• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fedor should have found a way to fight in the UFC.

FEDOR vs BROCK was an exciting time. On one side, Fedor fans thought Fedor would destroy Brock by whatever he want. The same can be said for Zuffa Zombies and cock chest lesnar. Although Fedor was still consider #1, he was on a decline in terms of training camp, physical conditioning and fight IQ. In retrospect, Brock could of easily secure a takedown on Fedor while Fedor was going for a haymaker a LA the start of R2 of the Bigfoot fight. Brett Rogers gave Fedor a decent challenge with only a few years of MMA training. The fight could of been historic for either fighters. I also wished Fedor vs Couture would of happen in Affliction. Fedor didn't need the UFC to collect millions of dollars in purse money or to cement his legacy as of the GOAT.

He had plenty of "ways" to fight in the UFC.

He chose not to because he didn't want to face elite competition.

Almost all of the blame lies with M-1 and Vadim. If he could go back in time I would bet Fedor would never have got involved with them and we would have seen him in the UFC.

Almost all of the blame lies with M-1 and Vadim. If he could go back in time I would bet Fedor would never have got involved with them and we would have seen him in the UFC.

Them guys was sketchy to say the least. Vadim makes me cringe a little.

I agree with most of this, I think there must be something behind the scenes that didn't make it to public ears.

Besides Askren, how many fighters have you actually ever heard of that couldn't be signed to the UFC?

Now this is a strange mess with Fedor missing out on revenge of all those guys that beat him, minus Kohsaka.

The big sticking point if I recall correctly, wasn't the dollars, but because Fedor's management team wanted to be co-promoters and the UFC was not having any of that, because that's the REAL money.

The big sticking point if I recall correctly, wasn't the dollars, but because Fedor's management team wanted to be co-promoters and the UFC was not having any of that, because that's the REAL money.

They HAD to know this would be a no - go with the UFC.

No plan - B... priceless.

Back