Fedor Is Still Better Than Jones

And yes, Fedor is the hardest puncher ever in MMA. What is controversial about that statement? A declining Fedor put to sleep 6'5, 263 lbs Brett Rogers. Jones is a better fighter than Rogers, but he is not tougher. Fedor would decimate Jones.

What exactly was it that made the Tire Man Brett Rogers so tough to you, because he was 6'5 263 lbs?

What exactly was it that made the Tire Man Brett Rogers so tough to you, because he was 6'5 263 lbs?

Because he took some epic blows straight to his chin and didn't get phased. Fedor clipped him and we went down like a log in the woods.

Fedor was a MW fighting at HW. Ruled the toughest division in MMA.

Jones is a HW disguised as a LHW. Has a massive reach advantage over every opponent. Also has suspect drug tests.

Fedor = GOAT

Even if Jones could keep the fight standing, he lacks the power to hurt Fedor and Fedor had the power and toughness to just walk through his strikes and KO him. Even if Jones could avoid the KO, he would lose by points. Fedor punched much harder and was much tougher. If prime prime Crocop could not win a standup war with Fedor, then Jones wouldn't either. Jones doesen't finish anyone with his strikes. All his victories are by TKO and not KO. He can't bust a grape.

And yes, Fedor is the hardest puncher ever in MMA. What is controversial about that statement? A declining Fedor put to sleep 6'5, 263 lbs Brett Rogers. Jones is a better fighter than Rogers, but he is not tougher. Fedor would decimate Jones.

I wouldn't expect Jones to KO Fedor. I'd expect him to use his reach to keep Fedor at range and outpoint him. It's totally possible that Fedor could have KOed Jones, but that seems less likely considering Jones has great defense, barely gets hit clean and would have a huge reach advantage.

And I highly doubt Fedor hit harder than Carwin or even Hunt and JDS.

I'm sorry, the level of comp that Jones has been through is just amazing. There are literally no scrubs on that list you provided.

I can name at least one, in Tim Sylvia on yours.

I doubt very much Jones could stop Fedor from taking him down. He ragdolled Semmy Shilt who was 260 lbs and even lankier than Jones as he were nothing. And, on the ground, Jones would face the most vicious ground-and-pound ever that makes Jones' elbows seem like nothing in comparison.

Make no mistake about it: Fedor in his prime was no joke: hardest puncher ever in MMA, most versatile takedown artist ever seen in any weight class, and an absolute finisher on the ground with vicious GNP and basic but good submissions. AND he was a heavyweight.

Jones wouldn't be able to stop Fedor from taking him down, and even if he could, he wouldn't be able to beat Fedor in a standup war due to Fedor's explosiveness and the constant threat of the takedown. Jones's low kicks are extremely risky against a Judo/sambo master like Fedor, and using them would result in Jones being taken down. Without them, Fedor would just move forward the whole time until he caught Jones or win by points.

Jon Jones would not stand a snow ball's chance in hell against a prime Fedor. Fedor was stronger, more powerful, had more versatile takedowns and a more proven submission game.

Fedor in his prime was an absolutely ungodly fighter. Jack Slack, who is extremely critical of even the most elite fighters, has stated that Fedor was the closest thing to a "flawless" fighter, blending striking with takedowns better than anyone, and the best overall ground game, mixing striking with submissions on the gorund like no other.

Semmy Shilt has no wreslting background.

I don't know about that. Jones may be the better fighter overall, but at his prime Fedor would have been a pretty good match for him. He used to be real damn quick. Had no trouble fighting taller opponents either.

Hong Man Choi isn't Jon Jones.

No no...
Pipe down, you know nothing.

k

---------------

Peoples hate for Jones really cloud their vision. I'm not a big fan of him and have rooted against him in many, many fights but there is no denying that he would completely destory Fedor and anyone Fedor has fought.

i like jones but i don't see him stopping a prime pride-era fedor

Jones is still adding to his legacy, few more LHW defenses and if he moves up to win HW title its over, he'd be GOAT above Fedor/Silva/GSP by 30 years old.

If Jones beats Silva's title defense record and then moves up to capture the HW title how can anyone say he isnt the GOAT?

I still give the edge to Fedor, but Jones is getting there and will likely pass him up.

The two of them fighting in their prime would be an amazing battle. I think Jones would be the victor.

I think peak Jones vs peak Fedor... Jones would win 6 or 7 fights from 10. Just opnion. Peak Cormier vs peak Fedor. DC would win 3 or 4 fights.

Back