Fedor on Rousey

For liking women to be girly?

No, he is just straight and doesn't ovulate:)

He didn't ban female MMA, he just said he doesn't like it.

Then why is he ok with female Olympic boxing, Judo, TKD, etc.? These are not traditionally "girl" sports and also lead to serious injuries. More women have been severely injured in judo and boxing matches than WMMA.

I'll answer that: He's a party man and he's ok with women hurting each other if it brings gold medals to the Rodina.

The actual full contact stuff, I cannot comprehend why a chick would want to.

Glenn_quagmire.jpg

Not trying to knock fedor, but his logic is typical fundamentalist european,
They dont speak for the rest of the world, women of my culture fight alongside men and are looked at as equals.
You cant have equality if your drawing lines in the dirt, thats backwards dark ages thinking.
Then again, when we had women doctors and leaders "yall" were still burning women at the stake...

Other thing that bugs me about his words is that he talks about swinging wildly and missing...
that was his main striking style throwing bunches of combos hoping one landed, and look at all the damage he took in his career.

Maybe he made a realization about his own journey and is projecting, but looks like bs to me.

Fedor took very little damage overall in his career, considering the competition and longevity. He had better defence than any other HW ever.

Damn, poor Ronda keeps on praising Fedor and she get's this shit in return.

I love Fedor, but come on.

Wonder if she'll jump on him the way she did GSP when all he said was he's old fashioned and doesn't like watching them hurt each other.

I don't care about the damage, personally. It makes sense women aren't doing damage, at least in my view.

I just genuinely think it doesn't make sense for women to fight, on any level. They're just overall less competitive, less aggressive and less durable than men.

Training martial arts does make sense though, because it's something fun to do and obviously a fruitful hobby. The actual full contact stuff, I cannot comprehend why a chick would want to.

That part's sheer bullshit. Women fighters are undoubtedly less powerful and, in many cases, less skilled, but less aggressive? No way. Outside of Holly "HEUGH! HEUGH!" Holm, most women fighters are fucking berserkers.

I dunno what you mean by "less durable," either. Would they get KOed by 200+ pound men? Yeah, but so would 115 pound men. That's why 135 lb women fight 135 lb women, 135 lb men fight 135 lb men, and 205 lb men fight 205 lb men. We should judge durability based on their respective classes, in which case, women are very durable. Also tough. If Miesha was a dude she'd be talked about in the same breath as Hendo, Shogun or Prime Big Nog for toughness.

Any Russian translators out there that can tell us if literally meant "where women look like women?"

or was it intended to mean where women behave (not punch each other) like women?

Edit: NVM IDGETKTFO answered me with:
"I respect the girls who defend the country's honor at the Olympics, in wrestling, boxing. But I do not support female MMA. A woman must take care of the house, raise her children and be feminine. There a lot of different sports which help her in that, but MMA is not one of them."

He doesn't literally mean "looks" which I'm sure would ruffle the gals feathers to hear.

Last edited:
It's fair that Fedor "doesn't like that she misses a lot of punches", but it's not that he was one to shy away from swinging wildly and missing.

And no, I'm not saying Ronda would beat Fedor in a boxing match.

At least not easily.

At least not easily? BWAHAHAHA Fedor used to train with pro boxers! Ronda wouldn't Last one minute! Btw i'm a Ronda fan but not a delusional one. Is she Goku now to SJW?

Does he have one? It's not listed on fight finder.

But I guess it was a rather lame attempt at calling Ronda's competition "amateur".

how about 10 years undefeated, at HW, not Ronda Weight,

Also, how about we compare Ronda opposition VS Fedors...Hell even Matt Lindland seems legit when you put Coreira a sidehim lol.

Go eat your greens Ronda, you cant eat russian bears yet you don't have the stomach for it!

The man doesn't like the idea of women getting hit. Each to his own.

Weird Fedor would think this because he signed with STrikeforce before and women were fighting there before UFC

In my opinion, his opinions make him an asshole.

In my opinion, this opinion makes you an asshole. I'm agnostic, but I am tolerant of religion. If Fedor engages in some kind of illegal discriminatory behavior as a result of his beliefs, then I'll call out that behavior. But short of that, I respect his beliefs.

Any Russian translators out there that can tell us if literally meant "where women look like women?"

or was it intended to mean where women behave (not punch each other) like women?

Edit: NVM IDGETKTFO answered me with:
"I respect the girls who defend the country's honor at the Olympics, in wrestling, boxing. But I do not support female MMA. A woman must take care of the house, raise her children and be feminine. There a lot of different sports which help her in that, but MMA is not one of them."

He doesn't literally mean "looks" which I'm sure would ruffle the gals feathers to hear.

Actually, I think most professional WMMA fighters would find it more insulting that he doesn't respect their career choices than that he thinks they're ugly.

In my opinion, this opinion makes you an asshole. I'm agnostic, but I am tolerant of religion. If Fedor engages in some kind of illegal discriminatory behavior as a result of his beliefs, then I'll call out that behavior. But short of that, I respect his beliefs.

Huh? Legality =/= morality. You don't have to do something illegal to be an asshole.

I don't mind watching the women fight, but half the time I'm in awe at how horrible they are at striking. Most close their eyes and swing, while hoping for the best.

It's pretty hilarious!

There are a few excellent women strikers and so they seem like diamonds in piles of shit. Ronda is getting praises for her performance at UFC 190 but that was some of the sloppiest striking I've seen. She knocked Bethe out because she was a much bigger opponent physically. She was able to walk through the punches and I don't see how she would do that against Cyborg. After watching JJ, there is some hope in the next gen fighters having amazing striking.

There are a lot of sports where women look like women - like gymnastics, water sports, maybe some athletics

LOL - Makes me love Fedor even more. I don't hate WMMA btw I just get such a kick out of his old school mentality....lol.

This, from the guy who was swinging at Bigfoot like a drunken sailor, mostly catching nothing but air. (Before the eye damage.)

I will always love the one and only Goat, but Feddy... calm your stone-age Russian ass down, go in the kitchen, and make Ronda a sandwich.

This is how sherdog's moderators actually talk to the GOAT. Not only did you prove you knew nothing at all about fighting, but you're also proving to us why sherdog has such a high net worth.

Dana bless.

People here saying that Fedor swung for the fences still don't seem to grasp the basics of the casting punch in Combat Sambo.

It is a grappler's punch, not a boxer's.

Eh, he's got a conservative outlook. Don't really care, though I'd like it if he simply refrained from responding to questions about her. Just drawing the ire of pansies the world over.

Anyway, the idiots acting like Fedor also swung wildly, missed a lot, and received lots of damage clearly only watched him during his decline.
Fedor is one of the most evasive fighters in mm history, and probably also one of the most accurate. Just 'cos you don't understand what you're seeing, doesn't mean he was a bad striker.

Back