Fedor is 38 years old...

its more concerning that he hasnt been training full time, in my opinion - he was already deterioting a bit, it seemed (great fighter, no hate) but being out of the gym for a while, i dont know how that works

but we're all interested to see, i think, so its worthwhile - i know he wants a fight w werdum, if he won that fight, it would be ridiculous for his reputation, which is already pretty solid

We are in the same boat. And your right "comebacks" don't really ever work out like the fans hope. I am just praying that "rested/motivated" Fedor will make a run threw in the UFC's heavyweight division. Also fun stat Ali came out of retirement at 38 , but was only retired for one year and lost two fights in a row via TKO i believe.

I feel the same I felt about NBA when MJ came back with the Wizzards.

I was just happy to see him back. I knew he wasn't the best anymore, but I enjoyed every second of his games. He still kicked as* for his age.

I can imagine Fedor still kicking some as* in the UFC.

Call me crazy, but if he is at his 2012 level, I expect him to win the title.

The entire heavyweight division is around 38 years old.

ts, what's the average age of the top10 HWs in the UFC?

hell no.

most of the current HW contenders are considered 'old', and the division is still fairly interesting & competitive. Fedor fits into this era of resurging HW careers well imo.

The champ is the same age, and the rest of the division isn't exactly young either.

Who knows. Maybe he's healed up and the resting time did him good.

Fedor is only one year older than Werdum (He will be 39 by the time that he fights) but the difference is Werdum has stayed active and is training at a top camp like a mad man.

Fighters don't fare well after a 3-4 year layoff. Not the best example but look at a recent fight like the Justin Wren fight in Bellator. He was a 13-2 HW with his only loss in the UFC being a split decision. He came back after a long layoff and barely scrapped by a 8-8 HW who had lost 4 in a row in Bellator. He looked terrible in the process

Fedor is only one year older than Werdum (He will be 39 by the time that he fights) but the difference is Werdum has stayed active and is training at a top camp like a mad man.

Fighters don't fare well after a 3-4 year layoff.

I believe I said just that in my next post.

I feel the same I felt about NBA when MJ came back with the Wizzards.

I was just happy to see him back. I knew he wasn't the best anymore, but I enjoyed every second of his games. He still kicked as* for his age.

I can imagine Fedor still kicking some as* in the UFC.

Call me crazy, but if he is at his 2012 level, I expect him to win the title.

I love Fedor too man. Been a fan of his and Shogun since i first got into MMA. I am crossing my fingers and praying that Fedor can at least make some waves. And for me as long as Fedor fights with a game plan and doesn't be a reckless head hunter (like in was for Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo) then he should be able to win fights.

Also, speed is the first thing that goes. At his size without having that speed advantage or ability to take punishment like he one could, I don't see much success. Though, if there's one MMA fighter that could always do the impossible it was Fedor.

Very reasonable answer.

I love Fedor too man. Been a fan of his and Shogun since i first got into MMA. I am crossing my fingers and praying that Fedor can at least make some waves. And for me as long as Fedor fights with a game plan and doesn't be a reckless head hunter (like in was for Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo) then he should be able to win fights.

He should.

Have you seen the age of UFC Heavyweights? Werdum (the champ) is 38, Cro Cop is 40, Big Nog is 39, Mark Hunt is 41, Roy Nelson is 39, Arlovski is 36, Mir is 36, Barnett is 38. He'll do just fine.

38 isn't that old for HW's, the question is does Fedor have the same speed or has he slowed down?

In order for Fedor to succeed he will need to go back to the sambo/strategist Fedor like in PRIDE. Yes, Fedor would get into brawls back in the days but the Mike Tyson headhunting Fedor will most definitely lose in the UFC.

Don't you think it is a bit too old for a comeback?

yes. but then again no one here thought there was a snowball's chance in hell of arlovski making another run at his age either. let's see him try before we say he's too old.

In order for Fedor to succeed he will need to go back to the sambo/strategist Fedor like in PRIDE. Yes, Fedor would get into brawls back in the days but the Mike Tyson headhunting Fedor will most definitely lose in the UFC.

this is a good point. he's gotten away from the ground game completely lately and just swings for the fences. he needs to be more unpredictable again.

It's HW. Any other division you would have a point at HW it's ok.

He's no spring chicken that for sure
But he is the goat

War goat

Have you seen the age of UFC Heavyweights? Werdum (the champ) is 38, Cro Cop is 40, Big Nog is 39, Mark Hunt is 41, Roy Nelson is 39, Arlovski is 36, Mir is 36, Barnett is 38. He'll do just fine.

however JDS is 31, and cain and stipe are both 33. they're probably going to have to keep him away from that group.

He can still do it with the right game plan he is well skilled provided he get a good camp.

Back