about showcase/jobber fights? That’s a easy way to extend a career

Choi 7.2" 360 lbs,
Zulu 400 lbs
Schilt 6.9" 300 lbs
Fedor fought opponent litarally twice his size. Other were afraid to put a couple of pounds to fight at catch weight at the exact same weight. There is no question who the GOAT is.

Minotauro fought 385lbs Bob Sapp. CC did too in K1.

Back