• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fedor should have found a way to fight in the UFC.

I didn't see it, is he being accused of faking it?
Yh when the lead seperated he quit like a bitch he couldn't beat Coleman in the semis trying hard so he knew. That was a typical way to throw a track people do it a lot u mostly see it from teens the shit Usain use to say about being ready at olympics and world championships is his main focus backfired yohan isn't even that good now he got eat up on that third leg usada must have a company in Jamaica it looks like

coulda shoulda woulda.

he didn't. can we move on now?

Been noticing more Fedor goat threads here than normal recently, so it is just a hard pill to swallow I guess.

Some people know more about the intricacies of the contract issues than others and we are just trying to sort out how this actually unfolded.

It's just mind blowing Fedor didn't cut ties with his suspect manager and get a chance to get revenge and dough going after Werdum, Henderson and Silva who all found a way into the UFC.

I get your desire to put this subject to rest though.

It was never about the UFC, it was about Dana that prevented Fedor from fighting in the UFC.

he was a making a mill a fight in affliction

Curious if you have any information regarding Fedor having to cough up some of those rubles to organized underworld individuals? I don't know but... I got a feeling...

No, its illegal for the people paying to pay anyone but the athlete. Its to protect people against what happened to like every boxer before the late 80s.
Fedor was an owner of the company. Either you are Dana or have your head up Dana's butt. We didn't see Fedor in the octagon because of Dana.

Curious if you have any information regarding Fedor having to cough up some of those rubles to organized underworld individuals? I don't know but... I got a feeling...
No idea but most likely

Yh when the lead seperated he quit like a bitch he couldn't beat Coleman in the semis trying hard so he knew. That was a typical way to throw a track people do it a lot u mostly see it from teens the shit Usain use to say about being ready at olympics and world championships is his main focus backfired yohan isn't even that good now he got eat up on that third leg usada must have a company in Jamaica it looks like

Mark Coleman was running out there too!

Just kidding!

Will watch it today, thanks for the details. Makes it much more interesting.

Been noticing more Fedor goat threads here than normal recently, so it is just a hard pill to swallow I guess.

Some people know more about the intricacies of the contract issues than others and we are just trying to sort out how this actually unfolded.

It's just mind blowing Fedor didn't cut ties with his suspect manager and get a chance to get revenge and dough going after Werdum, Henderson and Silva who all found a way into the UFC.

I get your desire to put this subject to rest though.

Fedor was a shareholder in M-1, he wasn't just signed to them and they weren't just his managers. He partly owned the company, like Floyd does with Mayweather Promotions.

Seems the endless Fedor greatness threads could have easily been given greater credibility if Fedor had found a way to fight in the UFC.

Everyone that beat him fought in the UFC.

Should have been easy money with his list of victims.

Would have made a fortune ppv's, merchandise, interviews etc.

Despite all the reasons he did not find a way to fight in the UFC... at some point it would only make the MOST sense to fight in the UFC.

Does anyone else think Fedor should have found some way to fight in the UFC to cement his legacy?

He did try. They had a meeting while on a plane or something like that... and verbal agreements were made. This is when Dana teased the whole "Big Announcement" thing which was supposed to be Lesnar VS Fedor, that ended up being 'action figures' in the end because when the contract was presented to Fedor and his camp, it wasn't what they agreed verbally, with Dana and the UFC using the whole "take it or leave it" attitude and suggesting that Fedor would have to fight in the UFC eventually so Fedor would have to abide by the UFC's terms sooner or later.

Fedor, a man of culture and humility, has said that money is not the most important thing in the world, and that Dana White needs to learn to respect the fighters he deals with. Dana's bully tactics and media-pressuring stunts wasn't going to work on the Russian Icon.

You obviously never watched that tournament. Chuck had a very hard fight with Overeem and then had to fight a rested Rampage immediately after.

On the tape/DVD I had it was edited like it was on the same night, so I can see how that could happen.

He did try. They had a meeting while on a plane or something like that... and verbal agreements were made. This is when Dana teased the whole "Big Announcement" thing which was supposed to be Lesnar VS Fedor, that ended up being 'action figures' in the end because when the contract was presented to Fedor and his camp, it wasn't what they agreed verbally, with Dana and the UFC using the whole "take it or leave it" attitude and suggesting that Fedor would have to fight in the UFC eventually so Fedor would have to abide by the UFC's terms sooner or later.

Fedor, a man of culture and humility, has said that money is not the most important thing in the world, and that Dana White needs to learn to respect the fighters he deals with. Dana's bully tactics and media-pressuring stunts wasn't going to work on the Russian Icon.

Yeah, good background information there.

Sometimes taking the high road unfortunately costs you in the future.

For what? UFC is a fucking freakshow. Even their champions want out or have wanted out at some point. UFC isn't about being the best. $$$? Not good enough $$$ either unless you run your mouth. Then put up with Dana White? No thanks.

So if WME/UFC fails and Bellator becomes #1, should Anderson Silva and GSP go there and are they expected to have another 10 year run on top?

Fedor, had fought for 10 years (not counting Sambo) before going to Strikeforce. That's the end of most fighters run despite their age. If he would have went to the UFC, it's not like you were going to get prime Fedor. You were going to get Fedor losing because he out of his prime and not evolving. Then, you would get people posting on forums that he was never any good because he can't compete in the UFC.

It's like saying because old Michael Jordan didn't look good and couldn't take the Wizards to the championship, he sucks and was overrated on the Bulls. No....

Fedor never went to the UFC because he never could come to terms. It's literally that simple. He didn't like the "slave contract" that the UFC offered and if other companies are willing to pay you just as much money if not more with fewer restrictions, why wouldn't you choose them over the UFC? Especially when Fedor said he doesn't care about the UFC brand and doesn't respect Dana.

That said, Lorenzo reached out on the side to Fedor and offered him a one fight deal against Brock at Cowboys stadium which we accepted. Fedor was already retired but then his dad died shortly after and he decided to stay retired. It almost happened.

So if WME/UFC fails and Bellator becomes #1, should Anderson Silva and GSP go there and are they expected to have another 10 year run on top?

Fedor, had fought for 10 years (not counting Sambo) before going to Strikeforce. That's the end of most fighters run despite their age. If he would have went to the UFC, it's not like you were going to get prime Fedor. You were going to get Fedor losing because he out of his prime and not evolving. Then, you would get people posting on forums that he was never any good because he can't compete in the UFC.

It's like saying because old Michael Jordan didn't look good and couldn't take the Wizards to the championship, he sucks and was overrated on the Bulls. No....

Fedor never went to the UFC because he never could come to terms. It's literally that simple. He didn't like the "slave contract" that the UFC offered and if other companies are willing to pay you just as much money if not more with fewer restrictions, why wouldn't you choose them over the UFC? Especially when Fedor said he doesn't care about the UFC brand and doesn't respect Dana.

That said, Lorenzo reached out on the side to Fedor and offered him a one fight deal against Brock at Cowboys stadium which we accepted. Fedor was already retired but then his dad died shortly after and he decided to stay retired. It almost happened.

I like to see legendary fighters get one last massive payday before they call it quits with some residuals to help them with their aches and pains after entertaining fans for so long.

On the tape/DVD I had it was edited like it was on the same night, so I can see how that could happen.
Yeah, I watched it live once, twenty times recorded and edited like the whole tourney was one night. Couple that with my stupid old man memory and you get some things that aren't consistent with reality

All those great pride legends just tore the ufc fighters to shreds .... Nog, Cro Cop, wand, Sho, etc. Oh wait. Fedor was great in Pride bit would never of done what he did then then in even a 10 years ago ufc.

Yeah, I watched it live once, twenty times recorded and edited like the whole tourney was one night. Couple that with my stupid old man memory and you get some things that aren't consistent with reality

Hehe...either way... Chuck got pretty lit up by Rampage.

I was like oooohhhhh he's takin a beatin!

Also Fedor has 1 legit win in the cage......... that came against the cock grabber

Back