Fedor Is Still Better Than Jones

Kingfarthur

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Jones has surpassed GSP and Anderson, but Fedor may still be slightly ahead of him in achievement.

Fedor was undefeated for over 10 years until he suffered his first real loss. In that span he beat notable fighters

Mark Coleman x2
Kevin Randleman
Mirko Cro Cop
Minotaur Nogeiura x3
Tim Silvia
Andre Arlovski
Mark Hunt
Heath Herring

Jones is undefeated for 7 years, and has beaten of note

DC
Gus
Texeira
Sonnen
Belfort
Evans
Rampage
Machida
Shogun

Jones has a slightly better resume of beaten fighters, but I think that's mainly because he fought during a more stacked period. Fedor beat most of the best HW's of his era, and the few great HW's he didn't get to fight (Couture, Barnett, Mir) didn't favor nearly as well again common fighters and its safe to say Fedor was better than them.

There wasn't a HW during his reign that was close to accomplishing what Fedor did.

I believe Jones will surpass him very soon, possibly within the year, but Fedor's greatness cannot be understated. Over 10 years undefeated in MMA as a HW world champion is very hard to accomplish.

Still Better?

Did you think this Coke thing put Jones ahead?

We already know Fedor is the goat.

Jones > Fedor.
Jones would also beat Fedor in a fight.

There wasn't a HW during his reign that was close to accomplishing what Fedor did.
Nog.

If Fedor didn't exist, Nog would be the GOAT. 31-2-1 pre-Mir. Both losses avenged.

Fedor has the better legacy but bones hellbows him to death.

Fedor is GOAT but this is going to turn into a shitstorm.

Fedor lost to Hendo, Hendo to Cormier, Cormier to Jones, Jones 3x better than Fedor and manhandles him.

But seriously, Fedor never fought in the UFC, Anderson GOAT.

Jones beat a murderer's row of ex champs in Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad and Belfort and made it look easy.

I'm not going to knock Fedor because his opposition wasn't as good, but I still favor Jones.

Jones beat a murderer's row of ex champs in Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad and Belfort and made it look easy.
Both Jones and Fedor have defeated an equal amount of former champions of their weight class (5), and made it look easy.

fedor:

image001.jpg

win or lose he won the hearts of the crowd and will always be remembered and carried

Thing about the 10 years is, Fedor hag done serious gimme fights. Not like he purposely took fights to remain unbeaten, the amount of time just isn't really legit.

I'm not going to knock Fedor because his opposition wasn't as good, but I still favor Jones.

Ex-champs but 3 of those guys were overweight MW's when they fought Jones who has some of the most massive proportions in the UFC. Shogun I believe would be better at 185 in terms of size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back