Fedor Is Still Better Than Jones

Trust me man it's really exciting watching your guy fight guys "There is no way" he can beat... and he beats them... He stops them.

I feel sorry for you Jones Pownz because how thrilling can it be to beat guys you are supposed to beat? After all you are supposed to beat them. You have a foot reach on someone and ya beat him, you couldn't stop them, who is gonna say "that was a great victory" ?

fedor was favored against everyone he fought after like 2003.

Basically your points are as follows:

1. There are no more interesting Jones fights at 205 outside of the Gustafsson rematch.

2. Jones has a reach advantage.

SO FUCKING WHAT ?

The first point about interesting fights is actually just your dumb, short-sighted opinion. By the time the rematch with Gustafsson happens there will be another clear cut contender for Jones to face - or Jones will have lost his belt and have to fight his way back up the ranks.

The point about Jones having no more interesting fights "outside of the Gustafsson rematch" (DULY NOTED THIS TIME) is basically you just crying because Jones is too good and you desperately want to watch him lose or at least struggle.

Every Jones fight is interesting because we have no idea just how far he is going to go or if he will mess up.

And you second point is Jones has a reach advantage so he should move to heavy weight. Literally. That's your point. According to you, arm reach is more of an advantage than actual height, so therefore Jones should fight at heavy weight.

Forget about Cyrille Diabate, forget about Weidman (who is very big for his weight class), forget about Renan Barao who freaking passed out trying to make weight.

Jones needs to move up to heavy weight, because he has long arms and you don't like him and want to watch him lose.

Whatever man. I'm done arguing this bullshit with you. Open your eyes.

Summed it up and called him out all at once, well done...

45018-Billy-Dee-Williams-clapping-gi-87wh.gif

Are you saying it's unreasonable to think Jones would stand a decent chance against prime Fedor? I watched Fedor's fights when they happened and I think this match would be a toss up.

It's not a tossup. Fedor would decimate Jones. There is no way for him to stop Fedor from taking him down. Even if he could, he has no power to hurt Fedor or stop him from moving forward until he KOs Jones or wins by points.

Not only is Fedor stronger and more powerful than Jones, he is stylistially a nightmare for Jones with his ability to close the distance and take ANYONE down. He ragdolled 7', 260 lbs Semmy Shilt. He took 6'3, 245 lbs Big Nog 8 times down in their first fight.

Imagine a guy with the punching power of JDS, the unrelenting pace of Diaz and the TDs of Ronda Rousey. Add to that the strength of an ox. That is prime Fedor.

Jones doesen't stand a snow ball's chance in hell.

Are you saying it's unreasonable to think Jones would stand a decent chance against prime Fedor? I watched Fedor's fights when they happened and I think this match would be a toss up.

I was actually talking about the entire event including the run up to it... I really wasn't denigrate your experience - just clarify. I agree it would be a toss up...

It's not a tossup. Fedor would decimate Jones. There is no way for him to stop Fedor from taking him down. Even if he could, he has no power to hurt Fedor or stop him from moving forward until he KOs Jones or wins by points.

Not only is Fedor stronger and more powerful than Jones, he is stylistially a nightmare for Jones with his ability to close the distance and take ANYONE down. He ragdolled 7', 260 lbs Semmy Shilt. He took 6'3, 245 lbs Big Nog 8 times down in their first fight.

Imagine a guy with the punching power of JDS, the unrelenting pace of Diaz and the TDs of Ronda Rousey. Add to that the strength of an ox. That is prime Fedor.

lol at semmy. semmy is a decorated grappler.

Prime Fedor would make Jones look extremely average. Jones would get swarmed and stopped.

Simple MMAth can solve this. Jones beats DC easily who beat Hendo easily who knocked the fuck out of Fyador.

JK but seriously, Bones would beat the shit out of Fyador and has better wins in a stacked elite division.

fedor was favored against everyone he fought after like 2003.

Haven't seen you since I was someone else... I know we go back to Nog and Fedor was the favorite technically but as recent as Arlovski or The Tire Guy (sorry can't remember his name) Fedor went in the favorite, but the other guy had the ways to win, so yeah he was the favorite - BUT.
You might continue to disagree but think back to the first time you presented an non fan a Fedor fight.... and they marveled that the little fat guy is supposed to win?

Simple MMAth can solve this. Jones beats DC easily who beat Hendo easily who knocked the fuck out of Fyador.

JK but seriously, Bones would beat the shit out of Fyador and has better wins in a stacked elite division.

But it was a Herb Dean match...JK

I know exactly who Fedor was and what he was capable of. I'm not convinced he would have been able to take and keep Jones down though. I think there's a good chance Jones could have kept it standing for the majority of the fight, where he then could have been able to use his reach advantage to outstrike Fedor. Saying Jones wouldn't have stood a chance is just ridiculous. As is refering to Fedor as the hardest puncher in MMA history.

Haven't seen you since I was someone else... I know we go back to Nog and Fedor was the favorite technically but as recent as Arlovski or The Tire Guy (sorry can't remember his name) Fedor went in the favorite, but the other guy had the ways to win, so yeah he was the favorite - BUT.
You might continue to disagree but think back to the first time you presented an non fan a Fedor fight.... and they marveled that the little fat guy is supposed to win?

sure, he didn't look like the guy expected to win. but he was.

don't know yet who you used to be.

arlovski fedor was ONLY -350 betting favorite. rogers close to -600. of course, that's in part because of how great he was, but it's not like his opponents were given a huge chance. that said, he was still a big favorite for all his subsequent losses as well.

Jones is way above IMO. He would party it up a month before the fight and still beat the brakes off prime fedor.

Tire guy = Brett Rogers

Man you make Fedor sound like a camp fire story you tell to children starting mma. I'm not going to reiterate my views on Fedor because their known, but to say Fedor would decimate Jones at any point in his prime is a bit silly given what I've seen & know of both fighters.

i would favor fedor but i'd certainly give jones a decent chance to control the fight.

I'm not going to say Jon has the definite advantage. However, I will point out that people were pointed to DC manhandling HWs and were saying DC would be able to take Jon down with ease, would overpower him, would beat Jon with ease, and Jon had no chance against DC.

We all saw how that turned out.

Basically your points are as follows:

1. There are no more interesting Jones fights at 205 outside of the Gustafsson rematch.

2. Jones has a reach advantage.

SO FUCKING WHAT ?

The first point about interesting fights is actually just your dumb, short-sighted opinion. By the time the rematch with Gustafsson happens there will be another clear cut contender for Jones to face - or Jones will have lost his belt and have to fight his way back up the ranks.

The point about Jones having no more interesting fights "outside of the Gustafsson rematch" (DULY NOTED THIS TIME) is basically you just crying because Jones is too good and you desperately want to watch him lose or at least struggle.

Every Jones fight is interesting because we have no idea just how far he is going to go or if he will mess up.

And you second point is Jones has a reach advantage so he should move to heavy weight. Literally. That's your point. According to you, arm reach is more of an advantage than actual height, so therefore Jones should fight at heavy weight.

Forget about Cyrille Diabate, forget about Weidman (who is very big for his weight class), forget about Renan Barao who freaking passed out trying to make weight.

Jones needs to move up to heavy weight, because he has long arms and you don't like him and want to watch him lose.

Whatever man. I'm done arguing this bullshit with you. Open your eyes.

Heavyweight has more interesting match-ups. Bottom line. You've got JDS, Hunt, Cain, Lesnar etc. those would be some of the biggest, money making fights in the history of MMA.

So fucking what? Because the title fights at 205 are not interesting past Gus. Whoopty shit a clear cut contender doesn't mean it will be a meaningful, competitive match-up.

No, I want to see Jones in good competitive matches. Big money fights that the fans want to see. I don't want to see him beating up on more lackluster contenders that dwarf him. And yes, he is so good that there's no really good match-ups at 205. I'll fully admit that. That's primarily the reason why he should move to heavyweight after the Gus fight. And if he really is the best he will prove it at a higher weight class.

Not only because of his SIZE advantage. You still have yet to provide any real good future fights at 205 with Jones besides Gus. Texiera, Davis, Johnson etc. are not interesting in my opinion. I guarantee he'll beat all them and it won't be very competitive. Lame. No one really cares about these fights like.

Keep bringing up other taller fighters to make your point. Staying on topic is obviously difficult for you. Many who don't possess the same physical attributes to the level Jones has.

You need to open your eyes and stop making excuses. Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I know exactly who Fedor was and what he was capable of. I'm not convinced he would have been able to take and keep Jones down though. I think there's a good chance Jones could have kept it standing for the majority of the fight, where he then could have been able to use his reach advantage to outstrike Fedor. Saying Jones wouldn't have stood a chance is just ridiculous. As is refering to Fedor as the hardest puncher in MMA history.

Even if Jones could keep the fight standing, he lacks the power to hurt Fedor and Fedor had the power and toughness to just walk through his strikes and KO him. Even if Jones could avoid the KO, he would lose by points. Fedor punched much harder and was much tougher. If prime prime Crocop could not win a standup war with Fedor, then Jones wouldn't either. Jones doesen't finish anyone with his strikes. All his victories are by TKO and not KO. He can't bust a grape.

And yes, Fedor is the hardest puncher ever in MMA. What is controversial about that statement? A declining Fedor put to sleep 6'5, 263 lbs Brett Rogers. Jones is a better fighter than Rogers, but he is not tougher. Fedor would decimate Jones.

Back